Now this is a beautiful ship!

This is exactly the idea I proposed about six months ago on the Vanguard Starlifter concept to EVE.

4 Likes

It’s too bad my idea never got any traction here, but at least there are others who have let the concept capture their imagination.

1 Like

I won’t mention the game where this came from (because I don’t want to be accused of trolling) or the name of the ship, but they had described it as a military transport, and even used the words “Starlifter” exactly the same words and description I had proposed to EVE.

But, alas.

1 Like

nobody cares

I care

1 Like

Its for transporting tonks, there are no tonks in EVE unfortunately.

The concept for EVE is to transport ships and players through space and kick them out while in warp flight, called a space drop.

It’s a force multiplier for space battles, as well as transporting goods through null and elsewhere.

2 Likes

You just got a ship that cant do anything good and can barely move what else do you want…some ppl.

1 Like

.:laughing: Eve has better ships no question Eve #1 no other game or sci-fi franchise has better not even Star Wars or Star Trek. Nothing comes remotely close to Eve Online.

1 Like

Translation:

6 Likes

You are a nobody, though.

Apart from that, meh. Eve has no need for ships that can land on planets, so that wouldnt make sense from a design-standpoint. Why waste time and money on a specification that wont be used.

Maybe if that FPS game, uh, what was it called again? Dust 900? was still around, maybe it could be used as a NPC support ship. But thats long dead, so no.

At the time, many years ago, I was a 287 pound, 6’3’ pilot on final approach to Charleston’s multi-use airport in a Cherokee 140b, with three C-141 Starlifters idling on the taxiway awaiting my rather slow slog to the numbers. One of the Starlifter pilots keyed his mike and said something like “I wish that little guy would hurry up”. I resisted the urge to point out the fact that he was just a wisp of a thing compared to me, but for once I played nice and kept my mouth shut. I hope my wake turbulence didn’t bother them unduly as they trundled out to follow me down the runway.

Starlifter pilots; what can I say?

2 Likes

I remember Nobody having a really good role in a very known story. A lot better than yours.

4 Likes

And thats how i like it. I dont want others knowing my story. My story is private. Personal.

Well, if you want to stay irrelevant…

1 Like

Here’s another angle of the same ship from the side. The EVE version would not be able to have any armaments fitted, except maybe defensive.

If the Starlifter existed in EVE it would be a collaboration between SOE and ORE

4 Likes

nobody cares, and its a horrible idea. besides, we already have something that does the exact same thing only better. its called a cyno with a titan bridge.

from the scale a ship like this would be able to deliver what… 3 or 4 frigate-destroyer sized ships. (why can’t they just fly themselves) meanwhile a titan bridge is capable of delivering a near unlimited number of ships up to battleship sized.

why would you need something that does the same job but worse?

LOL Great graphic, btw. The old Moa was so ugly and dumb-looking that it had a lot of charm. Wish they’d just kept it.

1 Like

I remember Nobody posting his idea on forums about ship hauling other ships and we got a ship called Bowhead because of that. But its probably as far as CCP is able to follow this type of ships class. Reasons being Its too high of the technical threshold and balance issue for them.

2 Likes

I dont think i ever said i want to stay relevant or irrelevant. I am simply myself. I appear when needed, and disappear when it suits me.