Remove suicide ganking from high sec

The issue here is that if a player has enough knowledge of the game to avoid ganks, they mostly aren’t interested in highsec mining.

2 Likes

High Sec allready is now under constant threat by the Triglavians , so that counters AFK mining , what pssed a lot if people of…
And allthough ganks might be avoidable , it is also very upsetting to new players , at some point you will lose new blood coming in and then your hardcore PvP game will die with it…
Now it is just to easy to basicly gank anyone , suicide ganking cost near to nothing , total cost , even if all gankers get blown up by Concorde is maybe a few mill , if that…
The ships lost oftenly represent hundreds of millions of hard and boring work , mining is often the gateway into other gameplays…
If people lose their ship to often to these cowardly suicide gankers , they might end up quitting the game…
And yeah you can then say : Well EVE is not their game , but if you don’t get fresh meat for the grinder then soon it might not be your game either…
I am not completely opposed to the ganking , it just should be a little bit harder…
Reputation wise it should make sense aswell , i mean , ok Concord doesn’t hold hands , fine , but is Concord so stupid that they don’t give a sh
t about serial killers blowing up their law abiding citizens ???
Just doesn’t make sense , after a few times they should get a decline in reputation , which at some point should lead to a kill on sight notice…
That would make much more sense…
Also , to be honest these suicide gankers are total pussies , little w*nkers to affraid and / or unskilled at reall PvP , so they kill a bunch of griefers who get joy out of ruining the game for mostly newbies…
Hardcore or not , people like that you would want to punish !!!

1 Like

…and if you make HS too safe, then your hardcore PvP game will die with it…

It’s case by case so…

Then they should have protected it better…rather than being greedy and lazy (possibly ignorant too)

Probably a good thing if they are that dumb…

…and yet here you are wanting to nerf the grinder…can’t have it both ways in an argument.

Then learn to fit your ships and perform the BASIC anti-gank protocols

That’s the police’s job and they do with the Sec rating…

Do you even play EVE?

LOL…and yet you lose ships to them over and over and over…What does that make you?

ps. Next time use a Skiff…

pps. Also, on an investment of about 70M CODE grossed 455M in about 10 seconds…Sounds pretty smart to me.

2 Likes

Typical response of probably a ganker…

Yes they shot down a ship of mine , if you are long enough in the game i bet that happens to anyone…

There should be an entry level to the game , if newbies get blasted to bits , especisly in such a liw manner , if you think that they are dumb , or deserve it or whatever won’t matter !!! I am back in Eve for a month and saw many names i regulary saw , new players , dissappear…
If that happens to often there will not be enough new blood to sustain the game and then NO ONE can play…
See , i wouldn’t give a ■■■■ , i’ll go to the next game i like and leave this behind , but some of the hardcore players seem to be married to this game…

EVERY game with an PvP element in it , for some reason allways listens to the hardcore people , forgetting to keep a certain entry level available to those who are not such inclined and EVERY game " hardcored " itself out of existance…
In the end i won’t mind , i adjust my gameplay , do what i want , but ya might wanna read the forum and understand that many aren’t happy about it…

It is just my two cents…

And btw , no i am not an " experienced " player i played years ago and quit for personal reasons , unrelated to the game , and only returned a few weeks ago…

I don’t know the ins and outs , i just commented on something i saw as a flaw and i am not the only one in this…

Will i stay , i don’t know , i have options , i like Eve , just not all of it…

Ps , i have a Skiff , i fitted it for a tank , and if i see what Triglavians do to it , then i wouldn’t survive a focussed gank in that neither…
Only lose a fuckload of ISK , if i fly a simple fitted Retriever i will die in a gank as well , but will lose less then i gained…

No /thread

Yep…easy ISK among other reasons…

Yep…

There are protected 1.0 areas that gankers are not supposed to operate in. See, CCP cares.

You know people like you have been saying the same thing for over 17 years right and they have all been proven wrong…

Eve is not for everyone…as is any game…

And there you have it…CODE wins again. Do you see their purpose now?

Then why were you flying that very expensive ship? I’m sure you knew the number one rule of EVE right?

I use a Cov in LS because they mine very fast and I go for pure yield knowing that if I am caught, I am dead anyways so…

1 Like

So go punish them. What’s stopping you, besides the fact that you are weak and bad at EVE?

If that happens to often there will not be enough new blood to sustain the game and then NO ONE can play…

Uh, sure, let’s just ignore the fact that EVE had its best era of growth at a time when suicide ganking was even easier than it is now. Making the game safe for risk-averse farmers does not improve player numbers.

2 Likes

It really is harder than you think.

At least, you need a fair bit more experience before deciding on that, from both sides.

Basically there are things that keep you essentially perfectly safe, but the have costs in trade-offs, attention and effort. Ganking someone who has taken those precautions or made those tradeoffs is not easy or rewarding.

Take this as a wake-up call and look into those things. You will feel much better about yourself next time you do make it back to dock with that precious ore!

2 Likes

It’s not.

To gank someone, you need :

• a group of people or alt
  • the money to field ships strong enough to kill him.

And that’s all.

But yes, successfully ganking someone who know what he is doing and has chosen the path of security , with a profit, is much harder than ganking a noob who believes that concord will protect him.

And still a lot of mechanisms are made to make it easy to gank noobs, like warping to jita puts you out of docking radius, or people able to wait for you at jita undock with nades, or the AP that makes you warp at 7km from the gate, or the fact that a hauler actually needs EHP and not rep.

Those mechanisms are dumb, because once you know them you are used to avoiding them, but you need to be told about them in order to find out.

So yes, looking at the number of nades at jita undock, and the amount of ships that are stationary there, ganking is easy.

You also need the knowledge and skills to do it. Ganking in 0.5 is not the same and in 0.9 nor is it the same vs different ship types. Ganking miners is not the same as haulers or mission runners.

It’s not rocket science but it’s also not finger painting :clown_face:

1 Like

BS

Getting one fit and then pressing F1 is not “knowledge and skill”.

2 Likes

If that’s all you think is needed then you don’t know what you are talking about…

2 Likes

If you don’t realize that’s all that can be needed then you don’t know what you are talking about.

How many buttons did he need ?

1 Like

Sorry…I broke my rule of not engaging with you and was quickly reminded why.

1 Like

Because you lack the intellectual skill to acknowledge that what you wrote was stupid.

Also maybe because you actually don’t know what you are talking about. I mean it was obvious when you claim that ganking NEEDS specific skills.

1 Like

No, because you are ■■■■■■■ idiot.

1 Like

says the one who claims something that is obviously false.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how did that person know to hit that specific Heron?

And how did he know how to install the game ?

Please when you fail at making a point do it correctly.

I will not describe every little thing for you, especially since you have now idea what you are talking about.

1 Like

…and of course, you refuse to answer the simple question. Thanks for proving my point to everyone.