Resource Wars Info Thread

Summoning @CCP_Turtlepower
Any plans on LP store rewards revamp? Any statistics on ppl participating activity?

1 Like

o7

Sorry, no news right now, we’re currently planning what comes next.

Fly safe!
CCP Turtlepower

1 Like

So there is not a Dev or DEV Team to monitor how good or bad this whole activity turned out to be?

OK o7

But it seems like a waste of the whole development cycle to me.

1 Like

yeah because we all no how easy it is to take a fob to end the menace that limites you from traveling in certain ships right??? thank got they don’t scram and web or people trying to warp off a gate would be screwed.

1 Like

I’ve been trying these out. The first time I went to a Limited site the two Dramiels actually destroyed the Orca, the Fed pilots ignored them completely. I didn’t even know what happened, suddenly I failed.

That hasn’t happened since, I made sure I grabbed aggro off the Orca at the start, otherwise they just unload on it.

Anyone been successfully soloing these? And what fits do you use?

1 Like

yes. I used a venture . with AB, extender, and miners in high.

Oppression is real. Fight the oppressor! :fist:

even devs abandoned their content one could call it extra dead content now

1 Like

I don’t think it’s bad content as such. I think no one runs it because the rewards are so lackluster. People do Faction Wars because of the LP store, people do lvl 4 missions for the bounties and LP store.

The only things worth it in the Resource War store is a unique skin that is destroyable, and a jacket you can buy off the market from someone whos already got the LP to buy it.

That’s not much incentive.

Either the ISK payouts would have to get high enough for people to take notice, or the store filled with items that have demand on the open market.

3 Likes

I would beg of the devs to make one change: for crying out loud let Endurance be allowed in something!

Capture

I realize the point of some of the (lower level) missions is to encourage group play, but the tristan is allowed in so— it is more than possible to solo in a frigate already… why not use the one made for this ><

2 Likes

CCP has long forgotten about RW.

LP store is still a joke.

2 Likes

Abandoned, not forgotten, actually “we’re not going to spend any more time on this feature the players told us would be DOA before it launched” abandoned.

2 Likes

i enjoyed it when it came out not sure if people are still running the sites anymore tho
also not sure if there are more factions or is it just caldari
i dont really fly caldari ships so not much interest in the skins for me

2 Likes

There are RW sites for every empire. You just need to move to that empire’s space.

But yeah, the fact that the LP you get from them is essentially worth negative isk has been a huge hindrance to it picking up. It’s mind blowing that CCP doesn’t try to fix the rewards to motivate players to engage with the content because it is otherwise good content, just not good enough to be spending isk to engage with it.

Offering the right rewards would be such a quick fix. I guess figuring out what “the right rewards” are is beyond the effort they are willing to put in :confused:

2 Likes

You do know the skins are single use only and are tied to that ships hull only.

If it dies you loose the skin.

1 Like

yes i know

1 Like

I like the idea of mining under damage pressure.

I like to have to move several systems.

I think the rewards are crap but the main idea is good.

A lot of us think this way I expect and yet CCP are abandoning RW.

The crazy thing is we told them in the SISI feedback threads that the feature would be DOA unless they changed the rewards.

This whole abandonment smacks of them not being able to admit we were right and they were wrong. Its spiteful.

1 Like

And par for the course.

:wink:

I have tested Resource Wars and Im very disappointed. Profit is very low, even when done in group, comparing to soloing missions same level. Extra effort for forming fleet should give much higher rewards comparing to missions done solo…
LP points are almost worthless - there is nothing useful in LP store. Rewards in isk costs more than market value… and having only T1 items to buy for LP (even not named meta) is very bad.
Feature seems to be only aimed for new players, but even new players will be disappointed they wasted time on this when they start doing missions.
Idea is nice - players grouping and mining together, difficulty also is fine. Rewards needs to be seriously tweaked tho, otherwise it will be dead feature.

3 Likes