Re-named: I lost my Azbel with my entire life’s work in the 2 weeks between logging in

Wow. That statement is going to have the internet trolls pouring into this topic.

And then that got changed, stated up front numerous times. Updates, launcher info and a zillion other things. You’d have to be real blind, real dumb or real zombie afk to not notice any of this.

Me personally I don’t own a citadel, use one or even hunt them. I didn’t actively play for a looong time and even I knew about it.

the problem is that the asset / stuff is floating in space …
people can approach the stuff , look at the stuff , people should be able to shot or take the stuff
but ccp gave you to little time to secure your stuff and imho thats the wrong part

edit:

never accused you of being a carebear i even said you have 60 solo kills and did pvp
and i fell you bro, I’m not taking your right to be sad about it, it kinda suck
i think ccp should have given you more time …
i like the removal of abandoned struts im principle

Sometimes, people are unable to notice announced changes, or react to them if they do. That’s why changes never retroactively apply to what happened before they went into effect. All prior changes had grandfather clauses built into them (such as SP reimbursement for removed skills, or not being retroactively banned for performing something that becomes an official exploit). Seriously, name one other change that caused players to lose their assets by inaction alone.

5 Likes

In general I don’t know if its a good idea to make stuff in citadels 100% droppable and in NPC-Stations 100% safe.

I don’t understand the reasoning and find it rather random. I would not however mind, if I had known, and just moved my ■■■■.

1 Like

yes… thats were i think ccp F up… with more time people like you would have secured their stuff better

1 Like

Every time CCP changes something that affects market supply or demand for stuff.

Those changes merely reduce the value, not completely REMOVE the value.

2 Likes

Good riddance

PS: I didn’t read the rest of your obvious whine.

1 Like

Exactly.

Furthermore, changes that result in being able to predict significant market volatility are rarely announced ahead of time, so you can’t preemptively get ready for them.

And many other changes that result in values for goods changing can’t be planned for anyway because it’s all speculative in nature. Meanwhile, this change resulted in direct asset loss.

So once again, name one other change that CCP has ever implemented that resulted in the loss of assets due to player inaction.

What he wrote didn’t feel like a whine to me, tbh.

4 Likes

That wasn’t what was asked so it doesn’t matter. You can’t keep adding exceptions whenever proof is given.

There are dockable stations for 17 years. You were not able to lose your items in any dockable station for 17 years. What is wrong with that statement?

1 Like

They are not citadels.

1 Like

Where did I say that there were?

You cannot misinterpret my statements any way you like and then call me a liar.

Well I guess you just did ^^

Nicolai is merely here to remove the whine from your otherwise decent description of what happened. Do not resist.

In fact, OP, you really ought to change the title of this thread - it is provoking a lot of good discussion, but this kind of rant tends to get closed by the forum moderators, especially when you call out CCP in the title.

1 Like

Resistance is futile

@ Nicolai Serkanner
If you want to be that picky an Abzbel isnt even a citadel or station. It is an engineering complex, which belongs to upwell structures.

Make a suggestion for the title. I chose it to have a lot of people read my story because I feel rather strongly in my disappointment and the feeling of betrayal.

1 Like

That’s EvE for ya brutal and unforgiving. If only you’d continued to sacrifice more of your life away to CCplz…
if only if only

It is a citadel. Thanks for proving you’re retarded indeed.

EDIT: It is a citadel because the Upwell structures were introduced as citadels and subsequently everybody calls all structures citadels. You will not tempt me to get into talking Andersen semantics crap.

1 Like