Retaliation

… I am the one who was there for her. I ask these other Matari not to speak for her, making it seem like she is like us. When the implications are that she’s left Amarr behind. While you and yours have betrayed and abandoned her, spineless pissants and craven scum that you all are, she has not abandoned you or the faith, much to both my annoyance, disgust and pride.

Condemn her then, weak and useless one. She at least has done things. Achieved things. PIE itself have achieved and done nothing that wasn’t her achievement for the last five years, and I suppose that must have rankled. So quick then to try and erase it all, so you pathetic lot doesn’t look so pitifully bad in comparison.

I suspect, given a little time and gentle support, and without you worthless ones dragging her down… she’ll rise so far above you.

… well, further at any rate. At this point you’re all gutterscum in comparison.

2 Likes

It must hurt you so that even while you try to fill her heart with the fetid rancor that is the only thing you’ve ever known, she still holds some hope of a better life, she contains light still.

As for achievements, I was under the mistaken belief that this was a failed attack. We all had presumed that your intention was more than livestock and biomass. It genuinely is a surprise to see that with all your bluster of the power of capsuleers, you think that something like this was going to do anything more than anger someone. As a man once put it, “check the chain before you spit in the face of a slaver hound and claim victory”.

I suppose when compared to your great list of successes, this counts as impressive.

I’ll leave you to your annoyance, disgust and pride.

2 Likes

:popcorn:

1 Like

I didn’t participate in this action out of anger. I didn’t participate in this action because it made me feel better. I didn’t participate in this action without thinking of what it meant, how it would be perceived, and the consequences I would suffer for it.

Anyone who says that this is why I participated in it, does not, at all, understand why I did.

I didn’t want this. I didn’t want to have to be part of this, or to have to live with this. It didn’t make me feel ‘cathartic’, it didn’t make me feel good. It made me feel awful, and horrible, and scared.

I did it anyway, because, in spite of what some people say, there was only one actual path available. Anyone that dares to attack my family will face immediate retribution.

This was not a failed attack. The intention was for a targeted, limited effect, which it achieved. It was not about starting a war, it was not about dealing damage, save for the symbolism inherent in the damage dealt. This was about sending a message. It was about standing up, making yourself look bigger, and roaring, to convince a threat that you are not worth striking, because you have the resolve to retaliate if they do, and the means to do so.

Several years ago, I was involved in the defense of a heron piloted by Scherezad as she was scanning a Zainou facility. A confrontation arose with an IRED fleet, which vastly outnumbered and outgunned us. I told the IRED fleet, in no uncertain terms several times over the course of the confrontation: If you fire on Scherezad’s ship, I will return fire. I didn’t want a fight. I had no means of winning one, and IRED were allies. But I had a duty to protect the person I had pledged to protect, and I hoped that the understanding that any attack on her would, by extension, be an attack on me, would stay IRED’s hand. But they chose to destroy Scherezad’s ship. And so, even knowing that I stood no chance of victory, I opened fire, and my ship was destroyed, killing a lot of crew and sparking a (brief) diplomatic incident.

Threats do not work if they are not backed up. They do not work when, in the moment of fate, you stand down. Showing resolve, acting, demonstrates to your attacker and to the world that you are prepared to retaliate. It demonstrates your conviction, your sincerity. My path was set the moment the attack happened. It is still set now.

It’s not even uncommon. Amarr Holders attack other Holders all the time. Half the terrorist attacks that take place are the result of some shadow power play, moves on a game board pushing some scheme or the other. I am quite aware of the fact that the attack on my family was very likely one of them, and my response very likely playing into their hands. I am not blind. I did it, knowing this, because principle matters. And I admitted to it, instead of leaving the figuring out of it to the calculations of noble strategists, because honesty matters.

I don’t even consider my participation in this to be an act of terrorism - though yes, I had the support someone who has the means and resources to do so (again, probably not uncommon in Amarrian circles, except my approaching it openly and honestly instead of behind webs of deceit). An act of terrorism was committed upon my family, and I allowed for an attack in response to show that that is not acceptable. Nor do I consider this to be an action against Amarr or the faith. Because the Amarr I believe in is one that is truthful, and honorable, and just. One that stands straight and true, honest and brave, instead of scheming in shadows.

I am still Amarr. I have not left it behind, even if some might wish I did. I am still sworn to God, and I do as my faith commands - even in this. Call me what you will, strip me bare and throw me aside as inconvenient, but I will always and forever be Amarr.

Now, finally, yes. Maybe Chakaid didn’t do it. Maybe, in spite of all the signs pointing to him, he didn’t do it. Well, it is good, then, that the attack was targeted and limited, instead of large and excessive, isn’t it? And it is good still, that Chakaid is a villain in other ways, a supporter of blood raiders and of false faith, who even without hands bloodied with the Kaihu bombing deserves even worse than what he got. The Royal Uhlans, of whom he is a commander, are even known for their use in deniable operations. They themselves are terrorists, who deserve Amarrian condemnation, not Amarrian patronage and protection.

14 Likes

Though dissuaded, I came. Though perilous, I served. Though beset, I persevered. Though denied, I believed.

2 Likes

All things were created by the Divine, and so the glory of our faith is inherent to us all;
When thine heart shines with the Light, thou shalt know no hardship;
When thine actions are in Light’s name, thou art immortal.’

1 Like

You know PIE and co don’t have any leg to stand on anymore when they start quoting scripture instead of delivering well-thought out arguments or even any argument whatsoever.

This is such a rediculous farce, and if you think Samira played into Chakaid’s hand, I must respectfully ask whose hand you think you are playing into?

I mean do not get me wrong, it has been fun watching the Amarr community split itself into the two old camps of “for” and “against” and seeing the converts wet themselves in fright. But for all this talk of consequences, have you given a single thought to the ones your own belligerent attitude will cause? Because it seems like you’re managing to do more damage to the Amarr community then Chakaid right now.

“The divine” really has no patience or love to spare at all for those not born pure Amarr, huh? It seems that no matter what you do or how profound your service to God and the Empire is, if you where not born at the top, you will still get dropped the moment you become an inconvenience.

2 Likes

The speed at which Samira’s been washed off is astounding in face of how much we were made to swallow our pride and principles and work with blooders and blooder harbourers, sansha loyalists and other dubious scum for the sake of the pretense war and ‘unity’.

I respectfully ask the duplicity be ended, or be honest that you all just really don’t mind having us Auxilla old and new be disposable in the name of the Politics Game. We have been here before and will be here many many times into the future regarding the Kingdom, what makes this time any different? What makes Samira working with Mizhara to achieve an aim any different then Lord Consort Shutaq leading us in support of pirates while flying alongside Nation Loyalists?

Do I need to turn my own medals in as well to prove a point?

14 Likes

Weeks ago, I sought to tempt the Lord my God in order to determine whether I should stay upon the Red Path. I would have sacrificed one million slaves to God and then demanded from him an answer as to the truth of Naupliusism. What God instead sent was Samira Kernher, who camped my stations and disrupted my rituals; I took that as a sign from God and brought Naupliusism to an official end that day.

Now, I wonder whether God is still speaking through Samira Kernher. Teaching us that Naupliusism (as well as many conservative and orthodox Amarr) was right about one thing: the Minmatar cannot be peacefully Reclaimed, for their Minmatarness goes to the bone. They must be conquered and enslaved — forever.

2 Likes

Have you considered that God’s message might be more consistently interpreted as ‘Listen to Samira, she can tell right from wrong better than most of you idiots can’?

7 Likes

You say you remain Amarr, but you speak like Matari.

This could be a powerful and meaningful gesture.

Can confirm, we are very Minmatarey.

3 Likes

Minmatari? Minmatarish? Minmataresque? Hmmm.

3 Likes

I like Minmataresque.

It has a farcical ring to it.

2 Likes

Anytime that gas is used in an attack the response must be swift, precise and totalitarian in its execution,not only leaving any of the perpetrators behind, but nothing of their existence as well should be left standing or sold even as scrap.

3 Likes

The terrorist Del’Thul makes one excellent point. The Minmatar piling on to ‘support’ Kernher really do not help to make her case.

Quite the opposite.

As Kernher clearly understands, noble houses politick in many ways. It is however, considered quite the breach of etiquette for a success to be publicly paraded - even if it humiliates a mere Khanid.

Kernher makes a good case for her actions. Had she done her work quietly, I imagine she would have been admired in the better circles. Nonetheless, a Reclaimed being loudly cheered by frothing tribals is not a dignified position for any judgement.

4 Likes

Then I shall see to the issue.

1 Like

I would be interested in knowing what you reference here. Send me a private note?

And the obvious difference is that one scenario you describe is unseemly and the other is an illegal terrorist attack against a military regiment and Holder who fall under Amarr authority.

2 Likes

I have been privy to Holders doing far worse to each other, my Lord.

As for the event, it is a matter of public record where in Amarr Militia forces including PIE/PAUX supported No Handlebars in trying to eliminate another pirate force’s tower. You will note the Sansha Loyalists that were under the PYRE umbrella at the time flying alongside us.

Curious if in those faces on our side of the report there might have been Minmatar loyalists as well.

3 Likes

Ah, that incident.

The issue that has PIE disowning Kernher to this degree, is not her repeated and long standing decision to associate and work with Mizhara. She was still considered to be on good terms with PIE after that relationship became clear.

The issue is that she has attacked Amarr directly. The fact that her intended target is pretty clearly a poor excuse for a Holder who dishonors his ancestry does not change the fact that Samira’s actions cross a hard line.

The reality that others in Amarr also cross similar lines, though usually covertly, does not excuse anything. Answering illegal terrorism with illegal terrorism is against everything PIE stands for.

2 Likes

:popcorn:

1 Like