[Resolved] Unexpected Server Issues - System X47L-Q - 2023/03/12

Hey everyone,

We’re aware of a large ongoing fleet fight in the system of X47L-Q and subsequent disconnects - we are currently working on restoring normal connectivity to the system.

Due to the heavy load that the server is encountering, the login times are likely to be longer than expected.

Updates will be posted in this thread as normal activity is restored.

5 Likes

Reserved for updates.

Update: 13:59 - It’s now possible to reconnect, however load times into the system continue to take extended amounts of time. We will continue to monitor the system status for any additional unexpected disconnects.

2 Likes

unexpected server issues, my backside , u knew this fight was happening and yet we get this crapshow , come on sort it out

6 Likes

Is this why the i get a measage saying skill queue is unavailable and why my game is lagging on accounts that are 40 plus jumps away ??
Really CCP

3 Likes

“Unexpected load” also, the fact that everything got rolled back to before DT is just beyond rediculous. Thats just called being biased towards one side of the conflict. Thats messed up.

2 Likes

For both sides this battle was essentially unplayable in any kind of gaming sense. The tidi was sooo bad that no tactics of any kind were really possible. Add to that the crashes/ log in issues (I still cannot get back in) and it really is a total s*** show.

Surely CCP, there has to be a better way?

5 Likes

They didn’t even completely roll it back. The ships that had already been killed trying to escape seem to have stayed dead, the ones that were still alive were moved back to the keepstar, giving the defenders a second chance at killing them while they tried to escape (and made it harder because with less people escaping it ended up with the fire being more focused).

It wouldn’t have been so bad if they had actually just rolled it back completely.

7 Likes

one would think so, in a game that literally lives off the “Biggest pvp battles in gaming” deal

4 Likes

Server can’t alwasy support 4.000/5.000 people and all their commands, not even with 10% Tidi

2 Likes

Lmao, this has been going on for years and you still haven’t got it sorted?

C’mon and get a grip guys, we pay good money for this.

6 Likes

Where is the update about the rollback 3 hours after DT to downtime state?

I survived the fight… got d/c’d and then I didn’t survive the fight… basically double kills on the defender’s side as everyone who was already dead stayed dead, those who survived got picked off. These kinds of server issues should be unacceptable with server infrastructure potentially available in 2023…

1 Like

Honestly the roll back was terrible… the dcs ok. Sure whatever. But rolling back like 3 hrs while keeping those who died in that time dead, and those who got out put back at 0

1 Like

This happens when you keep on implementing new “graphical features” (that nobody asked for, btw.) instead of dealing with vital game issues.
No surprise to me what happened whatsoever.

4 Likes

indeed

Putting art devs on server performance problems will not have the outcome you think it will

4 Likes

That is exactly what hapoened to me…and many, many others. The entire battle was a farce. I think maybe the best way forward for CCP would be 100% reimbursement for ships lost in X47L during the battle, on all sides. That at least would be an acknowledgement that the node reinforcement system completely failed this time.

1 Like

You think I have expected any “outcome” of my criticism? Dream on @Drake_Iddon !

years ago a node wouldn’t handle more than 200-300 concurrent players before totally dying.

Thousands attend now. don’t show up to the big fights if you have a problem with it.

It’s remarkable how many people think that the fundamental issues that allow these crashes to happen can be fixed just like that.

Can’t rip out the foundations of something you’ve spent two decades building atop of, and nobody wants a new game. It is what it is.

If they really did fix it, you’d all be crying about a year long content drought and quit, and it would be all for nought.

1 Like

Before, everyone kept talking about why there wasn’t a new alliance rising up to overthrow the old one’s rule. Now you’re telling me, how can we possibly do that? It’s already so difficult for just keepstar, let alone an ihub. The real reason this game is declining is because of the terrible servers.

1 Like