Ram and CPU usage

(Gunner Khamez) #1

For a while now , perhaps since the march update Eve clients have been hugging up way too much pc resources. from yesterdays session task manager showed CPU total was jumping between 60 to 100% before the update after launching clients it settled down to 40-50% each client eat up 500-700MB of ram after logging in and undocking all my toons and about 10 min idling in space … used to settle to 150-250MB per client in that time …

not to mention occasional black screens /client deaths after picking character or after undocking …
also pc keeps freezing randomly for 2-10 sec then working fine till the next random freeze… while launching the clients the launcher failed to work couple times too .

took me around 20 min to launch and undock my toons including 1 reboot i had to make cos the pc apparently ran out of ram to even play music on winamp

used to get my toons logged in and out to space in about 2 minutes before … and while idling in station i could effortlessly play battlefield on high settings with 0 lag …

anyone else having issues like this ?

(Kristonia Martin) #2

I havent seen this much pain, but last night i had issues with the whole client locking solid for 15 seconds before it all came back.

Im going to flush cache and monitor tonight and see.

(Arthur Aihaken) #3

EVE has really become a resource hog of late.

(Dravick Afterthought) #4

I’m new to eve, and have seen this lock-up once or twice a day since I first started. It even manages to lock-up Linux Mint entirely (including the task-bar, something I haven’t seen any other software achieve).
I’d put it down to running on Wine on an old PC, but perhaps that’s not the cause after all.

(Arthur Aihaken) #5

There are serious issues with EVE under wine (at least on OSX). There are quite a few memory leaks that lead to frequent and unexpected crashes.

(Dark Engraver) #6

Yes I’ve noticed performance issues aswel for some odd reason my fps tends to drop like a brick if running multiple clients and at least one is docked if all umdocked it runs better.I’ve actually gotten similar 15 sec or more

(Algarion Getz) #7

Yes, i have this issue! The CPU usuage is 2-5 times higher!
I didnt even notice it on my desktop PC because i have good cooling, but on my laptop the fans are running and full speed when i run 2 EVE clients at minimum settings. CPU usage is over 60% with only 2 clients!

Before i was able to run 4 clients on that same laptop and CPU usage was rarely above 30% …
Fix your game CCP.

(Algarion Getz) #8

28% CPU usage on the character selection screen @ minimum settings. WTF have you done to the game …

(Nanako Chosokabe) #9

I have an old 2600k CPU with 16GB of RAM…and run 5 characters at the same time with zero issues.

Fresh install and new mid range HD.

(Gunner Khamez) #10

3 weeks … still same issues … upto 7 characters its fine … after that it gets laggy … used to run 18 at the same time as smooth as it plays 7 now …

(system) #11

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.