RAM - 16, 32 or 64GB for EVE Online

Hi guys, I want to run Eve Online with max graphics on my laptop. I will be running one character at a time but multitasking with youtube, netflix etc… Will my game run better with 16Gb, 32Gb or 64Gb?

Current setup:
Dell G5 15inch.
Gtx 1660ti graphics
16 Gb RAM

I did a search and did not find an answer.

Thanks guys

You mean GB I hope.

16GB is more than enough for a single Eve client and some other normal things. Even a couple Eve clients.

2 Likes

Yes, GB, i made the correction. Thank you.

yep, I’ve been running 3 clients with high settings and several things in the background on 16GB.

2 Likes

On my 10-year old I6 PC with 8 Gb I can run 1 client with high graphics, 2 with medium graphics and 3 (just) with low graphics. This is under Linux.

2 Likes

This is more than enough for 2-3 clients, EVE is a pretty low resource game.

2 Likes

I just replaced my 8 Gb with 16 Gb. It doesn’t seem to make much difference, apart from the fact that I don’t have to terminate everything else (to free-up memory) in order to get the 3rd client running without ‘thrashing’ VM.

Can you run 2 clients directly on Wine on linux or do you need separate virtual (Windows) machines?

Run them directly, no need for separate virtual Windows.

1 Like

Well, you are kinda encouraged to run several OMEGA accounts simultaneously, the launcher provides some options.
But you must not run an ALPHA account parallely to any other account (no matter if Alpha or Omega) due to the EULA.

2 Likes

Thanx I know, just want to know how to dual box my 2 Omega accounts on my new Ubuntu machine I just build. With Nvidia GPU to keep things easy of course.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.