Really struggling with Eve

It’s a Pirates Life for MEEEEEEEEE

There’s potential targets all over the place that a lone ganker could go for. Endless Ventures, Ibis, Velators, and smaller frigates hanging around at gates. But are they worth losing 0.25 security status on. The truly boring thing is hanging about waiting for flashies to show up.

Then don’t.

Shoot at stuff, and when your sec status gets low, bribe CONCORD with clone soldier tags.

How to bribe CONCORD and fix your security status. EvE-uni

As I watch the small asteroid chucks being extracted, I begin to absorb the peaceful surroundings that will even inspire you to build ships in New Eden. Ships that one day will be detroyed just like the asteroid that is being destroyed as it is being mined.

Simple. I also want to do nothing else but PVP, but for that to be possible I do need ISK. Doing PVE for ISK is counter to the idea of doing nothing else but PVP. When taking into account the cost of ships and mods, versus what I can reasonably make in PVE, versus my chances of survival in PVP, I find that I have to do way, way, WAAYYYYYY to much PVE to do very little PVP. Off course, this problem is by design and CCP sells you the solution via the cash shop in the form of PLEX you can sell.

If that weren’t the case I would still be playing, and putting 95% of my time in PVP like I used to. But alas, I am so burned out on PVE, and losing ships means I have to PVE to replace them. Well… I’d rather just not play the game anymore. I’m too burned out trying to make enough ISK after 10 years of play.

Years ago we used passive moon-mining to pay for our fleets, and mostly engaged in sieging POS and roaming local space. That playstyle was deleted with the express purpose of making this a mining activity. NOBODY in my corp wanted to mine, we were too PVP focussed. I have no idea how small scale gangs pay for their ships these days. Your TZ has traditionally been one with less people online, exacerbating the problem of why you can’t find many people to PVP with.

I used to solo roam in an assault frigate, to me pvp is also about knowing which fights to pick, I was looking for destroyers, haulers, and any other small ship that couldn’t outpvp me. Sometimes I’d not get any fights but it would be fun evading 5 or 6 guys trying to get me. Sometimes I would aim to split them up a bit using agression timer on the gate but they were wise to it so much of the time I had to accept pvp wouldn’t be on my terms alone.

I’m not really playing at present but if I was I would join you on your pvp hunt, even if it was just me and you. I live in Stain and there are plenty groups here who would pvp 24/7 so solo’ing them is difficult.

God, I wish I had more time for Eve. Pvp is so cool. it is most definitely about finding friends and doing it together.

You know I might try using my big mouth to troll people into fighting me, last time i did this so many wanted to pvp me and would wait all day for it LOL,

Join faction warfare, where the last resemblance of any kind of fun and meaningful pvp experience is to be had in this game, until its fast approaching passing.

I wonder if EVE could experience some kind of renaissance, if the devs would only bring back passive moons. I really think this could be the ticket.

This might not be seen as a problem, if we just go with it we will see that it’s easier to replace ships as a group rather than a solo pilot. In stain it would be easy to farm the solo missioners around here and do 10/10 sites. a group of 5 guys could farm this and have a few billion in the ship replacement after a few days. Me and a few guys have done this.

But will people come to Stain and do all of this? Nooooo, they will think that it doesn’t exist and there is something wrong with the mechanics of the game.

Those numbers would be a reason why players do other activities instead, like Abyssals.
You earned about 4 low budget HACs per day, that you can whelp within an hour. Not great for life in null sec.

Well said.

I’m not trying to say bots don’t exist but some of you seem to believe falsehoods. I’m from null sec and i’m not a bot.

Adrenaline junkies can’t understand that people like to play the game as a hobby. They were taught if they’re unlike them, they are bots.

1 Like

Is that what you were programmed to say?

3 Likes

Whatever bro, go ahead and believe your falsehood while I thoroughly enjoy more aspects of the game than you. I’ll be 20 next year, respect the program.

Null sec is an amazing place and I have had the best gaming experiences of my life there and that is no exaggeration.

1 Like

I don’t blame the mechanics of the game tbh, and I can accept that to most people isn’t seen as a problem. But I do regard it a problem for me personally; after 10 years I simply don’t want to do PVE anymore, period. Not a single mission. I’ve done them all. Multiple times.

Meaningfull PVP is nice and all, but after 10 years the adage of “meaningful losses” has lost meaning itself for me. While I enjoy the gameplay of fleet PVP the idea of having to replenish my losses through PVE just isn’t attractive anymore.

That being said, I am not mad about it or anything. It’s great when people can stick with a game, even when it changes or invalidates your previous strategy. But I am just not that person.

1 Like

I totally feel you man, Eve has been very lucky that more people didn’t quickly get bored of the constant grind, I will still pve when I get back in the game.

I’m not bored of Eve yet, but I guess this has always been a sort of RPG for me where I simply exist and deal with whatever Eve life throws at me.

My history in game is all about trying to populate an area of Stain with solo blues which I think has kept me interested. When I do get back in game it will be about building a corp for missioning in Stain and PVP to defend our operation. Hopefully there will be a younger generation of players who can help me with this.

There is a way to replenish your losses via pvp too.

1 Like

Yes indeed, I’ve known a few people who farmed Pve’ers in 0.0 and took their billions in fitting. Some weeks they must have made a good 5 to 10 billion from loot.

You are a bot miner.