r/Eve - Confession of a botmaker

Man, you would make nice Team Lead!
“Yes, this guy has zero results but it’s not that he did not work!”:grin:

It’s a bit harder to exploit and you have way more incentives to shot them down. The hunter gets the rat bounty.

If they cared, they would be doing more.

Last change was reducing a 30 day suspension, to a 3 day suspension…

1 Like

Wow… this is still going… by now CCP has thrown whatever doomsdays are necessary.

Why is it called null sec? It should be called bot sec. :robot:

3 Likes

At the end of the day CCP doesnt care because BOTs make them money. They wont do anything because they are either useless and or too lazy.

2 Likes

Cant we have a “confessions of a multiganker” instead?

I want to play this game as the kusions and tax collectors i.e using more than 3 gankers at once…so where are the guides to do this?

This is the best method of beating botters and the rmt brigade…peroid

With skill injectors you really don’t need a second account anymore. Those that run them often have a cyno alt, webber, booster or some other character that they can logon and a/cyno in to whelp their intended targe with. Then you’ve got all the farms: skill point, local scams, PI, industrial, market/trading, cloaky, ratting, etc. More than a few of these are AFK, more than a few are bots and most take advantage of VMs, VPNs and some form of macros.

Why depend on someone else (or a team) when you can bring your own party? I really feel like we’re following closely in Serenity’s footsteps here where it won’t be long before everyone is botting or cheating in some form. It seems like the only “suckers” are those paying for their Omega subscriptions.

2 Likes

AGI originating out of EVE? Oh my gods. Not even my deepest, darkest nightmares would come anywhere close to describe how horrific that would be.

I wouldn’t worry. Nothing highly advanced will ever come from CCP coding.

Sorry but that bar is too high. Have you considered mediocre being their target? Right now it’s more of a poor coding.

Looks like there will be something from security team regarding botting and RMT. First comment from CCP Falcon.
To be honest I dont think it will be something really substantial.

This guys covered it all very well:

KN_EVE_L
10 points
·
1 hour ago
·
edited 1 hour ago
1 guy in CS, 1 graphic designer, 2 devs, 2 coders, 5 guys in legal to deal with unsatisfied investors, Hilmar and one autist who is held in a cage and is forced to come up with ideas for the next one hit wonder high risk zero reward project. Guard and Falcon are hired on a fee basis to deal with PR nightmares.

Dont know how much there is in Iceland office, but whole number of CCP employees is nearly 300. 2017 figure, near the end.

I feel the opposite. I’ve been on a regular ole sub since 2011 and have never worried about playing Eve for free. I simply don’t understand that metric as a sign of success. It’s a game. I utterly refuse to worry about ‘making rent’ to play a game.

However, I do feel like I’m in the vast minority of players, and being left behind by CCP with every new gimmick. I’ve only ever used one account. I don’t really use alts. I’ve never used a skill injector and just paid my sub since the beginning. What should be the baseline is actually the rarest of unicorns.
A very old school purist way of playing a game. But Eve certainly doesn’t reward that style of game play and has been moving further and further from it since I’ve been playing. Success in Eve seems more based on gaming some mechanic than on a core of good game play.
And rather than fix that, CCP has just continued down the rabbit hole of rewarding multiboxers and whether knowingly or not, botters.

6 Likes

Considering that CCP can’t police their bot policy, any calls for account limitation per person are futile from the start. People already manage to use several alphas simultaneously, so go figure.

1 Like

As long as the old types of PVE continue to exist, there will be bots.

The same people who cry about bots are the ones who panic at the slightest idea CCP could take their repetetive mining, ratting and missioning away and replace it with something lot less bottable. See reactions to Abyssal Deadspace (before it was nerfed into the ground).

I blame the PVE grinders for being Bot enablers.

Well, anyone could start botting anytime anyway. But why? Where is enjoyment from playing?

In case of RMT its just money, in case of the rest, just getting enough ISK to do what someone could imagine is fun? Like multiple titans dropped on Rorqual fleet? :thinking:

Well, it would internalise every bit of demonstrated and cumulative human behaviour as the foundation for its own social psychology.

What could possibly go wrong with such a grand foundation … :slight_smile:

Actually, it isn’t a PVE thing. Not as such.

As long as there are stimuli for min/max type or forums of behaviour there will be bots. Simple as that. It isn’t even a repetition thing.

Problem is, most of EVE rests on that kind of behavioural foundation. Which is why in that recent interview CCP made clear that they did not think that a war on bots could ever really be won. They could only find ways to have less of a war and less reasons for it to arise.

Part of that is niche / feature game design. But the fundamentals of EVE are such that there will always be an impetus, so from that follows that CCP can never really rest on their laurels on the matter, no matter how good and positive the results from that first bit.

But maybe they can evolve matters from war to police action. Which in a way is odd, as right now there should be a war, but there’s very little police action. Part of that I can understand though, the Alpha curves have presented CCP with some big adaption / acquisition challenges. But still, part of me wonders on the wisdom of going from a 30 day ban to a 3 day ban for a first offence. Maybe it’s valid, that’s possible, for us it is impossible to know as CCP no longer is as open on these matters as in the past.

But it still focuses on just a subset of botting, the individual segment of botting. Ignoring the organised forms of botting.