Reminder that suicide ganking is lore friendly

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/message/357097/#post357097

Oh look, me debating on the concept of deleting local in favor of doing so, a pointed ANTI carebear concept. Also look, I disclaim I’m a carebear.

It’s part of the game. Don’t like it, make your own MMO. Ez.

1 Like

Complaining about something that’s naturally part of the game without providing good supporting reasons for its removal does not mean you are right.

It just means you’ve been complaining about something for years without providing good supporting reasons for its removal.

What?

In that ancient thread, I provided plenty of reasons to remove local, most of which would trigger the scared-of-pvp people in this thread.

Edit: I also stand by it as it would completely change null wars. Now your spy alts actually need to be in sight of the gate and watch the enemy fleet pass through. Or actually and actively use D-scan.

I actually still hold this opinion, now that I’m retreading it. Ironically, I started this thread to discuss ganking in general… Frankly, eve could be MORE dangerous to EVERYONE, imo. I said it years ago, I stand by it today.

1 Like

That’s already the case. Alts sitting cloaked at gates providing intel via, apparently EULA compliant, software. Removing local from null would fix nothing. The RMTers would just need more chars spread across the farmers area of operation to make sure they catch people who come in via wormholes which, thanks to alphas and virtual machines, comes at no extra cost whatsoever.

Years ago at least it took significantly more ressources to do so, but thanks to Ryzen CPUs not even this one factor has any weight anymore.

You’re mistaken.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what software is this? Because even for the whole “user created add-on” craze, that seems a bit… Broken. And I don’t even participate in that nullsov stuff.

So you’re telling me everybody has an otherwise inactive toon sitting at every gate with an automatic program doing the work? I mean ■■■■, if you’re gonna be that underhanded about spying at least out some effort into it.

Hey just a heads up, there is nothing wrong with just suicide ganking, OK!

2 Likes

… I know?

I can’t tell if this is hyperbolic sarcasm or a very… passionate… Show of support.

But indeed, nothing wrong with suicide ganking. Not from a lore perspective, nor from a gameplay one.

1 Like

This is 100% #truth

It’s sad to see so many people here who can’t handle the truth.

1 Like

What’s infinitely sadder are these people acting like they speak for me. When I say “no, I’m a carebear but I don’t care about suicide ganking”, it’s “oh you must be an alt of a pirate”, “your attitude is killing this game”, and so on.

(At them): Stop acting like your hugbox of like 5 unique names I saw caring enough about the topic to protest it here on the forums represents the majority of the playerbase.

What really got me going was watching you guys (I recognize a couple of the pro-established mechanics names from those threads) keep asking that naari noori whatever the hell guy in that most recent thousand post thread for the source for his continuing arbitrary statements of “90% of MMO players don’t PvP!”

I detest dishonest debaters. This is why i was ready to engage with lugburz itt when he calmed down with the personal attacks and started discussing new player impressions, I laid out my contentions and rebuttals to him (the bit above about starting systems, breaking the economy, etc.) and… Silence.

Let’s have a conversation. But if you’re gonna use numbers, better have a source for them that can be independently and on verified.

1 Like

To me it is a tactic, or strategy, it makes sense, the only issue I have is if it is out of balance and if the game can’t take it, and I am not a big fan of some of the valued added play that certain people add to it. But personally I find it adds to the game. I have detailed what I find wrong with the balance quite often, but at the base level I have no issue with ganking as such.

And I can tell you that most AG players I came across feel the same way as me, it is just CODE and people like them that seem to tell everybody that AG and players like me have a hate boner for ganking. And that is their issue, it really is.

*Could have

Am I doing it right @Solecist_Project ?

1 Like

Orly?

Please do explain?

And you better be reading my posts fully.
Also coming with experience, not just ‘an idea’ pov.

I already explained. You’re choosing to act ignorant.

no, now im just confused tbh.

Answer. My. Post.

What is the misunderstanding?

How do you solve my economy contention?

Or keep deflecting and playing dumb, that’s cool too.

Oh you are talking to me?

You mention my name then say

Gets confusing; are you sure your upto it?

You call this a question? really? Honestly you can use your own beginnings to figure this out.

I believe its against the eula to grief newbros in starter systems.

God, you really are this defunct of fair play, huh? Considering how much you hate Pirates, I’m surprised you’re so dishonest.

Hate pirates lol

You really are a tool :slight_smile:

You are incredibly ill informed.

So let’s recap:

You “warn” me to read your whole posts, then cherry pick mine, then call ME the tool?

K.

So lets recap.

You cant decide how much time it takes for a player to depart from rookie status.

Even though CCP have already decided that time on rookies when they first come into game (see rookie chat)

And you believe i hate pirates and pvp…

Grats on completely missing everything that is right in front of your eyes.

I mean honestly, why wouldnt i think your an absolute tool?