Re-named: I lost my Azbel with my entire life’s work in the 2 weeks between logging in

So what if a war had been delcared on your station while you were away?

Asset safety.

1 Like

The only thing that needs to be burned is the woodwork the current batch of thread starters have crawled out from under.

Which is another matter entirely.

Ehhh I dont have a horse in this race, I just dont have sympathy for anyone, really.

1 Like

2 Likes

It was announced a month before the actual changes. And you had at least a week after if your structure was already in low power. Not exactly a huge amount of time, but I don’t think it qualifies as “hardly any announcement time”

2 Likes

Didn’t really see any information when I logged in 2 weeks before my structure was blown up. Nothing on the launcher, nothing ingame.

1 Like

Fair. There was no noticeable RED ALERT banner of the changes for those who didn’t read the Dev Blog.

5 Likes

ccp should have given 1 or 2 months prior warning
thats a fact, besides that is good they let the vultures remove all that floating space trash

2 Likes

RED ALERT, REACT NOW OR LOSE EVERYTHING would have been helpfull yes.

3 Likes

There is NO question that CCP has failed to use the Launcher Window to highlight major changes/information links and, instead, tends to spam ISK and skin sales. Another case where CCP has a solution readily available or in game capability installed, but fails to recognize a future issue ( or underestimates player feedback).

Gaming equivalent of yanking your pension you had paid into and been promised. Usually legal, but…

9 Likes

If you have to ask yourself that you haven’t really learned much about EVE in all those years, which in turn explains a lot. You put up a sandcastle, fcked off going “eh who cares it’ll be fine”, you didn’t read any updates, you didn’t check anything.

Why do you think this pvp sandbox game owes you a safe citadel?

1 Like

Because I have been told that for a decade and did not risk it in any pvp. Why are logged out ships safe? Why is stuff in NPC-Stations safe? Why are plex in the plex vault safe? Why are isk in the wallet safe?
There are still plenty of perfectly safe spots to keep assets, they just randomly removed one with hardly any warning and those who didn’t move it one of the other safe spots were screwed.

3 Likes

Eve is a game focused on offering content to grievers, promoting dirty things such as spying, stealing and scamming. Deal with it or quit.

1 Like

And then, quite far upfront, you were told that would change. But you weren’t listening because you weren’t actually playing or paying attention. Just like how all the carebears never listen, learn or put in effort.

Deal with it, or don’t.

Again, I was playing, I didn’t see it on the launcher, I got no information ingame.

1 Like

wot?
didn’t understand bro, you have 60+ kills solo so you made some pvp , i was being on your side saying ccp drop the ball , a bigger time to adjust would be nice etc
but if you don’t take care of your space castle , i think its good it is gone
its kinda anti eve to have a 0 cost multi billion stuff floating in space an no one pew it …

You can’t even quote right.

There is still plently of safe ways to keep assets. They just randomly removed one.

I would have had no issue yolo-pvping with supers or a shitton of subcaps and losing it while having some fun. You grind mindnumbing pve and mining to have assets to risk in fun pvp.
I did all the mindnumbing grinding and then got it removed before beeing able to use it.

Accusing me of beeing a risk-adverse carebear is not really fitting. I don’t think this is a fair assesment of my playstyle:

1 Like

I agree 100% with the OP, and with Archer.

The OP played by the rules that were promised to him. Faulting him for not constantly keeping up with the potential for such a change, a change of the sort that we’ve never before seen in EVE, is downright asinine. That’s ■■■■■■■■ logic, and you people know it.

You also know me, and that I’m one of the biggest pro-PvP, ganking, piracy, etc. advocates around here. I too initially saw this from the perspective of “EVE is dangerous, deal with it,” but when I actually thought about it, I quickly realized that this change made no sense.

CCP ■■■■■■ up. I hope that the people affected by this get comped somehow.

Because quite literally that is what CCP explicitly promised when they created citadels.

17 Likes