Resource Redistribution Update

Have you actually touched this game within the last 4 years?

2 Likes

At least they didn’t forget WH’s this time, they screwed them over, but they didn’t forget them. I think the blog said something about more gases, I’ve noticed a large drop in T3 cruisers flying around since the very OP Trig ships arrived. So have are more gases helping Worm holers?

3 Likes

Ore scan downs would mean relic hunters actually have a purpose in 0.0, rather than just being looters and pillagers.

Who mines in belts now that there are moon drills with guns?

Does the CSM really care about miners, when the big blocks just scale out with more rorquals?

More stuff getting shipped to Jita 4-4 isn’t improving the game, it makes it worse.

Bring back some form of passive moon harvesting. R64’s used to draw a lot of blood.

LOL. This is only a good change if miners start making 20 mil/tick like ratters do.

SSSSH!

Do you really expect them to say yes?

Random ice belt generation would be a huge improvement, makes everyone move around.

Do you know any Rorquals in Providence that lived long enough to pay for themselves?

The most extracted skill was mining barge. It would be very CCP to turn around and change the ecosystem to make people and put all those points back.

Well, incursions pay out half as much, since CCP took away half of them. When they take away half the ores, then complain.

Wasn’t fozziesov supposed to spread conflicts out, and therefore reduce the load on any one node?

Check if your character is missing it underpants and then you’ll know what the answer is.

Euro, not dollars.

Really good point, this will just drive more people to stay in the ‘safe’ space of eve.

Production taxes could be doubled and its still not enough.

It needs to go back to being an off grid booster that just sits in a POS.

Yes. The only hope is that they destroy each other.

Yeah, its like people in rust who still chop down trees to get wood, rather than mining stone and trading in outpost.

Where’s the clip of Diablo on Mobile getting announced?

2 Likes

so once again the miners have been humped. All CCP have done over the past few years is take from the miners. I mine to build ships to bring content into the game and its getting to the point where it isn’t feasible anymore.

24 Likes

CCP’s relentless effort to get players to pay for PLEX with real currency, rather than honestly earned ISK, brings a sad smile.
By reducing ISK income, players are forced to pay in cash.
CCP won’t get my money.
I recommend CCP to come up with a shell for 10kkk to the core of the citadel. After all, the kernel is probably unstable. Smile.

9 Likes

:red_circle:

Then you are clueless. Most people do not enter these fights because they are awesome. They enter them because it is necessary to preserve what you own. This is a big difference. If you do not get the difference, you are part of the problem.

Something like that. It is not hated because of the system. It is hated because of the unrewarding tedium that you have to go through even if you are completely uncontested. Just like most other features CCP introduces, it’s not fleshed out and not fully thought through. The person talking nonsense is you.

Let me tell you something from experience: There was a time when Goons invaded Deklein to kick the sov holders there out of their space. In the process of that war there was one battle in Fade where several battleship fleets fought in a system over multiple grids. The majority of the fleets stayed on one grid, but 2 fleets split off to attack the cyno jammer of the system so that the attackers could bring in their supers and suffocate the battle. While the battle ended badly for the sov holders, it was an amazingly good and actually fun experience with minimal tidi and lag. But more importantly, it demonstrated how meaningful elements of system control can lead to branching off battles on different grids which leads to a better experience overall. This is what I want to see for Keepstar fights and other big targets.

This is not what they are doing. They are screwing over everything to fakefix their mistakes. This is bad development practice and it is not removing the damage that is already done.

When I ask for fixes and suggest actual fixes, I expect fixes, not more annoyance that CCP sells as fixes, but which in fact are just lame, shortsighted and easy ways to patch a breaking apart system. My mind is made up. The minds which are not made up are yours and CCP’s.

2 Likes

Indeed I have, not like rorquals are gonna make much of a difference when your having trit shortages now lmao. They aren’t about to remove something that’s been in the game for years. And also, rorquals are flying money pits if you drop on them and wait 8 minutes

Having talked with them, yes, yes they do care. EVE’s an engine. you need everything to work, or it stalls out. Including supply.

2 Likes

Stop playing EVE wrong!
EVE is a sandbox game which clearly means we should only do what our lord CCP considers good!
Therefore we must all fly only corvettes (or frigates if you are feeling rich) and explode every 10 minutes.
If you not exploded by 11th minute you are playing wrong

23 Likes

I got news for ya. I’ve been playing for almost 8 years, it was the indy, research and a drive to be able to build everything in the game that kept me here, very little interest in pew, pew. If this was strictly a war game, i would have been done with it, in about 3 months. Not everyone is here to blast stuff

37 Likes

If you can’t read or understand my point at all, don’t reply

I just came back to the game since 2004 and the last 2 months I have been skilling up for high-sec mining on two accounts and now you do this? Maybe I’ll go back to wow after all.

9 Likes
  • More movement in Lowsec - and potentially more destruction
  • Increase of mining ship losses

Am too new to go in depth… but that doesnt seems like a very good thing for new and casual players…
Nothing left in high sec and prob more gankers?

10 Likes

I’m sure CMS’s caring about ALL aspects of the game is more of an after-thought, once they get their interests met.

5 Likes

This is bad in so many ways. I know it’s not CCP’s fault but this came at the worst possible time. Data is skewed massively. The world pretty much went in to lockdown at the same time. Normal “gaming” time is up hugely as people across the globe are forced by governments to stay at home. Of course right now, mining values, trade values etc are booming. if this happened last year, things would be greatly different. At normal player time spent in game, this would have a disastrous effect on the market. It would cripple alliances large and small. The issue isn’t the distribution, it’s the bots. This change weakens regular players, doesn’t affect bots that much. Rorqs are now pretty much useless in null sec apart from moon mining ops, which have lost value too since the removal of standard minerals.

This is was the wrong time to try this rebalance, the data is above average. Once the global pandemic settles and people return to regular life, then try this. Your data will be very different.

6 Likes

im just waiting till Corona is gone and the playerbase drops below 10k

13 Likes

:red_circle:

I would not say so. It can stay on grid but it ought to be limited to 1 active indu core per grid. Panic and Excavator yield need to be limited to ships with active indu core. That way, only one Rorqual is feasible per grid and most mining comes from barges and exhumers that the Rorqual boosts. Barges and exhumers are much easier to engage and destroy.

Good example for how taxes are not a limiting factor. You could just limit production slots again. Probably not for anything sub-capital because that is what fights should be fought with, but capital production and up should be severely limited and severely distributed. Docking for Supers and Titans should be removed as well, if we are at it. Those things would go a long way of fixing some issues.

Miners and indy people don’t want you exploding their ship on sight either, just because you “want to do that gameplay”. But apparently some people are quite ok with enforcing gameplay until this is the gameplay they like.

10 Likes

Very exciting.

Now that ore trading is going to be more important, please consider reducing the need to trade three types of ore sub-types per ore type.

Make the vast majority of veldspar just plain veldspar and make concentrated and dense veldspar much rarer but give increased mineral amounts (like +50% +100% respectively).

I also question the removal of ore anoms from hi-sec. This encourages players sticking to one place and removes the exploration/mine combo that supported player interaction.

Plus I can already hear @Nevyn_Auscent sharpening a boomerang with malicious intent cause you kinda screwed the Aussie time zone by removing anoms…

5 Likes

So nullsec alliance fleets after helping triglavians PVE will now stay in highsec on duty to kill NPC mining fleets in order to be able to mine some tiny amounts of Tritanium? Good stuff.

1 Like