Rakovene & Tallasonite still available in HiSec?

There’s nothing really in common with your comparison.

Botting was one of the top problems according to a survey of the players. And the market changes were a significant change to gameplay that players didn’t just circumvent with alts.

I didn’t really understand any of that. But that’s OK; it’s not really a criticism (of you at least).

I was merely making the point that the same mechanism for boycotting/ choosing trades works (or would have worked) at several levels. It may not have been practical, and it may still not be, but it still annoys me that in this sandbox I don’t have the choice. And that’s it. It is no more profound than that.

Well that was reliable then as most players wouldn’t recognise a bot if they saw one and the mining in this game doesn’t actually require much input from the players doing the mining.

REALLY??

That just got me scrabbling thro the Resource Processing skills tabs. I completely missed that in the release notes (assuming they were in there?).

EDIT: it is quite a high entry level to be able to train these skills, but I do have all the pre-requisites on my main processing alt; just got to find the skill books now and nail down whether it would be worth it, based on (any) HS sources for this ore

I would imagine being able to see who you were buying from or selling to would cause even more cliquish behaviour and be a field day for bots

1 Like

The cliquish part is precisely the point. I want to form my clique based on “acceptable” people. Including people, as @Daichi_Yamato points out, who will easily be able to disguise the fact they are 1 (preferably 2) degrees of separation away from those I consider “beneath the salt”.

The botting part I wouldn’t know. Altho, given that previous botting was based on getting the lowest sell price, wouldn’t this mechanism circumvent that? Sure, you could bot on selling only at round numbers, but my buying behavior would also be driven by seller identity, not just price. So how would you bot that? (Just asking.)

Which creates cartels and is bad for free trade. Makes it VERY easy to set up false shortages or control a market.

Not to mention just… “acceptable people”

I get the way you are using that phrase, but its just a bit… creepy is all.

Gonna guess set a command that always buys or sells to someone with a particular notifiuer, name, reference code in corp ID, or something.

Just figure the more data points you add, the easier it is for a bot to swim between em, and hard for a person to identify the bot.

In short: if you have only one data point, spotting the bot changing its price is very easy to spot.

1 Like

OK. I will pay that. As a sole trader (sole everything for that matter) I don’t have the footprint on volumes. However, your inference that I would also want to be able to control who I sell to, is correct. And the point of a route from there to cartel behavior is well made.

Made me laugh. The irony was I initially found it a “tad creepy” that I could be buying replacement stock from the ganker who took it from me in first place. And had no mechanism to counter that. The fact it would be easy to circumvent is not the point. This is not about being rational. It’s emotional!

Ha! That pretty much describes how I imagined personally using such a system to pick and choose trades - manually. Ah well. I just get to bottle up my emotions and “harden up”. Isn’t that the response de jour?

I dunno what you mean.

Im just saying that if there was a system to allow buying and selling to specific people (other than Contracts, which still work great for that), then it just means people would start selling their gear to firendlies at market and shut off competition to others.

Its bad enough that the New Player Systems have vastly inflated prices and massively lack basics.

This wouldnt be a problem if new players were encouraged to go further, but theres nothing that tells them how to actually operate the market in the first place.

Dont get me wrong, Id love to buy Mike’s spare clothes, and random corpses from CODE. folk to dress them up in, but unfortunately, it would be very gameable in a market-damaging way.

In my opinion only.

Wasn’t a criticism. Wasn’t really directed at you at all in fact. I agreed with all your points.

I was merely philosophizing that my idea wouldn’t work, for practical/ rational reasons, even tho my visceral/ emotional response of disliking the lack of choice, remains.

1 Like

Ah got you!

I think I share your emotional liking of the idea, but also the realisation that I dont want to have to beg for the right to buy something off some dude lol.

1 Like

Just tested the implications of this. My previous reprocessing yield for these ores has now dropped about 10%.

I was processing rakovene during the last few days but had toyed with stockpiling a volume of talassonite, just to get the increased tritanium after the changes. Glad I just processed most of it at the last moment instead.

Because that would in fact remove the PVP aspect of it. Market PVP happens between traders, not between a trader and a client. At least that’s how it still is for now.

It is not practical, and most of the names on the market won’t tell you anything. Most are alts, as you know. If you are okay with buying from an alt of a person you wouldn’t buy from if they traded on their main, then that defeats your own rationale for wanting this feature. Most of the trader names on the market have no meaning, and most of the characters in the game also have no meaning in this context. So you would still be buying from a random guy, just like you are now.

We already have enough Hypernet spam in the game as it is. If people could pick and choose from who to buy, EVE would become a game of advertising and of who gets to win the local spam game. It would be unbearable.

By the way, I used to think the same way, that it would be a good thing if you could pick who to buy from. That was in my first months in EVE, and before I started trading myself.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. It might be tokenism from your perspective, for me to accept so little, but it would still be “real” to me, for all that.

If you wanted it to mean something, then you could also place limits on trader alts so that they would effectively have to be omega. Thereby increasing the inconvenience/ competitive aspect. (Not that I am advocating that.)

As opposed to what? … the currently anonymous actions of player-advertised pirate groups, who also advertise their actions for the purposes of recruiting, but who then hide the proceeds of their nefarious acts via a non-player-dictated trading system?

Exactly.

One day later … visited three Fortress systems plus one Trig minor victory.

Fortress systems still appear real, in sense of having cyno jammers plus system bonuses, including 10% boost to mining. Unlike yesterday, one of these systems even had a single Edencom Staging system. But still no ore.

I got into the Trig system and docked in station. There were none of the new skill books for trig ores on the local market. There was a single trig combat site of each of two types, but these were guarded gates, so I wasn’t able to see if they had ore. I did try and see if any of the local agensts might do something useful, but it wasn’t obvious.

Markets now have listings for three varieties of each ore eg abyssal and hadal tallasonite, as well as the plain version, but I am no further forward as to where they are.

It was clear to me they will change ALL ores, but not already refined minerals. That is why I refined EVERYTHING.

On the subject of Talassonite, has anyone found a skillbook for Talassonite reprocessing yet?

They are available in the LP stores in Trigsec.

1 Like

Ah i see thanks.

Anyone have any spare?