RESOLVED: Exploit Notification - Rogue Drones and Triglavian standings

CCP is supposed to fix what they broke first.

1 Like

This is so dumb. Lots of players basically streaming out to drone region to get some standing, including my toon got killed in drone region doing this = creating contentā€¦

Now CCP is telling us, nahh, hold onā€¦ dont do thisā€¦ dont go to drone regions.

Im not gonna spend hundreds of hours grinding standing to kill Edencom just to explore new space. And getting attacked by Edencom at the same timeā€¦

It was fun until it lasted. I stopped doing itā€¦

1 Like

This is the first time ive ever wished we could explain the full exploit so these smooth brains would stop braying about not being able to run anoms or what about lvl 4 missions.

Like holy hell, the eve populations general IQ seems to have really fallen off since I lasted visited the official forums

2 Likes

No one want to grind 0.001 standing for trig because CCP canā€™t fix a simple thing

1 Like

uhm someone way above (scroll up) already spelled it out, and running anoms/missions, or what notā€¦ppl that do PvE content, who doesnt shoot everything???

For christ sakes, there is a specific lv3 mission that drops 1/500th of the time a 500 million ISK skillbook if you shoot the right building.

1 Like

Ahā€¦link it :smiley:

Today I run about 10 sites. I donā€™t run them [redacted] which I assume you mean by ā€œspeed boostingā€ but it still not the point.

Speed boosting standings has been happening for years. There is even a standing repair service. If you didnā€™t know that this was unintended because CCP messed up then running a standing repair is par for the course and well within standard gameplay. Farming standings ISNT considered an exploit.

CCP have balanced the factions so that its, difficult, not impossible, to be positive to all sides. Iā€™ve been -10 to Amarr for years now and there is still a way back IF I decided to take it. Or I could use a standing repair service. Why should Trigs be any different ? Because they kill determined by standings ? CCP have stated that this content is completely different and uses different mechanics.

The only way for CCP to fix this will be to have a Trigs and EDENCOM to have zero standings to anyone. The derived standings system works because the entire system is based on who lies each other. and well, comitting mass genocide kinda makes you kill on sight.

Anyone who regularly runs PVE content knows how the system works and this initially looked like it was by design.

IF CCP intend to have Rogue Drones as a standing repair mechanic (like other Factions) then the only real exploit is how those standings are gained. IF CCP didnā€™t intend to have Rogue Drones give a derived gain then Triggies and Eden need to have zero standings to anyone or just to each other.

When the invasion first happened, players were already doing everything they could to play the content and circumvent the standings system. CCP didnt call exploit then.

The ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up and its embarrasing that the blame is being placed on the players for doing something that has happened for years.

1 Like

yea, and doing that isnā€™t an exploit, theres again, another step AFTER blow up the thing that if you dont do, you should be fine.

speed running sites is so not an exploit activity it is ridiculous. there are guides all over youtube showing you how to do it for multiple other sites to maximize isk and loot.

Kinda helpless try to limit chaos. Good luck.

Its not speed running sites bud, its speed harvesting standings, you can force a standings update much faster than intended, speed running sites is ok, doing this particular exploit to rapidly force an increase in standings isnā€™t.

EDIT: As vague as possible so i dont get in trouble, you would go to the anom, blow up one thing, warp somewhere and do a separate thing, and then start the whole process over again in rapid order and you were able to force a rapid increase in standings.

If this is exploit, then bumping ships in combat is also, or ganking people in high sec using catalysts.

1 Like

well not sure what step you think it is, i just shot everything, then looted/salvaged, then warped outā€¦and was very surprised when the standings started coming in.

Your fault for not reading patch notes.

Think you should role back the whole pachā€¦ and try again.

Right, but you shot everything, so you didnt do the exploit.

2 Likes

probably would not be smart to go back doing it though, so im going to go Beta test some lv4ā€™s instead.

Just donā€™t shoot structures and warp out and go to other systems and repeat. Donā€™t do that, theres no reason you would just shoot the structures and rotate without shooting the NPCs. Come on guys letā€™s grow up.

eek, i was trying to avoid this in the explanation as detailing the actual exploit is usually met with a banhammer by CCP

Not our fault they canā€™t double check their code.

3 Likes

It doesnt say in the EULA - Dont shoot structures onlyā€¦ how can this be an exploit ? Its game mechanic, been since I started eve in 2005 ! CCP can just reset standings between edencom and Trigs/ drones to fix thisā€¦ without calling it an exploit. OR change drone sites to give structures 100% resist !

3 Likes