Re-Elect Jin'taan in CSM 13

Rather than do much in the way of making promises, I would like to instead point to what I have achieved of my goals as set out in the previous election, as quoted from my CSM 12 campaign post here

What Are My Goals?

My goals are – probably to no surprise to those who know me – nothing to do with specific changes. I don’t see that as a major part of the duties of the CSM, and I’ve attempted to correct that belief where I can. It is in my view, the job of the CSM to first and foremost investigate what the fundamental problems are, then to present this to CCP.

But, what I wish to do within my second term is much the same as I have already done;

• Promote iteration on stagnant features
  • Provide consistent, neutral communication & transparency from the CSM
  • Ensure that as many points of view are brought to the table in discussions
  • Argue for an increase in balancing velocity
  • Continue to drive the CSM-CCP relationship in a positive direction

And, if you vote for me, these are the things I will continue to work on.

I think if you compare our position in these areas since I was elected, in 2017 and now, have markedly improved. The CSM is more communicative, transparent and effective in helping represent the players’ best interests than ever before. We have worked at a very high level with CCP to help support some of their latest iterations to Jump Fatigue, Sov Warfare and other key areas of the game that were causing stagnation in Nullsec. Beyond that we have been able to drive an increase in the velocity of banning through some vigorous campaigning on the topic - with my article “Balance is not Optional” playing a part in that, as well as helping to advise and work with the community to help drive a fix to Ghost Training earlier in the year. Working to bring issues like this that the community feels strongly about is something I’m passionate about continuing to do if I’m re-elected.

I will not be continuing the more administrative functions of writing fortnightly updates or the attendance sheet in my next term, as I have less time to offer for these as before. If anyone in CSM 13 would like to take over these roles, I’d be delighted to help support them. However, I would like to do more of the public roundtables I’ve been doing recently, I find they’re making amazing conversation starters on topics I don’t feel get enough attention from the community, and are a great place for the CSM to find out about those little tweaks that can really solve a QoL issue - a notable one here being WCS’ in Faction Warfare.

Beyond that however, I would like to simply be the same thing I’ve always offered to you guys - a voice of reason and an advocate for the community to CCP. Someone easy to find and talk to, and willing to listen to (and pass on) any solid points you guys are able to bring up in the most effective possible way.

Contact Me

@JintaanEVE on Twitter
@jintaan on Tweetfleet Slack
Jin’taan#9801 on Discord
jintaaneve@gmail.com is my email
/u/jintaan on Reddit

23 Likes

Jin’taan has proven again and again to be a solid pick for CSM, if only for anchoring the CSM and its activities to the community. Also, as a fan of Homeworld and other desert-themed sci-fi universes, I am biased towards anyone with extraneous apostrophes in their name.

+31 support

3 Likes

Definitely worth voting for.

Jin-taan!

I like you.

You have my vote.

I shall direct you to Suitonia’s campaign post for my splurge of FW complaints.

Even though Jin has questionable fashion sense, he has proven time and time again that he is a positive force within the CSM. He’ll be on my ballot.

2 Likes

+1 for Jin’taan. Was on my ballot last year, will definitely be on for this year!

While I may not always agree with his conclusions, Jin’taan has always been the best recent member of the CSM to reach out to all the different styles of EVE players and ask them for their opinions. That alone should place him on everyone’s ballot. I hope he will be able to influence another CSM member to pick up and continue his outreach and informative postings.

1 Like

Does “stagnant features” include FW or will you only focus on null and sovwarefare? What are your thoughts about us FW bros and will you do anything for us?

I’ve been on two Faction Warfare roundtables and brought a lot of the opinions of the FW community to CCP, particularly in the first summit of CSM 12. Here’s a link to the recording of one of the roundtables

I’d also like to add your continual presence and dialog here on the forums. That has not gone unnoticed and is greatly appreciated.

Got my vote.

1 Like

I do not understand how you can vote for this body. Man, you are not a leader. You’re not the head of a big family. You’re not an alliance manager. You do not understand what is responsible for thousands of people. Your fault is that many people have lost everything that they have been saving for many years. Your fault is that many people lost their home. But the main thing is that you killed the Dream. The dream of that part of EVE’s players who did not want to live by wolf laws of claim-zeros, imperial off-wars and all that. You do not deserve the right to be a leader at all, and even more so - to be elected in these elections. Yulai and Rezeda Regnum were better than you. Those guys who stayed in Providence and guerrilla there for three months - they were better than you. But … not you

Yup. I singlehandedly killed Providence all by myself by leaving. Can confirm. Definitely didn’t put in any work to help keep it afloat before that either. Just decided to set fire to the place on my way out.

[/sarcasm]

Jin didn’t kill Providence; from what I hear, he was doing more than his share of trying to save it beyond the level of leadership he was granted. It’s within everyone’s right to move on throughout their EVE careers.

Furthermore, it’s also kind of irrelevant. Jin has proven a good record as a CSM. I don’t care that he’s not a major alliance figure–if anything, that’s a good thing. I’m voting for a CSM member, not a bloc lobbyist. Vote for your space honor if you want, vote for your Provibloc interests; I’ll vote for what’s good for the game.

2 Likes

Nobody should vote him, because without being CSM he will have more time to make videos for his youtube channel about EVE online history, educational content and whatnot. :stuck_out_tongue:

j/k

Thank you all for your kind words, I appreciate them all! I’m finally back from my exam-enforced period of being basically dead to the world, so if you have any questions, throw them at me.

Jin’taan I do not understand the higher politics, but I remember the moment when we all saw that you were packing the freight for moving to low-sec. It was the very moment when everyone realized that the CVA had abandoned us

• List item

I never actually moved my stuff out when I left (hell my Dreads were still there until they asset safetied as ) I actually go but prepping a retreat to lowsec was 100% the correct call given the situation - Letting people get their stuff out rather than having it be trapped in space we couldn’t hold isn’t abandoning people, it’s looking after the line member’s best interests.

Still, I would completely understand people not voting for me because of that. I hope you find and vote for one of the other options available in this election though!

1 Like

okay Jin… the first post here I wrote in a strong emotional state … now I’m calm, so … I’ll tell you so - if you’re a Leader, you can do a lot of good things and people will follow you again.
Maybe, both me and my people will once again find their home under the sky of Providence

Good luck

1 Like

Well, I voted for you just because you’ve showed some interest in what the player base wanted.

2 Likes

Thanks! I really hope to do more round tables and other community outreach this year, it’s been super effective. Even got CCP Falcon into the Wardeccing roundtable group to talk some things over with the people involved there recently. I think it’s a key job of the CSM to help create those connections for both CCP and the playerbase.

2 Likes