Reply with a famous quote

“Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.” – C.S. Lewis

Let the Big Dawg eat.
anonymous

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.” - Roy Batty, Blade Runner

1 Like

“The sun always shines above the clouds.”

Not famous as I’m not famous. But I was having a real bad time and taking off from a wet and grey London airport. Feeling like life was pointless. Then the plane broke the clouds and the sun streamed in on my window seat and I realised that the sun always shines above the clouds, you just have to climb up there to see it.

“My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I ride a Mercedes, my son rides a Land Rover, and my grandson is going to ride a Land Rover, but my great-grandson is going to have to ride a camel again.” - Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum

"You built an empire beyond imagining. The pinnacle of human achievement and the envy of the world. Did you think it would last? The eternal city. A glorious monument to power, culture and learning. But the Old Wolf lies wounded; by jackals; circled by vultures. Worried to death by a thousand, tiny vicious mouths— brought low by your own arrogance. These are the death throes of Rome. The light of civilisation dims and gutters. And if such precious time left to hide your women, for your children to cry, even at the moment of your final defeat you will take no comfort in oblivion. For I am coming for you. I RIDE WITH A MILLION WARRIORS! I BRING THE END OF DAYS!!. I AM!! THE SCOURGE!! OF GOD!!!. And I will watch your world… Burn. - Attila, King of Huns

Dark humor is like food; not everyone gets it

-იოსიფ ვისარიონოვიჩ ძუღაშვილი

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” ( George Carlin )

You Chose

You chose.
You chose.
You chose.

You chose to give away your love.
You chose to have a broken heart.
You chose to give up.
You chose to hang on.

You chose to react.
You chose to feel insecure.
You chose to feel anger.
You chose to fight back.
You chose to have hope.

You chose to be naïve.
You chose to ignore your intuition.
You chose to ignore advice.
You chose to look the other way.
You chose to not listen.
You chose to be stuck in the past.

You chose your perspective.
You chose to blame.
You chose to be right.
You chose your pride.
You chose your games.
You chose your ego.
You chose your paranoia.
You chose to compete.
You chose your enemies.
You chose your consequences.

You chose.
You chose.
You chose.
You chose.

However, you are not alone.
Generations of women in your family have chosen.
Women around the world have chosen.
We all have chosen at one time in our lives.
We stand behind you now screaming:

Choose to let go.
Choose dignity.
Choose to forgive yourself.
Choose to forgive others.
Choose to see your value.
Choose to show the world you’re not a victim.
Choose to make us proud.”

Shannon L. Alder

I’m Mr Meeseeks, look at me!

Mr Meeseeks, 2014

1 Like

“There are these two young fish swimming along and they happen to meet an older fish swimming the other way, who nods at them and says “Morning, boys. How’s the water?” And the two young fish swim on for a bit, and then eventually one of them looks over at the other and goes "What the hell is water?”

― David Foster Wallace, This Is Water: Some Thoughts, Delivered on a Significant Occasion, about Living a Compassionate Life

1 Like

“Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them.” - Spock.

Not famous enough? Fine.

“The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but is, rather, the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity.” – Glenn Gould, late pianist

Nice!

'It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog . ’ Mark Twain.

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.” – Winston Churchill

“is this real life” - Freddy Mercury

“Urgaypwnt” - Xuixien the Wiser

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” -Steve Jobs

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”
― Steve Jobs

“Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise”

― Ted Turner

`We are the Frostpacker, high expectations are futile.

• Uriel the Flame

Do not plant your dreams in the field of indecision, where nothing ever grows but the weeds of “what-if.”

Dodinsky

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

– Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil