Reason why I hate Eve's pvp, and its pvpers

People utilizing the well known “strength in numbers” approach in PVP, inside a game that’s been operating for fifteen years? Say it isn’t so!

It’s par the course in any game that provides PVP in an open-world environment. Players will group together for safety. If you want to continue to play solo you’ll need to become creative with your approach towards groups, or find pubs to roam with.

Edit: That date span yo.

Well, you simply want to try BGO: pick up a viper mk7 or the counterpart and learn to fly.

One alt with Sovereignty V can make as many maxed corps as he wants to. I make them for myself all the time. And the max is 12600.

Those changes probably still wouldn’t change anything. You would force a coalition to split into many more smaller alliances with fewer corporations. And require dozens of dev-man-hours of digging through 15 year old legacy corp and overview code to rewrite it to support the changes.

Assuming you cannot sort by tickers you can still see what their tickers are after you click on them through brackets. So all of your changes still don’t make friendlies shoot friendlies if they’re paying attention.

Forcing people to change their playstyle to fit into arbitrary rules changes like what you propose will only piss them all off. Preventing them from doing what they enjoy doing will make them quit the game.

Yes there are a lot of AH (not just on eve) all over the internet. However, to look for pvp you can try thsoe alternatives; 1) null/low/wh sec, or; 2) go to the main hubs and ask in local or invite/challenge ppl to 1v1 you; 3) try asking Code or any Mercs if they’d want to 1v1 as well could work, or; 4) join corporation which have ‘friendly fire’ set to legal and ask your new buddies to whip you into shape from time to time (lol). Last, ecm drones, alike any other pvp mechanics are part of the game, whether we like it or not, so always expect the worst and prep yourself accordingly. Happy pvp! :blush:

So, your concern is about long time spent on finding pvp or about blobbing?
If first - be more active, don’t just sit in a plex and wait for haleluyah, do some maneuverings. Try to look as a victim while having a good plan B or smth.
Checking ZKB is also helps - you will know where the most active systems are located at certain period of time.
And you can’t go wrong with Tama and Amamake.
As for blobbing - be prepared for it.
Answer to yourself “what would you do if…”.
Find a friends - because there are just too much ways to counter solo.

Kiting is mostly the answer. At least for solo/small gangs.
I know that kiting is not the easiest way to pvp, but ppl have to get into it, if they want to master fighting outnumbered.

2 Likes

So if EVE cannot satisfy what you want, then why spend money on it?

/r/thathappened unless they were setup fights where both sides agreed on shiptypes and numbers, in which case you just need to be more aware of your surroundings.

Anyway, OP, I hear your complaint. I cherish my memories of the really cool engagements I’ve had. But EVE, despite it’s reputation for being “a PvP game”, is more so a PsvPs game - players vs players. There’s nothing fair or honorable about it.

Back in the day you could make your own corp and WarDec people for some funny HiSec lolz. But that’s been nerfed so I guess you’ll have to learn how suspect and aggression flagging works.

1 Like

sooo basically this is a thread about killmail whores

It’s kinda sad when people pull out the “EVE is not fair” argument , as if anything in this life is. Sorry but 10 vs 1 is not PVP, EVE is not a PVP game period.

Open world PVP does not work.

If you want any form of meaningful player combat you need an arena with a ranking system. The arena is there to make sure you dont waste hours trying to find even a 10 vs 1 fight, you being the 1. Ranking is not to make it fair, its to make it remotely possible to last more than 1 second and have some actual fun getting owned.

If in doubt go play any MOBA, see how fair the ranking system is. You going to be severely disappointed. But at least you have the remote possibility of doing something that last more than a few seconds and maybe, just maybe have some fun in the process.

I have done some PVP in EVE , here and there, but I quickly discovered that if you are serious PVP player you simply do not play EVE, period. EVE is a PVE game. Maybe once it was a PVP game (I seriously doubt it) but clearly now is not.

I find it hilarious when people are accusing others of bitching and to go back to WOW. Because WOW has tons more PVP and very good one too, that EVE could ever dreamed of. What is more hilarious is that WOW does not even claim to be a PVP game.

PS: The PVP mechanics are crap also but that is a matter of opinion but nonetheless I love the PVE mechanics and the depth of the game.

1 Like

PvP means Player vs. Player and there are many forms of it not just arena-style fair matches.

EVE PvP is in it’s essence more strategy focused. The difficulty is to control the engagement and be aware of all the risks and mechanics that are relevant in the current setting which differs from place to place. You try to trick your opponent into thinking he has the upper hand when he hasn’t so he engages.

The actual combat is not really that important. When it starts it is almost always clear who will win. If that isn’t the case, both sides ■■■■■■ up greatly.

I have no idea why people think after playing one game they have to apply their narrow definition of what PvP can be to all other games, just because they don’t understand the differences yet.

I play games for 30 years now. A bit less than 20 years of that is PVP games.

I was around when PVP, MMORG and even “multiplayer game” terms were created.

I am light years away from being a player that just played one PVP game.

I used MOBA as an example because MOBAS are the very heart and by far the most succesfull commercially and critically as PVP games.

I can fill libraries with books containing reasons why EVE is nowhere near to being a PVP game and how the vast majority of activities that people regard as PVP activities are anything but PVP.

OMG trick your opponent ? Go to a fight well prepared ? Use strategy orientated tactics ? Be well aware of the combat mechanics ?

Stop the press we have pure PVP revolution here

The only thing that stops EVE from becoming the laughing stock of the PVP world, is that the PVP world is fed with the illusion of EVE being all about epic battles and complex politics, only for the most hardcore gamers of all. If truth got out that would be hilarious. But CCP and EVE fanboys have done an amazing job at keeping the hyperbole alive and well all these years.

I won’t even be surprised if they manage to prove that EVE is the one to invented MMORG PVP. The game so overcomplicated with useless mechanics and features that anything is possible cause so few people are even willing to give it a try and most that do quit the first few days.

I love EVE, I think its a great PVE game but the level of hype and arrogance it attracts is just mind blowing.

1 Like

And somehow that didn’t prevent you from making such a fundamental misjudgement and silly suggestion. Looks like not everyone gains experience at the same rate.

And because they are successful they are the only PvP flavor that should exist? How does it help anyone if every game is just a bad copy of essentially the same thing. If you want to play a MOBA which is what pure arena style PvP looks like then go play a MOBA, they already exist. EVE is not a MOBA, it is a PvP sandbox MMORPG.

What you actually do is use the term PvP in a very limited way that just encompasses the games you enjoy and not other games where players compete in completely different ways you don’t think are “worthy” of the term. No one cares. This is your personal opinion and doesn’t change the broad term PvP that encompasses a very very large amount of different game styles.

Hahahaha, “the PvP world”? What is that? Some forum you hang out with your friends where you talk about your leet skills in Fortnight or whatever the kids play this days?

EVE is not the first MMORPG by a long shot, but it has been around for 16 years or something. It is one of the first games that coined the term sandbox MMO though because they where always people like you who couldn’t grasp that there can be very different games that are called an MMORPG but don’t have to work exactly like WOW does.

Wow, if you think EVE PvE is great I don’t know how anyone here can help you.

It seems you have a hard time wrapping your head around how EVE PvP works and you think it would be easier if it was similar to something you already know. I understand, but it will never happen. HTFU.

1 Like

I kinda hate Fortnite, all this spinning around makes me dizzy , so you could not have picked worst example to represent my taste in PVP games.

To make your life a lot easier , I am an Overwatch fan. I also play Street Fighter, PES, Rocket League.

I am also 40 years old

I mean it would have been weird to be a kid with a 30 years experience in games and not I don’t suck at math that much to be such a kid.

I also love PVE games that include some PVP element, like EVE, Warframe was my most recent addiction after I started growing bored of EVE , way before the blackout. Overall 50% PVP player 50% PVE player with strong combat element.

I also have a soft spot for complex games with deep combat mechanics my No 1 being D&D which I had the pleasure enjoying as computer game and more recently as tabletop.

So yeah I know my way around a very complex PVP game, I think I am more than qualified to claim that EVE is not a PVP game by a long shot.

None of what you listed makes you an expert in classifying different genres. It just shows that you attribute PvP to a very narrow type of gameplay, in this case arena style PvP of MOBA like games or shooters. But the world of games is far richer than just MOBA type games.

And I don’t think you quite understand the intricacies of EVE PvP to make a judgement from that side either.

What does it help you in the end by pretending the game is not “real PvP” or no PvP at all? Even a little child could see that EVE is all about different form of competition between different player almost no matter what activities they partake in. You are simply wrong.

And not only are you wrong, but by blaming the game to not fit your narrow definition of what you perceive as PvP in other games you basically prevent yourself from exploring what makes EVE’s PvP extremely special and what you will find in no other game out there.

I play computer games since the Amiga. I have been trough the time of LAN parties with early FPS and RTS titles with our “clan” and whatever. Have played countless MMORPGs, MOBAs etc. and enjoy most of that gameplay as well. But some ~12 years ago I discovered EVE and I have played it since on and off (besides other things) and it has in my opinion the most interesting, diverse and engaging PvP of all games I have ever played. It isn’t arena style, it isn’t fair, it is actual war in a persistent universe and it let’s me explore so much more things than a simple 30min match ever could.

Feel free to ignore that and blame the game for not fitting your expectations. You only ignore the most awsome PvP game ever because of it. No big deal.

4 Likes

Lowsec and Nullsec pvp is in horrible state. Everyone is just instadocking the moment you enter system. When they undock (if ever) they either bring 5+ ships, hardcounter or a bait drop ship (this one is probably gone with cyno changes).

If you want fun doing pvp I suggest highsec.
Wardecs (but you need to choose your target well, declaring war to corp full of industrials will result in them not playing for a week at all)
Duels (try around trade hubs)
Suspect baiting (just don’t be that stupid as the last guy who was trying to suspect bait me in Vedmak lol, you need to appear weaker otherwise you won’t bait anyone).
Suicide-ganking (easiest to find a target if you don’t care about ISK profitability). (You might need few alts to do this well though - at least to take the loot from your victim if nothing else)

next time bring another one but talk to some local powers and counterdrop a dreadbomb.

It will make them less likely to drop caps on you next time. Or they’d have supers on standby.

Eve is also about communicating, not just executing fleet ops.

Everybody wants to win, even the 1vs1 fair play heroes of lowsec.
Per example I know a couple of pilots which do mostly 1vs1, and complain like b****** if your gang blobs them.
One of them, usually have an alter cloaked in the slider just to see what is comming and which weapons are fitted in the ship. It’s fits are always scram kite ships just to get out in case the fight doesn’t looks to end well.

The other guy always wear a high/mid grade implants set, and only picks what he is almost sure to win.

Everybody wants to win, that’s ok. But dudes don’t cry if you get blobed because nobody really gives a 100% fair fight.

To the original post of this thread. You don’t need to wait 1 hout to have a fight, just come to lowsec, you’ll get blobed aswell, and you’ll have your “fair fights too”. Learn the area, avoid too hot systems and the blobers.

I’t up to you to pick a fight, and also to know who blobs hard, and where you can have good fights.

Curious if you were in faction warfare? One of the more annoying features of faction warfare for those dedicated to that purpose, is all the neuts basically farming pvp-- those neuts are a distraction. Also solo pvpers are a very small % of Eve.