Resource Redistribution Update

I find the constant tinkering with the game mechanics and their constant efforts for finding ways to disadvantage players and causing investment loss distasteful.
I think the time has come to reconsider MY investment in this game.

Doc

5 Likes

@ CCP AURORA TYVM :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Bye ! :slight_smile:

Correct, the trick you’re describing just gets you into warp quickly. You do not warp cloaked.

Yeah, that’ll do it, too.

Welcome to MMOs. Basically every MMO in existence is a tug-of-war between players figuring out how to optimize things better than the developers thought was possible, and the developers trying to compensate for that. In most MMOs, where the ‘main’ challenge is PvE, this takes the form of developers leaning heavily on ramping up the difficulty and the damage numbers, and then tossing out escalating stats on gear in order to let the players catch up. By the time the players are fully geared up, they’ve progressed past having that encounter on ‘farm status’ all the way to ‘come on, give us new content, this is boring’.

Stat inflation and new tiers of crafting materials have the effect of depreciating the value of the old stuff. Gold itself becomes less and less valuable. When an MMO comes out, 10g items on the AH are a big deal. 15 years in, 1000g isn’t an excessive price tag.

In EVE, though, there’s no escalating gear. There’s no real PvE raid content. There’s only each other. There’s no endless progression of gear tiering. EVE is still using T2/T3 equipment. LotRO’s up to 13 tiers of crafting. I can’t even remember how high WoW is now. So the challenge for developers is completely different, and they don’t get to just start over on the next bracket of 10 levels. Imagine having to balance current WoW PvP gear… with Level 10 gear from the Silverdeep Mine, or the Van Cleef drops.

Imagine if every single ore spawn by endgame was all copper, and every single item of every tier was made with the same crafting mats you can collect in the newbie zones.

This is not an easy thing to figure out, and every time CCP tries… we go in and optimize. We throw tens of thousands of human brains at solving puzzles maybe 20 brains designed. So yeah. We will always out-think them. By sheer brute force, we’ll stumble onto better solutions than they expected. It’s more inevitable than megalomaniac villains in superhero movies. So those 20 brains need to keep finding ways to shake things up, and make people keep needing to find new solutions.

4 Likes

OMG its almost like they are making a GAME which provides CHALLENGING GAMEPLAY and ADVERSARIES to overcome

FML 2020 now includes videogames which are not supposed to provide entertaining challenges.

And in b4 “hurr hurr this is EvE, theres nothing fun about it hurr hurr” and “Rats arent challenging hurr hurr”

Edit: sorry Aunty Arrendis, didnt see youd said that but using the big words just there

3 Likes

lol. np.

1 Like

I’d rather they added some alternative massive resource sinks for people to choose whether to spend it on bilding ships or something else. Like citadel quantum cores, maybe?

What if you could rig bigger ships to suicide ram them into citadels. “EM Station Shield Penetrator GF9000” to be able to bypass shield timer, “Disarm DQ-6 Quartering Device” to be able to bypass armor timer, “Core Nucleous Infiltrator WTF-i01” to bypass hull timer. So you fit all 3 of them to destroy a station in one shot. L rigs to remove an Astrahus, XL for a Fortizar. Say they strip ships own resists and have some other major drawbacks, like cant fit modules, etc. Forbidden and concordable if fit in highsec (or not).

But the rigs costs 1.5-2x as much in minerals as a citadel to build. So its a guaranteed resource sink unlike structure bashing fleets.

1 Like

Well, then nobody would use them.

I mean, really, if people want a structure dead, it’s dead. There’s no need to go saying ‘We will suicide X number of ships into this’ when you can just, you know… shoot it.

One of the big problems CCP’s got is: we don’t tend to waste money. We figure out the best, cheapest way to do things, and we do it. All those super-expensive incursion ships? They’re super expensive because they don’t die that way. So they don’t have to be replaced. A 3bn ISK Vindicator w/blingy modules is less expensive than a dozen Megathrons that all blow up, even insured.

If you design an expensive way to do something as a ‘guaranteed kill’… we just won’t do it. Why would we? It’s just easier (and cheaper) to bring more guys. The only people who’d be tempted to use it are the smaller groups who can less afford to eat the cost of it.

1 Like

Can I have your stuff? Thanks

Yeah, you will have to bet it with Plex :slight_smile:

This made me lol.

It’s funny that the Prospect wasn’t at all popular and now with recent changes its about to become the ship every hisec pilot trains for.

1 Like

What does DEV stand for? Dedicated Evil Villain? Changing the minerals to what you are proposing is crazy. Do you even have the slightest clue as to how many different kinds of minerals go into a freighter or, for that matter, any capital ship? I am quite sure there are much more viable solutions to the ‘problem’ you are referring to. The removal of ore anomalies in hi-sec is where miners/manufacturer get some of the normally low-sec and null-sec minerals. Being forced to buy more minerals will mean the cost of EVERYTHING is going to go right through the roof. If you have never built anything, try look at any blueprint and you just might understand exactly what it takes to produce the vast assortment goods in the game.

3 Likes

You aren’t. You could always find the courage to leave highsec and get those minerals yourself.

Find the courage to leave hi-sec… hmmm… sounds like someone just wants to have more easy to kill mining ship targets.

3 Likes

Why do you assume that you must make yourself easy to kill? That’s the highsec perma-victim mentality, and why highsec players almost never add anything of value to EVE.

1 Like

Get some friends, fly a Porpoise fleet, you have loads of remote reps, heavy drone DPS. More than enough to scare lone pilots off.
Or just buy minerals. If you weren’t making a profit compared to buying minerals on the market you were actually making an opportunity loss before anyway, and just didn’t realise it.

I will be canceling my sub thanks to this change to the game. No idea what you people were thinking

1 Like

Reading the Dev blog is a great way to know what the Devs were thinking, considering they explain it there.