Rattlesnake vs Raven Navy Issue for speedrunning Lv4 missions

I’m finally ready to move up from the Praxis into something faster for mission running. I’ve got level 4 on all missile and ship related skills, plus level 5 in the magic 14. I have level 5 in most drone skills, except 4 in Sentry, Heavy Drones, and Drone Interfacing. Looking at these two builds, both do similar DPS on paper. the Rattlesnake does more, but is very dependent on drones. In Practice, which of these ships would be better for speeding through Lv4 missions? There are so many ways to fit the Rattlesnake, but I tried to fit each with a similar mission play style in mind. Thoughts?

[Raven Navy Issue, RNI_Passive]
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II
Republic Fleet Ballistic Control System

Large Micro Jump Drive
500MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Missile Guidance Computer II
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

'Arbalest' Cruise Launcher I

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Hammerhead II x5

Targeting Range Script x1
Missile Precision Script x4
Inferno Cruise Missile x1104

FIT2

[Rattlesnake, Passive_Rattle]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

Large Micro Jump Drive
500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Sensor Booster II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Sentry Damage Augmentor I
Large Drone Scope Chip I

Ogre I x2
Warden I x2

Inferno Cruise Missile x184
Optimal Range Script x4

Consider the Typhoon

I would, except that’s 6 days of skills I don’t have. I’ve seen that the Typhoon fleet issue is good. Is it good enough to get the ship skills for it?

Probably yes. But only you can answer that.

You trained warp drive operation to five, so…

heh, guess I should count again. I don’t actually have all 14 at level 5. The Targeting and Navigation section is only level 4.

rattle is easier, because you can drop sentries and shoot small fries. Also better tank.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll see how the test server works and try them all out there

This … rattle is the pve King and Dominix is the prince. if y have 2 accounts both are amazing, as y can fit all Dominix high slots with shield/armor/ cap … even if some pvper try to bait y y can put a hell of a fight with a domi and a rattle. Domi cap stable with two remote repper OR 2 own rep.

i can show you a TFI fit that is not very expensive, easy to skill into and will work circles around the rattlesnake. the tfi fit is also called lawnmower… but it does require really good manually piloting skills due to no shield/armor on it.

That’s why they rattle/Domi are the royal … They don’t require being an ace to use them. rattle is expensive, but Domi is pretty cheap and effective, and also can be fitted with PvP modules to take baiters on hisec. Both very easy to master

There is a dedicated standing booster service, you should find them in this forum. Those guys run alot of lvl4 missions for you.
Tjese guys recommend the Typhoon Fleet as the ultimate blitzing ship. They claim its even better than the Machariel, the old king of blitzing.
I personally would trust the guys that blitz lvl4 missions for a living and copy the TFI they use.

If you wanna use Rattle/Raven Navy you should also check the Scorpion Navy. It can be super tanky and deal a ton of dmg.

Discussion of their fits is actually on reddit, though it could also be around here somewhere. Actual fits are on their own website.

Thanks, I’ve seen those fits. I’m not a big fan of the RHML. Might be worth another look though.

This isn’t bad certainly. Showing 765 DPS with no skills in Minmatar BS and Meta RHML.
[Typhoon Fleet Issue, *L4 Budget UltraBlitzer™️ V1.3]
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II

500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Booster II
Cap Recharger II

‘Arbalest’ Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher I
Drone Link Augmentor II
Auto Targeting System I

Large Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Large Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Caldari Navy Hornet x10
Caldari Navy Vespa x10
Caldari Navy Wasp x2

Inferno Heavy Missile x2144
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Heavy Missile x19820
Missile Precision Script x4
Expanded Cargohold II x7

that TFI strat looks interesting, I have some doubts about it but if they have the data it’s hard to argue. Warp speed, missile travel time, rhml reload, volley counting, and drone travel time all bother me, in regards to speed, but the pure damage types and application look like huge positives though.

I suppose for general mission blitzing it might work better? At this point I’m so entrenched in cherry picked blitzing that the mach warp speed is such an advantage that combat stats barely matter.

RHML are great, they have better damage application than cruise and torps, cost around the same in terms of ammo, and alphas can skill into t2 (also you don’t have to skill into cruises or torps anyway if you are omega).

Typhoon Fleet Issue is the king of blitzing.

I already have level 4 in cruise. not a big deal, I was eventually going into T2 Heavy anyway for the T2/T3 cruisers maybe. I ran a RHML on the Praxis for a short bit. I was much less skilled then though. I have Minmatar BS training now. I’ll at least see what it looks like now.

Thanks all.

I wonder whether those guys have taken warp time into account. The warping bonus of Machariel is nerfed anyway lol (though still faster than before), but it may be better to fit some warp-speed rigs.

Are you referring to the USIA and the TFI?