[resolved] 20260507 - Authentication and Connection Errors

I’m not working with network anymore, but I remember ipv4 being one factor and also the border routers mis-configured to not filter invalid outbound traffic.

TCP has this flaw 3 step handshake and the attacker uses a lot of zombie idiots with Windows to attack others, and also botnets sending invalid origin IP address which the border router was supposed to drop.

It’s a hell on Earth, the best solution I know off is to buffer the traffic and figure which ones are real, the ones that replied to the handshake. But that costs money and infra.

Then if the company is not lazy and they don’t mix auth server with game server you can let people play in peace, but the people that did not make in is literally screw’d… At least it is not a total denial, ofc the people outside does not care.

I think ipv6 got that figured out, but somehow we do not migrate to ipv6, I myself always disable ipv6 on my network card, lol.

Again, that’s ancient knowledge on my mind, it may be wrong or outdated. But these attacks are very hard to simply blacklist.

1 Like

dude…stop it…you(again) have no clue what you are talking about…the more you pretend to know the more you out yourself as clueless… stop embarrasing yourself… OBVIOUSLY your ‘knowledge’ is from ANOTHER CENTURY :stuck_out_tongue: We have 2026 anno domini by the way and we don’t use fax anymore…just fyi…

DUDE…i have explained IN DETAIL why this is the case…simply read my post…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.