Standing increase affected by security level

Greetings fellow capsuleers,

I’ve recently decided to try Epic arcs, but I need the standing to start them, so I’ve started to run missions to raise the standing.
I already know about the LP rewards increase the lower security level systems the agents resides, is it the same with the standing (corp and faction for storyline) or I’ll get the same standing increase regardless the system?

1 Like

You get faction standing increase from storyline missions only. As far as I know, the security status of the system doesn’t matter. You will get corporate standing from both regular and storyline missions.

You can speedup the process by training social and connections skills.

For the epic arc you need standing with the faction or the initial agent.

i.e. the Gallente Arc “Syndication” needs standing of 5.0 with Impetus corporation or Gallente Federation before Roineron Aviviere will talk to you.

3 Likes

[quote=“Do_Little, post:2, topic:7244, full:true”]
You get faction standing increase from storyline missions only.[/quote]
Running Sisters’ Epic Arc helps too.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answers.
Right now I’m working to raise my standing with Ministry of Internal Order, and most of their agents are in 1.0 and 0.9 systems, so no worries to get lower increases.

1 Like

Mind you that when completing storyline mission for given faction you are getting standing hit for its enemy factions (Amarr, Caldari are friends and are enemies of Gallente, Minmatar, which are friends in turn). The benefit is bigger than the loss but still it’s good to keep an eye on your chart.

Dig up DeMichael Crimson’s thread “Faction standing repair plan” on the old forum for lots of useful info on that (maybe it’s time he posted it here on the new one?)

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll definitely post ‘The Plan’ here in these forums as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Also thanks for the honorable mention.

DMC

1 Like

A big Shout out to DMC, His work and sharing of information regarding Standings, Has been invaluable to anyone working In HS.

Recommended to all!

Thanks, Much appreciated.

1 Like

Thank you very much and I really appreciate the shout out.

:grinning:

DMC

Thank you all for the info, having already a positive standing I didn’t think to use “The (very useful ) Plan” :stuck_out_tongue:

And thanks DMC for your invaluable work :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re very welcome and sorry for the late reply. I hope ‘The Plan’ helps you as much as it helped me.

DMC

Standings gains do NOT increase with lower security level.

However, different NPC corporations will give you different static amounts of standings for… no reason? It’s just EVE mechanics I guess.

For example, with Social V, you will receive either 4.7812%, 5.7375%, or 7.1719% corp standings from completing non-bugged Anomic Missions for specific corps. Most corporations in highsec are in the middle at 5.7375%.

2 Likes

Size matters, well, at least some time ago it did. I remember that I worked up the standing ladder for Core Complexion (Corp Size = Huge) and Roden Shipyards (Corp Size = Medium) many years ago, and it went much faster to gain high standing for Roden Shipyards. The smaller the NPC corp the faster you gain standing.

A concrete formula for Corp Standing increase is here:

Corp standing increase
    = Agent standing increase * Agent efficiency / Corp size

Agent efficiency
    = 0.01 * ((8 * Agent level) + (0.1 * Agent quality) - 4)

An estimated empirical range of values for the Corp size factor is here:

Huge   : 0.8 - 1.0(?)
Large  : 0.6 - 0.7
Medium : 0.4 - 0.5
Small  : 0.2(?) - 0.3(?)
Tiny   : 0.1(?)

Both quotes are from 2010 and I don’t know if this formula and the values are still valid today. Certainly Agent quality doesn’t exist anymore but the formula might still hold with a constant value for this parameter (maybe 20 (?), which was the old highest Agent quality, or 0 (?), which was the average (Agent quality could range between -20 and 20 back then)).

3 Likes