Resource Redistribution Update

Nope. Industry is PvP. Even if you replaced all of the players buying stuff with NPC buy orders you would still be competing with other players to fill those orders. To make it PvE you’d have to have an unlimited number of buy orders at a fixed price so that everyone who wants to sell an item succeeds, at which point you’ve completely gutted EVE’s economy and replaced it with a new menial grinding game that is EVE in name only.

You’re still grossly mis-informed (or, more likely, wilfully mis-representing) about the PvE side of the game however.

Not really. Somewhat more challenging content exists but let’s be honest here: the majority of PvE is nullsec farming, and the close second is highsec mission farming. And even the “advanced” PvE is still pretty menial. All of it has been solved and can be reliably farmed if you follow the standard solution.

Would you also prefer for security status and CONCORD intervention to be removed, in order to allow free PvP interaction anywhere?

Cannibalizing an entire crowd of players isn’t a good idea, as wolves need healthy and fat sheep to eat, otherwise they’d just be killing themselves until no wolves were left.

After the sheep are gone, the lone wolves would be the easiest pickings for wolf packs, then when these are gone, the weakest packs would become the new target, and so on, until a single entity is left present, with no one to fight besides themselves.

Also, IMO, your PvP term is way too broad.

There’s a reason why things like industry and PvP have separate tags in the recruitment forum, because at the core, both are different parts fo the game, even if they interact in one way or another.

Certainly, mining and manufacturing can be considered as indirect, or logistics PvP, however, the core of the PvP term is combat, real players killing each other for killmails and entertainment.

5 Likes

Nope.

Cannibalizing an entire crowd of players isn’t a good idea, as wolves need halthy and fat sheep to eat, otherwise they’d just be killing themselves until no wolves were left.

They really don’t. In fact, too much emphasis on slaughtering helpless sheep makes a PvP game worse because it’s the least interesting form of PvP and not many PvP players are going to keep playing a game where victory is automatic.

the core of the PvP term is combat, real players killing each other for killmails and entertainment.

Nope. In fact, EVE going beyond this narrow definition of PvP is IMO a key part of why it has been successful. The game is built on conflict at every level and that keeps players engaged, if PvP was just about killmails EVE would have died a long time ago just like countless other games where combat PvP is the only PvP.

3 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine we’ve found a side effect of the update.

After resource redistribution ore asteroids are gone from asteroid belts is 0.0s.

Now when Blood Raider “invasion” happens, there’s no way to fight it back as NPC miners can’t mine, so NPC Hauler doesn’t appear, so NPC hauler doesn’t warp to Blood Raider Sotyo, so there’s no way to probe its location.

And the system with Blood Raiders get “cursed” by them, they roam around, they reinforce structures and there’s no way for players to fight them back.

This looks very-very unfair for players got structures caught in the system, as NPCs repeatedly reinforce them. And very unfair to those players looking for Blood Raider Sotyo, as it’s now locked in particular systems and can’t be found.

4 Likes

Simply curious? I had Omega three accounts. It took me 90 days to get all three on one day. ( One account every 30 days for three months.) What are the subscription numbers? Not interested in opinions? Like to know what the RAW data is??

“Hi, please give me commercially sensitive data that competitors could use, just because I’m curious”

Ahh, OK so if you broaden the definition of PvP wide enough, it eventually fits your definition. Cool.

And yeah, mission content and general AI would be more fun if there were greater variation, this I also agree with. And there are methods to defeat all forms of scripted / AI content, sure. Just as there are ways to defeat all forms of PvP combat - either with enough dudes, or with enough experience.

Still, my argument still stands in that YOU do not get to decide what type of play people choose, and it’s the height of arrogance to do so.

16 Likes

I’ve seen some very experienced pilots lose billion isk ships in null to npc combat.

Also, I think they may have to revise the ore changes there’s no ores in NPC 0.0, asteroid belts will always be part of a solar system, I think there does need to be a 3 or 4 respawnable rocks in every belt otherwise it makes no sense calling those sections of space asteroid belts if there’s never any ore spawns.

I’m not affected by the changes, I’m just suggesting what should happen.

If I may, I don’t think anyone is trying to decide what playstyle you choose. They are trying to tell you the consequence of having a non pvp playstyle. In my opinion any playstyle one adopts should only be dictated by the environment around them. So if they are in a game which has 1000s of human players pvp’ing then it makes sense to be knowledgeable about pvp so that you can better avoid them if you choose a more passive in-game role such as mining.

You are going to have a difficult game if you do a passive role and choose to remain completely ignorant of pvp. I really think it’s time players like yourself accepted this and stopped complaining.

Ohh, this doesn’t really apply to me - I love a good rumble and happily dock and re-ship as needed to get some content delivered to my doorstep. However, there’s a few of the more ‘passive’ types that I fly with, and Merin taking upon themselves to say that they’re playing the game wrong, or whatever, is where I take issue.

As my points in other threads go into more detail, I find Merin’s arguments self-defeating and only really focussed on giving them what they want (i.e. forcing their playstyle on everyone else) - complaints about everyone docking up, complaints about blobs and unfair defence fleets. It’s just a self-absorbed whine, ultimately.

11 Likes

Well this patch didn´t fall well with the community. Quite obviously right?

I´m not a hard core miner, but still I invested many weeks of training reprocessing with focus on Spodumain and Hemorphite since I operate in W-space. TOTALLY WASTE of time. What a cluster f-up.

My suggestion roll this patch back and re-think! OR AT LEAST make it possible to extract mining skills for free so we can spend it on something else that u can nerf/trash to kingdom come.

2 Likes

Its a two way door.

All exclusionists are just moaners

1 Like

Or… you can use those reprocessing skills to reprocess imported Compressed Spod…
It’s not like the skill is useless even for WH’s, why would CCP give you free extraction.

1 Like

wish i read this before i subscribed 3 toons for a whole year… lol… eve is ruined

6 Likes

Prices of ores are exploding now in high sec, like Kernite used in storyline missions, amazing profit selling it at mission hubs.

Still no Ore in Null sec Belts 0.0–0.5 emptiness… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
below -0,5 we have Arkonor(200-300 units per chunk) and Mercoxite (30 Ores per chunk!) It is 1 cycle with both miners. Is this some sick joke? You say go mine SOV belts? Hello? How we can rise level for SOV belts if we HAVE NO ORE TO MINE??
You say go mine moons! Alright, but before we can SERIOUS mine moon we must wait aprox. a Month to get that chunk coming for blow up! (And it is mined out in 2-3d) 30 days waiting for 3d mining. :nerd_face:
Hey CCP - you wont do anything about this? Because right now mining in null-sec. is dead, Mining is dead baby! Mining is dead…

6 Likes

And if by some means you get to spawn sov anomalies, you´ll find that the ores there are worth mining less than R4 moon ores.

No, literally, Zeolites Sylvite and Coesite give you more isk/m3 than Pyroxeres and Arkonor, with Bistot being just a little higher and still worse than many R8

I´m just confident that we are in the bottom and from now on there will be just buffs, and not only in the amounts of ore because if the distribution and the yield keeps the same, null mining is just senseless.

1 Like

I had one toon subbed for a year and a few others on monthly but I quit eve a while ago due to the changes; it was fun up until when it wasn’t anymore. I wish the remaining players all the best.

It was a cool game.

3 Likes

You can set the moon miner to run on a 7 day cycle, won’t give you as much to mine but it WILL give you a quicker ramp up on the industrial index.

Will take a couple of weeks to build up the system, but once you get above 100% of 5, you’re golden my friend.

Even so it’s pretty dumb mechanics, need mining to raise index, and have no ores to mine.

5 Likes

Same.I really loved this game back in the old days.FY Ccp

2 Likes