L4 Raven options

I know there are other option like marauders or rattlesnakes out there for doing level 4 missions but at the moment I am using a Raven. I use this on 2 characters in order to do the sites together and they have done every site i’ve come across so far, although tank can sometimes be a weakpoint (I guess highlighted more since the resistances changes to shield hardeners etc). Not really blitzing them as I like to clear up my junk so salvage them too.

My fit is below, mostly against Sansha and Gurista Rats but when different I swap out the hardeners, missile types and drones to match the damage i need to do. I am just trying to fine tune the fit a little. Need to save for the rattlesnake as well as a bit of training for my alt.

Things I have considered…

• remove 1 BCS and add a missile guidance enhancer, although this drops the DPS
  • remove 2 BCS and add a a missile guidance enhancer and a F-89 Compact Signal Amp, again DPS drop
  • remove 1 BCS and the DC and add a a missile guidance enhancer and a F-89 Compact Signal Amp, again DPS drop and EHP drop
  • change the Cap Booster to a large cap battery so increases cap from 2m 15s to 3m25s

not really sure what to do, having 4 BCS seems a waste with the stacking but not sure if the Enhancer is a better option over the F-89 (or indeed something else). Do I need the shield booster at all, perhaps LSEs to replace the Booster and Cap booster? (this will put my EHP to 79.5k from about 57k)

Raven

[Raven, Raven]
Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II

X-Large Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster
Heavy Capacitor Booster II
Thermal Shield Amplifier II
EM Shield Amplifier II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Large Micro Jump Drive

‘Arbalest’ Cruise Launcher I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Salvage Drone I x5
Acolyte II x5

Targeting Range Script x1
Mjolnir Cruise Missile x4144
Cap Booster 800 x5

With cruise missiles you will want to have “some” application mods in your fit to deal with things smaller than enemy battleships/battlecruisers.

Alternatively You may want to try rapid heavies, but these will require you to get closer in. Personally I’d drop the cap booster, and cap rigs, and swapped shield booster for a pair of ancillary shield boosters - toggle the autorepeat off, and manually ping them to keep your shields topped, use second one while first one reloads. You may also want to try to get in another prop mode outside of MJD.

I’d definitelly swap one of BCS’s for guidance enhancer tho. Could consider swapping damage control for another guidance enhancer as well.

1 Like

Thanks, ill look into the ancils they may work. for now ive swapped 1 BCS for a Guidance Enhancer, I amy look at another prop mod although ive found the MJD to be sufficient for my needs so far.

This is the ship I use, which I think I had something different than the Sig Amp. I haven’t had a chance to really mess with it since the nerfs to the resist mods.

Rayven

Raven, Rayven]
Damage Control II
Signal Amplifier II

Gist C-Type Large Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Cap Recharger II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Cap Recharger II
Target Painter II

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Interesting, I haven’t seen a BB fit with “only” large Shield booster in it. How is the cap with this fit? how does it roll with no prop mods?

EDIT:

The point of other prop mods is to shorten the travel time between gates in some missions. MJD is nice for keeping distance, but needs lengthy triangle jumps when the distance between you and next accel gate is shorter than 100km. It ain’t requirement per say, but once you get into efficiency aspect of the L4 runs the travel time between gates will start becoming an issue

I use a prop mod very rarely… i slow boat out to the long missions while i’m killing rats. cap is stable. 6875.0 GJ / 469.20 s Δ 3.1 GJ/s (8.5%)

926.5 dps w/o drones
50,962 EHP

Interesting. And how much DPS of tank?

That micro jump drive is a waste. But a boost amplifier in and solve your tank issue.

Dunno, ive used the MJD several times to get me out of high DPS in order to pick off at range

1 Like

This worked well for me as an omni fit. Sometimes had AB, sometimes MJD. Did manage once out of curiousity to do Gallente epic with it, but there were a LOT of warp-outs, so seemed happiest doing generic lvl-4’s.

(ps-edit. did have a gist-c booster in it for a bit which not only made it stable, but pushed the reps into the 400s, but also doubled the cost…)

[Raven, active]

Power Diagnostic System II
Signal Amplifier II

Large Micro Jump Drive
X-Large C5-L Compact Shield Booster
Shield Boost Amplifier II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet II x5
Salvage Drone I x5

Scourge Precision Cruise Missile x500
Scourge Auto-Targeting Cruise Missile I x500
Scourge Cruise Missile x2500
Mobile Tractor Unit x1

2 Likes

Since you are dual boxing, have you considered dropping the drone range augment for a remote shield booster? My spouse and I do L4s together with a pair of Ravens and just switched over to remote shield boosts and light drones instead of local shield boosts and sentries, freeing up mid slots for missile guidance buffs (precision or range scrips, depending on the situation). Since the light drones are just for frigate cleanup, and frigates do minimal damage, it doesn’t hurt to have the frigates get that extra 20km closer before engaging them. You could also consider shield maintenance bots if you don’t have a lot of frigates to worry about - 5 light shield bots heal 13.8 dps at Repair Drone Ops 3, or 14.4 at 4.

Raven fit

[Raven, Raven High Range]

Damage Control II
F-89 Compact Signal Amplifier

Large Micro Jump Drive
500MN Microwarpdrive II
Large Shield Extender II
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Range Script
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster, Targeting Range Script

‘Arbalest’ Cruise Launcher I, Caldari Navy Scourge Cruise Missile
Medium Remote Shield Booster II

Large Warhead Flare Catalyst I
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst I

Hornet I x5
Light Shield Maintenance Bot I x5
Salvage Drone I x5

Caldari Navy Scourge Cruise Missile x2500

It isn’t perfect - but you might see some things that give you ideas. Also, if you know your mission will have few frigates but a lot of incoming DPS, you can swap the light combat and shield drones for medium shield drones to double the reps.

Edit: you can also go the route of replacing one MGC with another Shield Extender - it’s a loss of about 40km range for an extra 7k EHP.

A Raven is capable of facetanking basically any level 4 with decent shield skills and care not to aggro more than one group at a time. You should be able to just approach the next gate and work your way through the room.

Added benefit, if you come back to salvage you haven’t streamed the wrecks out over 300km of the grid.

thanks @Mkikaden_Tiragen i had not through of that and your idea is valid, ive lost a few drones trying to take out frigates from far away.

Most of the time i can to that @Brun_Warbear it was trying to tweak the fit a little. it is a capable ship.

After tinkering yesterday this is the fit that I am using at the moment. It is a lot better than before, applies damage better and much better tank. and is cap stable. The only change I am thinking of making is putting a Large Remote Shield Booster II in place of the Drone Link Augmentor I

This will reduce cap from stable to 2m40s

Raven mk2

[Raven, Raven]
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Kinetic Shield Amplifier II
Thermal Shield Amplifier II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor I

Hornet II x3
Salvage Drone I x5

Scourge Cruise Missile x2017

Listen to the guys giving you fits with Rigor rigs. You absolutely need those for damage application.

1 Like

Yeah, already have rigors

Ravens suck massive cack but I’ll see what I can do…

[Raven, Raven]
Damage Control II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II

Dread Guristas X-Large Shield Booster
Gist C-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II
Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II

https://evepraisal.com/a/uuxa6

Dont forget the drones

You want 2 Riggors and a Flair Rig and maybe drop the MJD for a Target painter or a grappler.

You face a ton of frigs and cruisers and with out some mods to apply dps you are going to fire so many more missiles than needed to kill them.

Its not a Raven but the Typhoon is a better cruise missile boat and is likely the better choice if you can fly it.

1 Like

Typhoon is better yes but the grappler would be next to useless. If you prioritize frigates and smaller targets at range you should be able to dispatch them before they get to close.