Response to the Blooder Attack in Anath

I need no court.

If I can lay my hands upon Chakaid, he will suffer for a thousand years. And when that millennium is over, he will suffer for ten thousand millennia more.

In the meantime, as he has identified Anath IV as his location, I will be attempting to lay my hands upon Chakaid.

5 Likes

How foolish.

Come and stop me. Bring every friend you’ve ever had. Bring the entire 24th to Anah. Form up in your golden ships. See how many of them ever return to your pathetic little pretend war.

3 Likes

Hey, don’t let me stop you.
I mean, as a law-abiding citizen of the Empire, I am certainly appalled and disgusted at your publicly stated intentions to lay your hands on the esteemed Aga-Count, but am most certainly powerless to do anything about, given our differences in skill, experience and power. I’ll also be powerless not to buy you a beer if you succeed. Hell, I may just be terrified into buying two.

3 Likes

You are dealing with powers that you cannot comprehend.

I welcome you to illuminate me.

Fine. Delve is home to the largest, most powerful capsuleer group in the cluster. Every day, hundreds of billions, maybe even trillions of ISK is made, from mining, exploration, and the destruction of Blooders. The Imperium supercapital fleet is second to none. At a moment’s notice, I could form a fleet of a hundred plus pilots to go kill more or less whomever I wanted. Other, more prestigious names–like Arrendis–could get more.

Most of these pilots have no actual allegiance to any empire. They enjoy their independence and the thrill of combat. So, when an Imperium pilot gets presented with the chance to go kill something, or someone, they’ll take it. Believe me, I spend a significant amount of time in my Aeon waiting to drop on someone.
(Of course, I am a loyal servant of House Sarum, so I would never drop on the Kingdom without orders.)

Anath is two jumps out of Delve. If Chakaid shows up, he will get shot. His ships will get shot. This isn’t a threat, simply recognition of a fact. Like gravity or Gallente hedonism. If all the pilots in the 24th Crusade arrived to Anath to try and fight the Imperium, they would lose. Badly. If the Kingdom committed a supercapital fleet that was less than a thousand ships, they would lose. Badly. Probably more, to be honest, considering how easily I kill Blooder Titans on my own in a single supercarrier.

People really do not like Chakaid. So, maybe he should stick to running his new planet and leave Kadorian space to Lady Kador.

3 Likes

I think Ali is talking about Ali and I think maybe you don’t want to know? She does things to people and she is very good at it.

3 Likes

There is nothing here I “cannot comprehend”. Most of it seems largely irrelevant.

Lady Kador of course has full control over the systems within her borders. It is only fortunate that the ships of the RKN were able to respond so quickly to the blood drinker’s incursion into the lands of their Sister. Defending all citizens of the Empire from the threat of the Heretic is of tantamount importance.

If that is the case, why was Chakaid so insistent that no one land on Kahah to help?

While I cannot, and do not assume to, speak for the Aga-Count, I should dare to imagine organisational simplicity.

Then for organizational simplicity, he shouldn’t bugger off back to Kahah III?

That is not for us to decide.

Someone will decide for him.

Perhaps.

I do doubt it will be the person you or your Director would wish.

Alizabeth, can you go five minutes on your own without completely losing your damn mind?

2 Likes

No. I cannot.

1 Like

Fair enough. Good luck doing… whatever the hell you think you are doing.

Last I checked, she’s killing Blooders in Delve, and worrying herself sick over someone she cares about who was on one of the stricken planets, Cap’n Pecan.

Right. While you blow up the Khanid Navy and threaten Chakaid like he gives a damn what a Goon can do.

Here is a sure-fire way to defeat any capsuleer fleet ever formed: Do not undock in a ship they can shoot. Which is what he is going to do.

And if you try to land troops one of two things will happen: he will escape while you fail to invade an Imperial planet for no reason other than to stroke your own ego, or you will get incredibly lucky and end up with a warclone body while Chakaid wakes up safe and sound like nothing happened.

You are both coming off as frothing idiots. Nobody cares that there are Goons two jumps away when they will not be arsed to do anything beyond hotdrop a theoretical ship that will never appear.

Stop making noise. It is irritating.

1 Like