Resource Redistribution Update

Who says they weren’t? Do not assume that all industry players are as weak and lazy as the people threatening to ragequit over CCP making the game a little harder.

CCP have really broken Eve now with no more ICE why is everything about PVP in this game! Ice is spawning much less so please how do you expect some players to survive…

I bet the Gankers are loving it though!

7 Likes

Because EVE is a PvP game.

4 Likes

PVP is what drives the economy, a ship being blown up generates a demand then there are suppliers who feed that demand and make profit. The ship is blown up again and the cycle continues.

Human nature shows us there are people who want to get mobilised faster, meaning they are happy to pay an extra fee and get more skill points or isk and replace their ships without having to mine/rat for it. CCP have just created a mechanism that generates real life money through human desire, PVP is a means of creating a demand which can generate large sums of real life money.

What exactly is the problem? Nocxium can be refined from six variants of asteroid ore. It can be bought from the market.

I’m a solo player and I’ve started mining because of this ore redistribution, specializing in isogen and nocxium. Seems to be profitable as well.

4 Likes

After realizing WH space has Kernit, Omber and Pyroxeres, it get realy lucrative to mine them with a small fleet. Well yes the Belt is gone fast in one hour, but with the prices in the Moment, its active Baiting in WH space :slight_smile:

btw. Shot the dame Athanors in some Systems …

Really lucrative? Kernite (~60 ISK), Omber (~40 ISK) and Pyroxeres (~90 ISK) have some of the lowest mineral content value per m3 of all the ores currently. They are absolutely terrible to mine lol

1 Like

If you wait to offer the carrot until the beast is dead from all the stick you’ve been using… you’re doing the stick and the carrot wrong.

7 Likes

Comporess it :slight_smile: and fly it to Jita my friend.
Well we still have Akranor and Bistot.

R4 Moons Mats a still cheap and low price. We mined one hour in the Moon Belt…aprox 30m we get out with T1 Barges…

In the Same time we get 200m + in an
Ordinary Perimeter Deposit - EVE University Wiki

as i said.
CCP should also reduce R4 Moon Mats in the other Moon ores …

Ore Refined Value
Veldspar 249.33 ISK
Scordite 99.60 ISK
Pyroxeres 90.25 ISK
Plagioclase 174.39 ISK
Omber 40.57 ISK
Kernite 60.81 ISK
Jaspet 238.49 ISK
Hemorphite 241.73 ISK
Hedbergite 304.96 ISK
Gneiss 279.68 ISK
Dark Ochre 199.59 ISK
Spodumain 331.26 ISK
Crokite 462.17 ISK
Bistot 149.13 ISK
Arkonor 105.83 ISK

Sadly there is no point in mining some ores at the moment. You’ll bring in 2.5 times more mineral value by safely mining Veldspar in hisec than mining Arkonor.

The mineral content and risk/reward are totally out of whack, and that will last a while until the stocks of what should be ‘harder to get’ minerals right now are used up.

3 Likes

Hold up. I haven’t paid much attention to Eve the last couple of months but I am aware of the ore changes. I’m not sure if the change to loot refine minerals has been applied yet but I can tell you I have been able to do ok from the current loot refine yield using a character with good standing for the refinery at NPC station.

Current loot refine wouldn’t support constant PVP and loss where I live but it definitely supported my market operation, I was able to build almost all T1 modules in Stain 0.0 and have them on market for a good few years with the only source of mineral income being loot refine.

So if there is an increase in minerals for refined loot coming soon maybe you should try and hold out until then and see how it goes. In todays Eve you have to be prepared to adapt. I think for now you should forget about mining and have a look at missioning with your buddies and having some great convo while you do it.

A corporation with 10 to 15 active players missioning and group refining loot should be able to manufacture the ships they need with no problem.

A couple of thoughts about recent changes: The afk miner is no more, people who did that will have to be active and pay attention. I also think the change to refine loot should have been applied at the same time ores were removed.

2 Likes

Well you’ve finally done it. Have ben playing this game for about 15 years now and the recent ore changes just pushed me to my limits. I am giving up my omega account when it expires. Have ben through your bungling to make it easier for the nubes (this was understandable learning curve was drastic then), changing scanning, over hauling the ships but taking the ore out of the anomalies and some of the lesser ores out of high sec finished it. Starting to be like the star wars game that chased everyone off, which is one of the reasons I moved to eve. At one time we were suppose to be able to walk around in stations. That never happened. So if I want a strictly pvp game I will move on to something else. Its ben fun. Oh by the way you have chased off the other members of my corp. one member per change.

6 Likes

You can’t afk mine in null it’s suicide. There is plenty way’s to gank you, and since miners are static - it happens.
I even don’t mine afk in hi-sec, then I don’t get profit. =)

Because EVE is a PvP game

Not only… but maybe soon.

its not, it is a sandbox game

7 Likes

It is a PvP sandbox game. PvE elements are incidental to its primary purpose and a PvE-only play style is not supported.

nope, just a sandbox where you also can do pvp

10 Likes

{citation needed}

Every aspect of EVE is defined by PvP. Industry is PvP, market trading is PvP, combat is PvP. In every part of EVE besides combat PvE (its least interesting and relevant content) you are engaging in adversarial interactions with other players and your success or failure is determined by how well you compete against them. And combat PvE is a menial grind that few people would be interested in except as a means to obtain resources for PvP activities.

you said it is a pvp game, yet you never provided a citation :slight_smile:

btw pvp is not so interesting, in fact it is the least interesting and no reason to be here.
much other player intaeractions are more interesting and more reason to be here. at least for me.

2 Likes

Please look up the definition of PvP before you discuss any further.

A game without internet might be true PvE. As soon as it is online, any aspect of interaction with other players for profit or advantage is PvP.

You can’t just make up your own definition. Here is a short definition from Wikipedia:

PvP can be broadly used to describe any game, or aspect of a game, where players compete against each other.