Really? Again CCP? Invasion in SOE epic arc systems

by getting instalocked by a ship entity like a npc doesnt doesnt need to depend on a server tick. Traveling around empire i do a lot in a cloaky hauler or something, and numerous times in low and null.

I pulled a huge amount of cargo out of a low sec station where a tornado was camping the gate and couldnt get me, he went to the station to get me when i docked or undocked and couldnt get me. he then proceeded to online all of his tornado alts after the first few tries to attempt to get me. after about 20 runs in my viator and attempted ganks every time, i was finished.

the only times ive died in a cloaky is either a gate was being smartbombed, or the server screwed me in jita where i landed on station on my bookmark with ap set to dock right away, got ganked on station but my pod was back on gate where i warped in next to my wreck.

the trigs ive been locked as soon as i moved and hit cloak without any lag and the system tells me i cant cloaked due to target lock.

Im also hearing people saying they’ve had trig move in their location when they were watching the fleet cloaked and even 1 guy saying he had a cloaked ship at a safe spot that was destroyed by trig.

so there discussion around by what trig can do and can not do, and so far it seems to be more cans.

1 Like

But that would defeat the goal of the experiment.
You can’t observe the effect of something on someone when he know what you expect. Also the people at CCP who analyze data must not know what they are actually doing otherwise they may interpret the result in a biased way. That’s called double blind experiment : I don’t know if or not something affect you, and you don’t know what may or not affect you, so I can tell in which cases there is an evolution, and someone else who know whether or not you are affected can tell from my analyzis whether or not what we are studying has an effective impact.

Not sure how you dare put that here.
“let’s just keep telling ourselves that as the earth slowly keeps rotating”.
Please show me a clear evidence that making eve easier would actually encourage new players to stay on long term.
As gadget says, I agree though that warning would be helping.
Also I agree that they should not spawn in career systems, just because the rats in those systems are supposed to be noob-level.

Agree. There is too much to learn for a noob to be able to run invasions on day1, I think (but no experiment on this)

They are as free as the mineral you mine yourself. Rembmer they don’t fall from the sky, they are supposed to be a reward for people who successfully made the career agents missions - and lost ships in the process.

1 Like

I definately agree from my experience with them. However, there is only a little that a new player needs to know to be able avoid them.

Also, did you know you can go in and out of a Player Structure freely when engaging them out side the structure? Youre even off-aggroed while under tether.

Granted.

Still, they are niether hard to get or suitable for a new player, unless they already know what they would like to do with it.

Once you got one, you need a lot of time to find the next career agent, get there, and do the missions - especially since the retarded NPE tells you to use the AP and get ganked on its way. They are actually a limited resource for new player, require time, knowledge, and from a new player perspective, very expensive.

It’s not about adding triglavians.
When CCP adds next ships the issue will remain the same.

It’s about the overview being show-on-selected instead of hide-on-selected . Whenever CCP adds new types to the game, those types should be added by default to all overviews, only hidden when player actively hides them.

see Make overview "filter by type" removal instead of adding

yep, I said that too :

You are completely wrong. Its about ccp forcing on customers an other product as they order. I go to pve the moment i want not when you ccp or whoever wants. Capice?

Good thing you never wanted to go pve at 11:05 :slight_smile:

Oh well everyone should do that what he wants and not what he is forced to. Its a game after all.

Nope.

I’ve been watching that fancy live feed. Because you know, I’ll get all that excitement while I watch market orders. Anyway, people get killed all day long by those triglavian dudes. Sometimes it’s not a newbie, people lose shiny stuff.

But the newbies are trying to accomplish a goal. They’re just traveling between systems in the relative safety of high sec. The triglavians are a hard progression blocker. My hope is that the newbies that get blown up like this have someone to rely on for advice, whether it’s a corp or newbro chat. Either way, having people around to help the newbros will keep them in the game. The newbros that are going at the game solo will probably… quit.

Well, it’s an MMO. You really shouldn’t go at the game alone. I like the agency window well enough, but I think that the corp search window should open up by default instead. Or maybe both. Stay strong newbros

3 Likes

So you can avoid this. Isnt that enough choice? Engage or evade?

What?

You mean capeesh, right?

As in “you saavy”?

Actually that word is slang which is spelled a few different ways.

However the correct spelling is Italian = capisce

1 Like

Excellent write up, exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.

Capiche is all the way at the end.

1 Like

And that’s another variation of how that word is spelled.

1 Like

EVE has alway been about risk vs reward and ever since incursions got introduced highsec is offering too much reward with very little risk. With so much content being available in highsec there is little reason for average player to ever move out of there, even though CCP didn’t design highsec as a place where players wil spend their entire careers (and majority of those who do, get eventually bored of mission/mining/incursion grind and quit, missing much of the game’s content).

About the only content High Sec doesn’t have is large scale Fleet battles.

1 Like

Removed some off topic posts. Keep it on topic and civil. Thank you.

2 Likes

That was the best part about the game IMO.

1 Like