Require CCP developer input,

Cheating is probably classed as a breach of contract, that contract being the EULA.

IIRC the policy on PLEX is that the moment it enters the game it’s just another database item and the deal is complete, if it’s otherwise redeemed for gametime etc, then the same is true.

I wonder how legal that actually is if any body of law takes a good look at it.

“Yeah, you paid us money for PLEX, but because it’s an in-game database item, and because we hold full jurisdiction with regard to all in-game database items since we own them, we went ahead and removed the PLEX from your account just because we felt like it.”

Something tells me that wouldn’t fly (in most places).

I think you would be disappointed that the legal system just doesn’t care - it is mostly there provide a sort of moral justification for the people in power - kind of like what the church used to be.

2 Likes

And by some strange coincidence many of the powerful people giving politicians money are the same billionaire game corporations that will never pay the price for their underhanded tactics.

1 Like

That’s probably true.

Like I said, good thing we’ll be dead soon! I ain’t sticking around for the ■■■■-show of having the world regress to the 1600s, but with iPhones.

We all had great timing - we were there for the final pinnacle of human civilization.

1 Like

I kind of like being alive during a late stage extinction event. These don’t happen very often.

3 Likes

In 10000 years they only signs of our civilisation that’ll be left are bits of concrete and a layer of carbon from all the crap we spewed into the atmosphere.

And some radioactive elements that do not occur naturally. And probably styrofoam.

1 Like

And an old Volvo 240.

Whoever is digging up our ■■■■ at that time is going to get really confused about the anatomically-correct realdolls.

They might not even be able to figure out which creature developed the technology. One group might argue it was cows, another might think it was chickens. The guys arguing that the monkeys were the ones that built everything would have trouble making their case. “The primates are barely present in the fossil record.”

1 Like

I don’t actually recall a significant amount of people complaining about how their stuff is gone.
I know they’ve existed, but it wasn’t actually many … and there never was a threadnaught about it.
Or did I miss it?

We don’t even know how many got their stuff replaced by GMs.

I guess it all boils down to the business decision …
… and apparently those, who don’t play, didn’t get out on top.

So many people seem to be having a problem with this …
… and while I understand it …
… I simply can’t sympathize.

1.) They couldn’t just magically teleport the stations into the owners hangars.
It makes no sense to do so. Boom, suddenly all gone. That’s too much of an impact.

2.) They definitely couldn’t just return all the stuff to people who might or might not come back eventually. Makes no sense. The Spamreduction only happened because of the financial outlook. Whoever you knew who claimed that he’s doing it, because “someone would have done it anyway” is either a hypocrite, a liar or dumb.

I’d love to see the original wording of this conversation. In any case, it’s really safe to say that there wasn’t a single ■■■■■■■ person who spent time bashing citadels not hoping for Big Whoop.

And when those stations were destroyed, it wasn’t “boom, suddenly all gone”?

People used the test server to find out which ones would give the biggest payouts before the changes even went live. When the changes hit, it was a mad dash to score the kills.

Funny how Null gets asset safety and Wormholes get an extra 6 wormholes per system.

Null no like competition.

1 Like

Null is where may of my war target carebears ran in order to escape war.

I hold less regard for the average null-seccer than I do for the average high-sec miner.

I think we’ve proven that intelligence is an evolutionary dead end. Every other major extinction was from external forces. Our extinction was our own doing. Cuz wur so smart n stuf

I think that is just the myth we choose to believe. Most of our impacts are incredibly minor, but we like to talk ourselves up like we are important.

1 Like

No, it ■■■■■■■ wasn’t.

Do you understand the difference between “players spending a week actually doing something in the game, creating stories, inviting others” and “one guy writes a script which runs at downtime” ? It looks like you don’t. It looks like you’re forgetting the massive differences in between the two.

I’m well aware of that. My first find was a 30 billion ISK jackpot on Sisi,
of which most stuff sadly got evacuated from. That doesn’t change anything.

You’re just underlining my point. People did it, because of the money.
Most people did not go to Sisi, though and CCP turned that off eventually.

When you use “People”, you need to be aware of the fact that you’re not talking about all people.

The process isn’t important if all processes lead to the same outcome.

Applying the change going forward, and not applying it retroactively, would have been the right thing to do. You can make any number of other arguments, such as “well, it’s better for the game this way,” but that doesn’t change the fundamental truth of the change being unfair.