Really angry about the Gallente Shuttle

Im afraid Ive tricked you

No one with a massive intellect as yours could be so daft, it was clear you were either playing dumb or lying about your intellect.

Merry Xmas!

I hope you get good material.

3 Likes

As we know from the eve lore, tritanium, which makes the bulk of stuff eve ships are made of, is unstable in the presence of molecular oxygen. That’s why eve ships can’t really land on planets, at least, the temperate ones. They’ll react with the air like a giant effervescent pill and fall apart.

So, calm down, miner. Those aren’t really wings.

Nice troll thread, though.

2 Likes

Mine as well - look up “Fabric light aircraft” and eat your heart out.

Even when I flew a DC-3 our horizontal stab was fabric.

1 Like

Hes only pretending to reply to himself by mistake now too. What japes!

I talk to myself constantly, mostly about the Gallente Shuttle. I’ve been arguing with myself for about 72 hours now, please help me.

4 Likes

My apologies for being serious, but the reason is aesthetics. If anyone out there building space ships considered efficiency, then all ships would be literal spheres of various sizes. Physics says so. I hope I was able to answer your question. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Point me in the direction of a fabric skinned aircraft please…and it better not be an ultra-light.

Anyway, Happy Holidays everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Merry Christmas! :slight_smile:

Apparently it used to be a thing.

1 Like

Yeah but post war availability and techniques in aluminum milling pretty much drew that period of aviation to an end outside of very small scale production.

1 Like

It did used to be a thing, and it’s still used for restoration purposes or even on some control surfaces of some larger aircraft, but that’s not the same thing as an entire aircraft being fabric.

4 Likes

It is indeed a thing. Atmosphere is actually pretty easy to deal with. The reason heavy aircraft have metal wings is because it’s structural. It actually gives the structure strength. Lighter aircraft - not necessarily ultralights - have all fabric. It’s efficient. Additionally, surfaces like horizontal stabilizers can be made of fabric. Weight is a huge issue in aviation.

I didn’t mean this to be a serious thread lol

Do Beechcraft have any fabric light aircraft?

1 Like

:wink:

2 Likes

Not that I’m aware of Ramona, they tend to use aluminum skins. The PA-28R is the only Beech I’ve flown

1 Like

Logging off, big day ahead :slight_smile: Merry Christmas my lovely fellow players.

2 Likes

Nope, it’s still the most efficient way to make a trainer or recreational aircraft.

Excellent response actually z0ra. Yes they would be.

1 Like

Not a troll thread, it was supposed to be funny. . You clearly know more about Eve online than I do.

Interesting lore :slight_smile:

These would not be the majority of light aircraft then.

Happy Holidays!

1 Like