Research Injectors sold from NES store

ore the entire idea of alphas themself’s

in fact i think there was a point when ccp said they would not go free to play

1 Like

As previously mentioned this same devaluation occurred when CCP added skill injectors into the game, CCP had no issue with that and this isnt significantly different, you have an issue with devaluation but the game devs apparently do not.

I disagree. That you have the SP to do something like this does not negate the fact that people have sunk time into improving their BPOs. Now you want the same thing without the sunk costs.

Why is it new players always make these “oh woe is me” appeals when trying to lobby for an unearned benefit?

I think perhaps you are misunderstanding my comment about skill injectors and devaluation. Before Skill Injectors existed players with say 100 million SP had an investment of years of training in that SP count. On my main i skill injected myself from around 30mil to 130mil SP in less than a year, this is the devaluation of others SP that im talking about. It didnt take me years to reach 100 million SP it took me less than one.

My research injector idea does the same thing and has the same associated cost but with respect to research that older players have that it would take new players years to reach, now it could be done as i did in less than one.

SP buying has been part of the game for a very long time (it used to be called the Character Bazaar). And there is a difference. My SP are a an asset I can recover the value of. That is, I can extract the SP and sell them for ISK. I can, in a sense, recover their value.

Now with your suggestions for BPOs you want to take my time investment, which I can still recover by selling the researched BPOs, and convert that investment into a sunk cost–i.e. one I cannot recover. You want to, via Dev fiat, destroy my investment because you do not want to take the time to research BPOs.

Edit: Oh, and the introduction of SP extractors/injectors actually increased the value of my SP. One of the first things that happened with the change was characters were bought off the bazaar and their SP siphoned off and sold via injectors. The price of characters on the bazaar rose rather quickly.

What you are asking for is literally a hand out at the expense of those who have taken time to take something in game and make it more valuable.

1. You cannot recover their value in full. Once skill injectors became a thing the value of your accumulated SP was lost, not entirely but you took a huge loss. Assume you had an avatar with 10 years of training and i started playing EVE today, the time it would take to skill up an avatar where all the SP were allocated exactly where i wanted them to go would take 10 years to catch up to you BUT assuming you kept playing while i was skilling up my avatar your avatar would now have 20 years of SP. Under the old game rules there was exactly ZERO ways for me to ever catch you in SP. You bring up the bazaar but that did not give me the option of placing the SP of the avatar i bought exactly where i wanted them to go as i can do with skill injectors and they did not have a huge impact on your 10 yr old avatars SP value only a minor one.

2. Just like your SP value of a 10 year old avatar lost a huge amount of value when skill extractor/injectors became a thing under my proposal a similar thing would happen, there is nothing that would stop you from using research injectors yourself to gain more BPO value or anything to stop you from continuing to sell BPOs to people not willing to spend all the ISK or RL money to research up BPOs quickly, so you would retain some of your BPO value but much less than you had before, exactly the same case as skill injectors destroying your SP time investment. As things exist the situation is very much like the bazaar, I can buy only those BPOs that YOU have chosen to both highly research AND that you are willing to sell. As a buyer I might have ZERO interest in the BPOs you or anyone else is willing to sell and all my interest my be in BPOs nobody is willing to sell. If you go on the BPO market and try and find a highly researched BPO for a titan you wont find one, yes if i come up with a rediculous amount of ISK i could get someone to sell me a highly researched titan BPO and they would sell it at its full value since research injectors are not a thing, but if research injectors became a thing that highly researched titan BPO would lose a huge amount of value, just like high SP avatars lost a huge amount of value when skill injectors became a thing.

3. You bring up bazaar avatars again and yes things have changed and yes they probably did go up in value but the impact of bazaar avatar extracting is a finite supply of characters and their over all impact on what skill injectors did to the game is negligible compared to the total impact that skill extractor/injectors have had on the game.

Many high SP avatars people actually play are now being skill extracted, especially alts that have a very limited scope of activities that the person uses them for, for instance i have mining alts that are perfect pilots and so i can now skill extract them, called skill point farming by some, every time that they gain enough SP for me to skill extract them. So the bazaar had a short-term impact on the game while extracting one’s own avatars has had a huge impact on the game and will continue to do so. In short, the bazaar has had very little to do with what skill injectors have done to the game and their impact will become less and less important even though their original importance was never really that great to begin with.

1. Again, skill extractor/injectors destroyed a huge amount of the value that long term players of EVE had in SP value and my idea is basically just a simple, cut and paste, copy of that same model but with respect to BPOs.

What part about “became more valuabel” did you not understand? With injectors characters on the bazaar went up in value not down. You are simply wrong here.

Your second point is thus wrong too.

Your third point contradicts your points in 1 and 2.

Seriously, do you even understand basic economics? Seems like the answer is no.

Just to be sure.

Necro. AGAIN! -.-

A much more valuable question is why in every game i have ever played in do so many people look at one avatar, see it is new and conclude the person playing said avatar is a new player.

I believe it has to do with their inability to think past basic concepts like, that anyone no matter how long they have been playing a game can make another alt that appears inexperienced. It is in fact a trick used in some games to make a newbie alt because those lacking in vision and understanding of simple game concepts will jump to the conclusion the person playing that alt is a newbie and hence will be easy to beat in conflict and find to their horror that that 1 day old avatar murdered them in 10 seconds.

Or maybe it is that bad ideas are correlated with newer players…

1 Like

New players often come up with bad ideas and being cautious of their proposals is warranted but using the statement: “Why is it new players ALWAYS make these…”, notice the emphasized word. It speaks to your inability to ignore the messenger and regard only the message. ‘Always’ is a word that does not allow for the possibility that a new player my propose a great idea, your mind will be closed to it, as this is your nature.

p.s. I have heard your justified arguments and disagree with them, further i have come to realize that this is a tiresome and pointless conversation. I will not be returning to this post but feel free to address me as im sure you will feel compelled to do but you might as well whisper your statement to the wind as i will never see it.

:vulcan_salute:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.