Remove suicide ganking from high sec

Ive been playing for almost ten years ( ? ) Im also i hi sec care bear. Ganking is good for the game.

5 Likes

Please learn to play…or go mine in X4.

1 Like

Well, looks like an anti-tanked hulk has been removed from high sec…

3 Likes

Just no.

I mine, I gas huff, I haul, among other things. The risk is what makes the game interesting, it would be pointless* without it.

*Disregarding the fact that all games are pointless unless it teaches you something, EVE is the best learning experience u’ll get for indulging in a distraction activity.

4 Likes

Games are not pointless even if they don’t teach you something, games are entertainment, actually life is pointless without fun if anything. :wink:

6 Likes

There not many bigger care bears than me, Christ I got up at Eve London’s AMA and told people I did missions for 13 years. But no suicide ganking is a part of the game and shouldn’t be removed. Nobody should be 100% safe, get ganked then take it on the chin and adapt. Make the other guy a more tempting target.

7 Likes

or just fit some damn tank … or just don’t fly a hulk in HS … Or I don’t know, go play in backwater … or be active and warp away when reds enter the system…
All in all, so many ways to be safer, and yet he wants to fool people into thinking gankers are the issue…

1 Like

So you don’t want to pvp in a pvp game?
Why not take your ass into the bluezone then … All this threads whining about not being able to mindlessly mine and in other bot-aspirant activity’s .

Things you can do to be harder to gank;

*Get some space friends - this is a massive multiplayer online its meant to be played together.
*Don’t use a paper-plane close to high traffic space
*Fit tank and use ecm-drone
*Be active use your onboard scanners.
*If you cant make friends make a alt and put him in a ecm/shield repper boat.
*Read Code there are lot of good tips in there.
*If attacked overload and pray to BOB/James
*And lastly don’t undock what you cant lose.

Eve is about to find a way to do what you want not to be served everything on a plate. If you want some ingame practice on how much work there is behind every gank you are more then welcome to join me, free ships on me.

3 Likes

Each security status has kind of a different concord response time. They respond faster in 1.0 than they do in .5.

What if, a corporation (or a single player) could bribe concord for better protection and tier it?

Pay ________ isk for a response time ~ = 1.0 sec
Pay ________ isk for a response time ~ = .9 sec
Pay ________ isk for a response time ~ = .8 sec
Pay ________ isk for a response time ~ = .7 sec

etc…

What about a re-work of insurance…

“Hi miner, i see you want to ensure your hull and your cargo” well, to do so will cost___"

So this doesnt get rid of ganking but instead, makes the risk for gankers a little more… “can your Code catalyst kill before concord arrives in a .5 sec, as if it were 1.0 sec”

It makes allows miners to mine, and perhaps a little more “Safety”

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Dravis!

Why is the onus never on the miner to just fit their ship correctly and fly it like they should?

4 Likes

How will I sleep in peace at night if I dont kill miners??

2 Likes

Terrorism will always exist, no matter where you are or where you from.

What makes this terrorism? Some gankers do it for profit, but the most honorable are agents of James and will police his legaly claimed space.

Gankers are hi sec terrorist and they should be punished for murdering innocent people.

3 Likes

So it sounds that you dont think Concord is doing enough? A killersquad that just lash out with violence! Where is the judgment system? Innocent until proven guilty, everybody should have the right to defend themself in a court, before they are executed on the whim of totalitarian fascists “police” force.

1 Like

Um, they are!

Or did you miss the bit where CONCORD blows their ships up?

1 Like

Yes but we need more stringent security measures, since criminals do it, again and again.

They can’t stop. They should be permanently banned from hi sec.

1 Like

Then secure yourself more stringently.

You have the tools to do so - use them.

2 Likes

Well, it’s a huge problem for new players and CCP should consider it.

1 Like