Remove asset safety

They’re called lowsec NPC stations. And they’re free, ignoring the jump freighter fuel costs.

If you take an extended break and you live in an upwell structure, your very first act before you leave should be to evac your assets. That whole “being smart” thing.

1 Like

I do remember consolidating my assets before a 2 year break, I remember is sucked terribly and by the time I was done with it I wasn’t sure if I even wanted to come back to the game.
Probably part of the reason it was a 2 year break.

1 Like

Nobody said consolidate. Evacuate. There’s really not much effort involved in creating courier contracts, if you haven’t got your own jump capable stuff. “The nearest lowsec station system” really isn’t THAT far away from most of Null.

1 Like

For me it was one in the same.

Either way I’m for the complete removal of asset safety, but I understand a players non-desire to do a mass move before leaving the game for an extended period of time. I understand there a sometimes when a extended leave of absence can be anticipated, there are other times when it can’t be.

1 Like

I often look at my assets window and think about retrieving stuff, shipping to Jita and selling. And then reason kicks in and I remember that I actually want to enjoy Eve. So I’ve assets strewn through null; they’re basically dead to me. The loss makes not one functional difference because I know I’m probably not going to see them again.

It’s important to note though that consolidation and evacuation are different. Your choice to consolidate was exactly that… a choice. If you wanted to maintain your sanity you could just as easily have evac’d to the nearest safe place for the purpose of asset safety (not to be confused with a clean assets window).

Yes they are, in my specific situation though it wasn’t. Part of the process of saving my stuff also involved consolidation.

So taking 48 hours off the game should be punished with the loss of billions of isk of assets? Because that’s all the time it takes (36 in wh but wh have always had that risk, null hasn’t)

1 Like

Currently live in a WH now, I assume everything I take into the hole is gone as soon as I take it there.

They’re different things though. Your stuff is “safe” in any NPC station. You can literally leave it in any LS station in all of Eve. Had you deposited your stuff there, your assets would still be there when you came back 100% guaranteed. You could have done that, gone on your break, and come back to everything you originally had.

Your stuff is consolidated when you bring it all to one place. Maybe that means flying bits and bobs from some backwater location across the universe to the place you want your stuff to all end up. Maybe in your case, your assets weren’t really all that spread out so dropping it at the same location made sense. But it’s never a requirement for a long term break. It’s literally a self-imposed complication when done for the sake of asset safety.

You’re forgetting the part where people start to actually defend their assets, because losses such as these become a thing. As the saying goes, “if you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen”.

1 Like

There is already a cost to it though. What you are asking is people play Eve as a 247 on call job. That’s silly and exactly why asset safety exists.

1 Like

I’m of the opinion that the cost is neither sufficient, nor appropriately applied. And what I’m asking is for corporations (since players cannot anchor upwell in their own name) to be ready to defend their assets within the vulnerability windows that they specify.

If your corp is too small to effectively defend it, then you’d probably want to avoid putting too many of your eggs in one basket.

How is a percentage value not proportionately applied?
And “cant defend it” all depends on who is attacking it. If you strip asset safety like that you are only benefiting the mega alliances at the cost of everyone else.

1 Like

I would be in favor of this form of asset safety.

2 Likes

I never said proportionately applied, I said appropriately applied. Consider the difference between isk evaporating in asset recovery fees, to hard assets floating in space for anyone to loot or shoot. That is the application that I want.

It encourages people to attack structures. It encourages third parties to crash structure bashes. It encourages conflict in general. As opposed to “yay… we got another raitaru killmail… I can retire happily now…”.

I was just recently involved against the war between the North and Goons. We had no real answer to this (when they chose to REALLY engage, our only intelligent choice was to blueball)… and yet… none of my assets ever ended up in asset safety (and thus with the changes would not have been lost anyways). There is no larger group with greater force projection in the game, and they were unable to cause personal losses that asset safety is intended to protect. I was not married to Eve during this war, I was able to come and go.

Leave asset safety alone you smucks

The only reason to revisit this stupid argument is the fact some are pissed off with the coming change in December.

Adapt. Quit being stupid. leave Asset safety alone.

and STFU

1 Like

Go ahead and be the change you want to see.

…and what coming change would that be?

You will still be fodder :rofl:

1 Like

I stopped playing for 8 years and came back when i found out one of my work friends was playing. It was nice to have a starting point when i came back as opposed to just being left with absolutely nothing.

You mean besides putting your stuff in an NPC station before you leave?

3 Likes

Tbvh i dont think you understand citadel mechanics… unless your talking about a low power structure… again, why …

tbh, if you want to be part of a huge null “Power house”… i think you should get yer ■■■■ sorted out. Leaving something for a month should not harm a large alliance and small ones would probably be sure to take more care… if your titan gets killed or drops from a keepstar because it was destroyed that really isnt my problem; its your problem and its also your failure.

If you undock for pvp tomorrow but forget your ammo whos fault is that?

Exactly.