Red Alert Hot off CSM Minutes! All Dev Teams focus is now on MONETIZATION!

I think they’ve lost confidence in their ability to provide that value. That’s about the only reason I see for acting like every other AAA publisher and going whaling in the cash shop.

Only problem is, every other AAA publisher gets away with it because they’ve got massive advertising budgets and people are idiots. CCP… doesn’t have the massive advertising budgets, nor does it have a massive library of IP so it can sell us a new one after it ruins the old one for us. The only marketing tools they’ve really made use of are the players (viral, before it was even called viral), those crazy news stories about massive fleet fights, and the occasional trailer they put up on Youtube.

1 Like

This is to be expected in a game that is Free To Play. I fully expect them to come up with injectable level 5 skills for alpha clones that last only one hour, etc. The more they can fleece those Alphas the better. In the meantime I’m going to go on playing the same game I’ve always been playing.

2 Likes

Stop giving them ideas.

2 Likes

Is it a bad sign that when I saw the thread title, I immediately wondered whether it would be Shailagh or CAM?

does not = concentrate solely on. Anyway I’m fine with it. We have options, we don’t have to buy stuff, we can play for free with no effort (alpha) or farm a little isk and still play free (omega) or we can buy our way out of PVE with a plex… I just don’t see the problem. The “gold ammo” that people thought was the fat end of the monacle/$1000jeans wedge never materialised and is unlikely to.

If this keeps the game afloat… GREAT !

they’re the same? right next to persifonne and the others…

But they do, which once again makes your strawman argument irrelevant. Seriously, do you think before posting, or just go with whatever cerebral misfire comes along?

i’m so confused. i want to laugh and cry at the same time…

1 Like

Previously in EVE’s history, every team was already by default, a monetization team.

Making good core mechanics that encouraged people to want to play, increased subscriptions. Up until CCP changed focus in 2014.

Now, it’s not about making the core game good enough to attract people, but to extract as much money from the existing players as possible.

It’s a change in culture that won’t sit well with everyone, even if some are OK with it.

1 Like

That’s because you only took half of the quote, and we established in the other thread you’re also an idiot, therefore it’s not surprising you are confused.

Well… not only is there a shitton of evidence that i’m actually much smarter than you, there is even more evidence that thinking about how to milk customers helps milking customers. Do you know the term “Science”? Many, many people, called “scientists”, collectively spent many, many years and billions on research, trying to figure out how to trigger people into buying things. the first line changes nothing about it. :slight_smile:

Now i’m laughing. :smiley: thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

People don’t spend their money on something unless they see it as worth it. Hard concept for you to understand I know, but please try before you embarrass yourself next time.

It’s always funny how simple minds tend to be incapable of realizing complex matters. :slight_smile: that’s why for people like you, buying something is about a decision, while actually intelligent people who research this stuff for years, spending billions on studies, know that this isn’t the case. :slight_smile:

your childish passive aggressiveness is hilarious. :grin:

An intelligent person keeps complex matters simple you retard. To sell something, it has to be worth something to someone else. That’s all there is to it. Dress it up in as much ■■■■ as you want but that’s the whole thing right there.

you retard

your lack of emotional development, and your easily triggerable ego, are hilarious. :smiley:

It’s enough for writing a ticket, asking for a ban. Don’t bother editting your posts, btw. i make screenshots. :slight_smile: and if it’s not enough yet, you’ll get there eventually. :slight_smile: anything else you have to say to make yourself feel better? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not triggered, I just want you to know that I don’t respect you at all.

I literally couldn’t care less about a ban.

1 Like

And that’s the thing. :slight_smile: you have the need to give me a feeling that allows you to feel better, but it’s not working. i’m not like you. i’m emotionally mature, and don’t impulsively throw swearwords at people just to get them to react in an equal manner. :slight_smile:

i’ll just ignore the fact that you lack the self reflection needed for understanding what it means to get “triggered” and leave it at that, knowing that everyone else is able to see what you’re missing. :slight_smile:

Anything else you need to get off your chest, before i stop allowing you to vent at me? :slight_smile:

Do what you do best retard.

:blush:

Red Alert! Hot off Forum posts! All Posters focus is now on SHITPOSTING!

Just a friendly reminder that it gets really tiresome to read the forums like that. Different guys different opinions or ignorance or whatever hidden agenda. Let’s not fall to name-calling as that’s where the forums go to after everyone gets tired of others opinions, you a-holes. :wink:

I suggest we charge 10 000 ISK per post made? Or a monthly posting sub for 500 plex… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes