Recent Patch Huge Buff for Suicide Gankers, THANKS CCP! <3

Ask that question to @knowledgeminer as he used it in reverse.

Actualy Endie took it over and at the time his corp with the character Warr Akini was the most active freighter ganker.

So you managed to find one that is specifically aimed at gankers, but that happened after the buff to catalysts which of course was a re-balance there. Do go on.

Of course you have an issue.

As I said game balance does not happen in a vacuum and there are of course un-intended consequences. I accept that and don’t whine about it.

I want to do something against bumping because of bumping enabling someone to stop someone warping for hours, and it gets around any consequences and has no real counter in hisec. There impact on ganking is secondary but important in that it makes the game play more interesting.

Do you need to bump to sucide gank? No you do not!

As you mention that one I was on the forums pushing for CCP to do something about the tanks on mining barges and exhumers and two and a half years later we got it. Thanks for mentioning that one. At this point good balance achieved…

It can do but not always.

But an interesting discussion nonetheless, those people I have blocked could learn something from this.

1 Like

Go and look it up yourself, stop being a lazy entitled ganker type.

It was a buff to ganking above anything else.

I have not made that statement anywhere, it is like people saying if you remove bumping then you will end ganking, ridiculous statement by any poor sap that makes it. Ganking is part of the game, hisec is just more safe than other areas, after all ask a bumper with their 100% safety based on your logic!

3 Likes

I can’t tell you exactly when it happened, it was years ago.

However i can confirm all T1 destroyers used to have a 25% rof penalty.

http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Catalyst

Guess this new feature goes on the list lol @Dracvlad

And exactly this does not make sense. If buffs justify nerfs, this should be applied to all playstyles and not just the ones you dislike.

If a buff that was not specifically aimed at ganking, warrants a nerf of the activity that profited from the the buff as a sideeffect, in order to keep the balance intact, this should be applied to all activities.

Yet, you… not unlike many other players always scream about balance, when it´s about playstyles you dislike, but totally ignore it in other areas of the game.

edit: Just to be clear, I totally am fine with people, discussing certain playstyles for whatever reason they may have. But using the whole “it´s all about balance” argument is kinda silly when you happen to only use it to constantly target 1 specific playstyle.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it a huge buff, but it does save having to stock shuttles in places like Niarja.

iirc playing with concord like that would be considered an exploit?

haha, no, you have been hanging out with your dumb ag buddies too much.

3 Likes

me?
whats ag?

Changes to damage control unit, giving freighters fitting options, massive buff to ehp of barges, hull resists… and that is just from top of my head.

pulling concord is normal thing, working as intended.

Delaying concord is not an exploit? :thinking:

What delaying of concord?

But making concord to spawn on grid?

When you pull concord you don’t make it spawn. It moves from one location in the system to another. And no, it is not an exploit. This activity doesn’t delay concord

So if i suicide 15 chars in noob ships on a freighter just before the real suicide gank land, is not an that an exploit?

Did I say anywhere that buffs and nerfs should only be applied to ones I don’t like. And what do you mean by don’t like, you are defining it as an emotive expression. I find bumping a poor mechanic which is imbalanced against casual hisec players which makes them too easy to kill because of it and has no real counter. It is not a case of don’t like it is a poor mechanic which is out of balance.

Did I say otherwise, the games designed has to keep a close eye on impacts and effects.

Freighter gankers have a huge advantage against solo hisec haulers due to this mechanic This means that there are three major multi-boxing freighter gankers who are able to easily pick off this very large group of players at will and there is no real counter. I used to gun mine in Stain, but the HTFU players hated that people did not have to mine to gather minerals so they agitated for years to reduce refine rates. When they got that through people like me had their gameplay removed so that they had more people to gank in mining barges and exhumers. But the impact was that hardly anyone now belt rats, not a very wise decision imo as it then reduced content in NPC nullsec for example.

It is about game balance, at this point a solo hauler in hisec has no counter against bumping. It needs to be changed in some way. What makes it worse is that it is a poor mechanic that allows an aggressor to avoid consequences by the fact they are protected by CONCORD. Which would not exist if they did this in lowsec.

And you are falling into the trap of believing that freighter ganking would stop if this poor mechanic was removed, it would not. It would be more challenging and more fun, cargo values would go up and I think better all round.

And I am not targeting freighter ganking, I am targeting the bumping mechanic, there is a difference.

2 Likes

You claim to be a master debater yet run when asked to provide proof of YOUR claim and then call me names…LOL. Sad…

Except if anything can be used to gank, you crying means nothing as I pointed out, something else would have just be used…

And yet again you make a false claim. I never said you made a statement but rather it is your end goal. And then you start sobbing about bumping again so I’ll stop there while you go get another box of tissues.

It increased the cost of ganking ever so slightly, but to give you an idea of the non-impact of this change, the value you can carry before this buff was about 1bn and after the buff it was 1bn. So where is the impact? Where is the buff, I don’t see it. It was minimal!

2 Likes

No, not an exploit, just really inefficient.

ROF -25, if you cannot find it that is your issue. In fact Daichi found it for me.

So pointing out that removing a -25% ROF penalty made a certain ship very attractive due to low cost and high DPS when the mining and barge tanks were not touched for two and a half years and a lot of prey players gave up the game. I would think CCP was crying about this and ultimately gankers…

You keep saying this bullshite about 100% safety, really sad, don’t you have a better argument than throwing that incorrectly at people. What you are really saying is that if it gets a little bit harder and less certain the players doing it will give up. And there was me thinking Eve was a hard game. ROFL!

1 Like