Remove the cloaky warp trick

Tactics are unfair.

Remove creative thought plx

Game will expand or some other bs reason.

5 Likes

Grrrr… Then noting would be created in this game where content is created via player copies another player or come up with something different.

No.

Cloak first, then use MWD. It’s much safer as it lowers your exposure time. Especially if you mess up for whatever reason or have lag.

1 Like

Translation: REEEEEEEEE hauler escaped my lEeT gate camp cuz I don’t understand mechanics and can’t find a way to decloak a big target in 10 seconds (lol). CCP PLX make the game easier.

Go play Fortnite, your whiny noob.

5 Likes

Let me guess. Someone didn’t get the kill they thought they were entitled to, so they thought it was a good idea to made a post about it. Then they were surprised when damn near no one else supports the idea?

Ideas like this are always short sighted. If you take away the mwd cloak trick, it doesn’t mean more kills for you, it means less people daring to travel through space. You are actually asking for less fun for yourself, not more.

With the mwd cloak trick, there is a chance they screw up or suffer some lag and you get a kill.

The last thing Ill say is I find it amazing how naive people can be, like they think people wont adapt to changes. Kinda like all those people who were sure that turning off local chat somewhere would lead to more fights, more players and a better game instead of what it actually led to ( which was most of the space becoming a desert while group like goons huddled up and got stronger…)…

6 Likes

Not to mention, they’ve got a ■■■■■■■ cloak fitted. Those neuter the ■■■■ out of your scan res. A battleship with a cloak trying to lock an AB cepter should finish locking by downtime… a week later. Means that they aren’t as likely to neut out the cepter and warp off before secondary tackle goes up and it’s time to fight.

Translation:
“Hurrr durr I’m camping this gate all day and I can’t get a kill! CCPLEASE!” I am bad at Eve.

4 Likes

That is some serious one-dimensional thinking there. I can just imagine you camping a gate with your friends, when it flashes and you try to unsuccessfully capture that hauler… frustrating… if only he could not use that trick, we would have gotten him…

You are making a simple error. If that trick wouldn’t exist, the ship wouldn’t probably had made that trip in the first place, and so wouldn’t others who you then catched because they screwed up. It would just be a boring evening at the gate camp where nothing happens except the occasional t2 transport you probably can’t catch anyway.

Mechanics like this, intended or not, are simply brilliant. They require some skill from the pilot and they are not 100% fail prove. BUT, they allow the pilot to take the risk to jump into a gate camp while having a good chance to escape. If that chance doesn’t exist, the player will simply not risk to jump his stuff into a gatecamp because he would have zero chance to escape.

What you are asking for here is for less content for yourself. You expect those players to not change their behavior even though their chances to successfully make that trip went from great to nearly impossible.

11 Likes

How do you even get your scan res that high? I say the scan res on any ship should be capped at 2000mm to give more people a chance to escape.

So this Miss Missile guy calls people carebears right after complaining that he can not have easy mode with his playstyle and his posts showing he doesn’t want to adapt either? HTFU perhaps? Carebear solo gatecamper tears are best tears. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :popcorn: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Who would’ve thought an industrial ship carrying billions ISK worth of goods would avoid encounters with a combat ship.

If you can’t catch them before they warp, it’s your fault. Get better at decloaking people moving at 10% speed, and stop asking CCP to make mechanics easier without reasons.

5 Likes

:rofl:
No, sir, it’s a smart move and a legit counter. Let’s reverse roles, put you in a hauler and let you run the gauntlet.

5 Likes

Does he know he can orbit a ship during the one second it is visible ?

Remote sensor boosters, sensor boosters, signal amplifiers, hardwirings, rigs. Once you’re at ~3000mm you can instalock a pod.

Gadget’s right.

You’re angry your easy-mode click-button-receive-bacon 6k scanres method doesn’t work.

Edit: Doesn’t work every single time, I might add. It’s not possible that it doesn’t work at all anymore.

2 Likes

choas

1 Like

So many feeds the troll :smiley:

1 Like

No…

I once took a low tier Minmatar hauler - a wreathe I think - through the Niarja gank pipeline with half a billion ISK in the hold and this was during the heydays of CODE. There were flashy red gankers all over the place. A noob ship could have popped it.

MWD Cloak got me through that. True story. It’s a great tank.

2 Likes

No, ■■■■ off.

2 Likes