Remove suspect flag in local

This is slightly different, but not by much.

Obviously you can kill anyone in LS without CONCORD intervention, but for those interested in preserving sec status, this draws attention to who we can gank while without penalty thanks to suspect flag in local serving as a public service announcement, which is 100% realistic (as in what we already have here on Earth) helps promote PVP since it allows us to exert discretion.

You can’t talk about advocating guerilla style tactics and then how you’re scared of people simply knowing you’re suspect and how you’re going to dock up or leave certain regions of space because of it. If you’re such a guerilla, then slip away like guerillas are good at and operate freely anywhere like guerillas are good at doing regardless of the constant dangers they face. True guerillas operate freely and openly when many pirates and war targets are present in system with or without local (ie. k-space vs w-space)

What you’re really asking for is Carebear PVP/Crimewatch, which is being able to hit without getting hit back. Not going to happen.

Misrepresented again…

That’s not what I’m asking for in the slightest. I’m advocating a slight change that will allow small gangs to engage targets / other small gangs without everybody being alerted to the fact it’s going on. It’s not to say they can’t be found, but that other people should be actively scouting to find them. It shouldn’t even be controversial expecting accounts gathering intel to be actively played, whether that’s dscan or cloaked on grid or something else.

It wasn’t difficult to identify who you could shoot with the old system either.

Despite the lack of relevance to real life I don’t see how it represents what goes on on Earth either. In an area with bad law enforcement, more often than not they likely won’t know who committed a crime, not aware of it until it until the perpetrator has got away and wouldn’t be broadcasting kill rights on who they suspect of the crime and then letting them carry on with their day.

Anyway, that’s my last message, this is getting a bit repetitive, and I need dinner.

Actually it’s not “ridiculous” as that’s the lore. The police in NE do not engage in suspected criminal activity but rather they let people engage so they let everyone know who can freely be engaged…you know because this is a PvP game that YOU are playing.

I could continue poking easy holes in your analogy but it’s kind of pointless.

1 Like

If you took the time to bother reading properly you would see I’m promoting small gang pvp in low-sec. Repeatedly you’ve missed that point and been more interested in trolling. So whatever dude, if you want to win forum points making incorrect assertions based on your imagination or inability to read, be my guest.

It’s anti small groups because it permits larger groups that can project force to be lazy with their scouting. Local does most of the work for them, flashing as soon as anybody becomes active. It’s hard enough being the little guy in New Eden without the client doing most of the work for your enemies.

If you took the time try try and not have it both ways, you might see that all you want is not to be pounced on by a larger group…which is PvP to them but as you would probably lose, that’s not “fair” to you…and therefore should be changed.

You are free to fly what ever size gang you want in Eve but there is almost always a bigger fish than you. Deal with it and don’t whine to CCP for an easy button. You don’t want to blink then don’t do something that makes you blink…it’s common sense.

Also, if you need to resort to calling me names then your argument is weaker and more pathetic than we all though…keep at it if you like though…be my guest.

2 Likes

Ugh. Yet another another Runa post :roll_eyes:

It’s like every time you open your mouth sound comes out of it and it’s annoying adorable

You say something, and it’s automatically wrong right. And do you know why? It’s because you are stupid, you’re ugly, and I hate you you are sweet, you’re cute, and, um, you’re cute.

<insert gorilla picture here> :gorilla:

(hooray for inside jokes! TY FROSTDUDE)

I have to say something constructive so my post doesn’t get flagged and removed, so I’m going to agree with this because it’s true :+1:

2 Likes

It’s really not. The easy button is the suspect flag for larger groups so they don’t have to bother with actively scouting. At no point have I suggested anything that stifles content for larger groups, just that they should have to locate content like every other PVP region of the game - by actively looking for it. I’ve made this point over and over again, but it doesn’t suit the “anti-PVP” narrative the two of you are trying to hijack the thread with.

You realize that a smaller group than you can say the EXACT same thing about your “small group” right? By just blaming the other guys and saying “oh it’s not about us” you are not being honest here. There is no such thing as “larger group content” or “smaller group content”…Eve is what it is.

Yes yes, anyone that disagrees with you is hijacking your thread and a troll…poor you. Maybe ask CCP for a nerf there too, no?

Since when are larger groups the only ones who look at local and care about Suspect flags when it comes to target selection? What makes them more or less lazy than anyone else - and what proof do you have that they aren’t already scouting opportunities out?

Given that suspect-baiting is totally a thing, I’d think a lot of players would be irritated if they lost the Suspect flag in local, since it is one of the ways they can deliberately attract attention.

1 Like

This would be a much more compelling argument if the local flag was used to find targets to engage, not for risk-averse farmers to immediately dock up and hide as soon as local tells them that someone in the system might be doing PvP.

(Not disagreeing with you, just following up on your statement)

I have the greatest respect for carebears and if you look at my forum activity you’ll see I heavily advocate their rights and usually propose ideas to give them a better footing, but here we have a situation where OP wants to commit crimes without an increase in PVP liability, which is ■■■■■■■■. In this one specific context, my reaction is that if they don’t want to face the consequences of their actions (because NOT committing crimes is soooooo hard), then self-imposed docking up is an appropriate punishment for their cowardice. In this one specific context, if carebears steal cans and then they don’t want to come out and play to face their punishment, they can go ■■■■ themselves :upside_down_face: (“guerilla-style tactics” my ass).

The problem is that what you think would promote small gang PvP others think won’t.

Desire and result are not necessarily the same.

I don’t like local at all, but I don’t like this change either.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.