[RAZSU] Zaibatsu Associated News Institute hub

Interview: Lauralite Delilah Brezia on the Lirsuatton VI humanitarian effort

Nannaras X

October 23rd YC 120

Originally scheduled on October the 20th, ZANIE Invited the Capsuleer Lauralite Delilah Brezia of the UNF-A, the organization behind the humanitarian effort on Lirsuatton VI. This interview was published for the local population of Hoiyori to view, but was withheld from being published to the wider public (IGS Thread) until after the talks to purchase the Lirsuatton VI groundbase by Lucrative Excavations concluded.

We go now to a transcript of that interview

[THIS INTERVIEW WAS DONE ON THE 20TH OF OCTOBER - YC 120]

[Hoovand]
"Tonight, we have another guest in the studio. In studio - to talk about the humanitarian efforts on Lirusatton VI - Colonial Director of the United Neopian Federation, Lauralite Brezia. Lauralite, how are you?"

[Lauralite]
"Thank you, I’m glad to be here. I’m doing quite well."

[Hoovand]
"Excellent - Now i like to start off by asking if you could tell us about the UNF. To inform any readers unaware of the identity of your people"

[Lauralite]
"Ah, you may wish to be a bit more specific, capsuleer, or baseliner?"

[Hoovand]
"Give how i didn’t realize there was a difference, how about both?"

[Lauralite]
"It’s quite alright Mr. Lindus, it’s a common detail overlooked. Hm… I suppose I should start with the baseliner, as its the reason the capsuleer alliance even has the name. The United Neopian Federation, is first and foremost, a baseliner entity. It’s the space borne governing body of my homeworld, quite a ways removed from here."

[Hoovand]
"So where do Capsuleers come into the equation?”

[Lauralite]
"Capsuleers were, interestingly enough, some of the first to recognize my home and people as a distinct political entity, and some chose to sponsor me, and a handful of others initially, to become capsuleers alongside them. From there, a fair number have continued to act as friends and associates to my people, and eventually created their capsuleer alliance using the same name to distinguish such."

[Hoovand]
"So, if I’m understanding this right - You’re a native of this "Neopian" and you’re people were encountered by Capsuleers. And, instead of just wiping out out of existence for the hell of it…They adopted your people in away?"

[Lauralite]
"‘Neopia,’ Mr. Lindus, and capsuleers really only started encountering and paying us much mind in the past three years. We first ran into the Interbus corporation and the Thukker some years ago. It was an… interesting encounter, from what I’ve been told."

[Hoovand]
"Before i go on, apologizes for getting your homeworld wrong, but moving on - When you say "From what I’ve been told" are you saying these encounters happened before your time?”

[Lauralite]
"No, I simply wasn’t there when it happened. I apologize for the confusion."

[Hoovand]
"Allow me to move us along then - Lirsuatton VI. Why is the UNF on the planet?"

[Lauralite]
"Simple humanitarianism. When the news article broke, a decision was made, primarily on the capsuleer side of the UNF, to go and prepare some aid supplies to be distributed, and medical personnel allocated. The baseliner side of UNF chose to go along with, and authorized baseliners in the UNF with medical and emergency response training to be brought there. The astrahus, to tell you the truth was a bit of an afterthought, though a large afterthought at that."

[Hoovand]
"Certainly large enough to gain the ire of the Sang Do caste. Care to go into details about what the UNF is currently doing in light of the ultimatum laid out by them?"

[Lauralite]
"From what we can tell, the astrahus is not the main cause for their ultimatum, but it was instead the deployment of the groundhub, which was our primary planetside staging for supplies and personnel. As their ultimatum specifically mentions ground operations. The groundhub itself complied with the only stipulation the Sang Do had for planetary infrastructure, that it be a fair distance away from any exile settlements, but he UNF, despite disagreeing with the ultimatum itself, respects the sovereignty of the Jin-Mei, and the Sang-Do, by extension. We’ve been, over the interim, making preparations to leave planetside operation, as much as it pains me, and others to do so, selling off the groundhub, and transferring our now rather extensive stockpile of aid supplies to the Aidonis Foundation."

[Hoovand]
"Selling the facility? So they don’t want you dismantling it? Only to unoccupy it?"

[Lauralite]
"We were informed only to cease operations and pull from the surface, no specific instructions otherwise were given. We’ve continued treating individuals through the duration of the ultimatum while slowly pulling out."

[Hoovand]
"So at this point you’re just riding out the clock?"

[Lauralite]
"Unfortunately, yes. We’ve made repeated attempts to reach out to the Sang-Do caste privately over the past two weeks, but they’ve all been met with silence. Most recently, we’ve attempted a public call to the Sang-Do to allow humanitarian efforts to continue."

[Hoovand]
"Do you think any less of the Sang Do caste for such resistance against your efforts to help these people?"

[Lauralite]
"I can’t say that I do, no. The Jin-Mei as a whole are a people steeped in their traditions and beliefs, and while I may disagree with the Sang-Do, and how they’ve acted thus far, the Lirsautton system is THEIR sovereign ground. Their home system, and the UNF, at the very least to them, is not just a capsuleer entity interfering, but a foreign entity interfering as well. With how quickly we mobilized to respond, to an exile world in their home system no less, and adding in the other outspoken group… assisting while it could, then it’s truly a wonder they haven’t been more drastic in their own response."

[Hoovand]
"So you’d say their cold reaction to your actions isn’t worst case scenario - far from it in fact"

[Lauralite]
"Indeed, I’d even go so far to say that a two week span to remove assets from planetside instead of immediate cease and desist was even generous."

[Hoovand]
"In the time you’ve been present planetside on Lirusatton VI, have you witnessed anything that’s moved you…emotionally?”

[Lauralite]
"The few times I was able to go planetside, I’d say that yes. These exiles, many have been there for decades, with little I’ve not interacted with any directly, but watching them interact with each other, they’ve banded together to make the most of their misfortunes, and most have done nothing but be cooperative with UNF’s groundside aid staff. They truly seem to have accepted whatever wrongs they may have committed in the past."

[Hoovand]
"Do you have any kind of story to share from what you’ve seen?"

[Lauralite]
"Hm… well, one does come to mind. I never learned their names, but a group of three came in, they were among the first patients to come through. Two men, and a woman. One of the men was quite advanced in age, it was clear he’d seen much in his time, and the other two were roughly into their early thirties if I were to guess correctly. It was clear they had no familial relation, but the older treated both almost like a father would his children, smiling and trying to make light of things, even as he had to be supported by the other gentleman. A family of circumstance, but a family nonetheless."

[Hoovand]
"Fascinating…Now we’re getting to the point where we’re out of time, i thank you for coming here and i’d like to open the floor to you to make any last statement. Anything you want to say that we didn’t get to cover."

[Lauralite]
"I would like to thank all those who have contributed to the humanitarian efforts thus far, and I truly would like to thank you for inviting me here Mr. Lindus."

[Hoovand]
“Not a problem, have a safe trip home”

[Authorization of release of this interview]

5 Likes