Re-named: I lost my Azbel with my entire life’s work in the 2 weeks between logging in

Like resetting everyone’s Project Discovery progress without notice?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t know enough about that to comment on it. I just know that it’s some kind of mini-game tacked on to EVE that can give in-game rewards.

But wouldn’t a reset of progress still not nullify rewards already collected?

1 Like

True. But your time investment is now moot.

It would be like having all of your industry and PI jobs reset, imho.

I wish that’s what they did to me ^^

Then it’s also an issue, if CCP didn’t provide a warning that allowed current players to “cash out” whatever progress they made at the time (or automatically cashed out for them after a deadline).

This appears to be a new trend by CCP, then.

I’m of the opinion that no asset of any type aside from PLEX in the PLEX vault (which they can’t legally delete without refunds) is safe going forward.

3 Likes

I lost all my Eve Assets in a Warehouse Fire.
MY Eve Had Asset Safety.
Help! Can Somebody Loan me 600 Billion Isk?

Be creative.

Must not really have cared all that much if you couldn’t be bothered to pay attention to fuel more than once a month? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

It should probably have a more serious tone.

Something like “lost my citadel with my entire life’s work while on hiatus between updates”.

1 Like

That implies that he didn’t care about the citadel and its modules, but not necessarily his assets stored inside. It sounds to me like he was more than prepared to lose the citadel itself, as a cost of doing business. However, he rightfully assumed that personal assets would go into asset safety, as implemented by CCP.

6 Likes

Why would you keep all your assets in a player owned structure in Hisec when there was a NPC station in the same system?

If NPC’s had blown up your structure without any players being present because you admitted you ran out of fuel, would this make it ok completely? NPC rats have been known to do this.

Third you admitted you waited 18 days between loggins, exactly how “secure” do you think your goods were in 18 days? A war could of come, gone, and done a full cycle of timers.

To put it simple you are mad about no asset safety in Hisec, this is your only point because there is no other point to be made.

1 Like

That PD change was first mentioned a month ago, but most importantly, CCP said they would release more details and information when and what would happen at a later date.

The next information we have in on the Devs’ patch note thread the day it was implemented. Now that is screwed up.

2 Likes

Yes. That would be totally fine. A 8-12b structure is hardly an issue compared to 600b of BPO’s that were additionally fully researched (so they were worth and incured costs of much more than 600b)

Yes you are completly correct. I placed a structure and I am fine with losing it. My only (and quite enormous) grudge is about asset safety beeing removed for a corner case that fit me perfectly.
Any other time in the last 2 years, the structure would have been fueled. A lot of that timespan we didn’t even have highsec wars. If people destroyed other citadels first before coming for mine, I would have seen the change in time. If i had come online 2 days earlier, I could have saved everything. If my last login was 1 week later, I would have seen the notification and saved everything. If i had parked my stuff in the NPC-Station in the same system, everything would be safe. (I didn’t even use most of the Blueprints, it was mainly my stash). If CCP announced this earlier or on the launcher 2 weeks ago, I would have moved my stuff. I rolled a 1 out of 6 with all dice at the same time and lost everything.

1 Like

Petition CCP and never petition CCP for small things because if you are going to ask for something back never ask for something back thats small.

1 Like

I’m starting to genuinely think that this was 100% intentional on CCP’s part, and that they did it to attract press coverage. There’s no way that they didn’t see this coming.

4 Likes

You’re under the impression that CCP thinks… and plans…?

3 Likes

I’ll have to disagree, experience demonstrates just how ■■■■ CCP are - and I mean that as either utterly incompetent, or deliberately not giving a ■■■■ - you can choose either, it’s not really relevant given the first point

Yet - here we are - Eve :slight_smile: :rocket: :dizzy: :boom:

4 Likes

Relevant

https://gem.cbc.ca/media/documentary-specials/episode-98/38e815a-01292c4ead3

For Canadian eyes only.

This might work

Summary

http://johnwalkerproductions.com/portfolio/assholes/

1 Like

How crass!