Return to find no ISK and empty inventory

Havn’t played in ages and upon logging in yesterday I find that I have no ISK and all of my inventory has been emptied.

I did contact support and they said they couldn’t find any suspicious activity. And they can’t help me in any way.

So I’m to believe, I guess, that I just deliberately flushed my ISK and inventory into outer space right?
Of course that’s absurd.

It’s obvious that all this stuff and ISK had to go somewhere, but where?

1 Like

If you still have your skillpoints, then it’s unlikely to be someone who took over your account, as they would be stripped and sold also.

1 Like

What if it was before the ability to do that was implemented?

This is a very old account.

1 Like

if they haven’t played in ages it’s possible the acct was stripped before extractors were a thing.

also if they gave everything away when they quit and forgot about it well that’s pretty possible too.

2 Likes

Ah, true that. If it happened so long ago that CCP don’t even have records, then I don’t know what can be done.

Absolutely not. I would never give stuff away. I always come back eventually.

1 Like

You really think they would just delete old logs? I guess it’s possible.

1 Like

is it possible you put your stuff on another account?

also did you check your assets or plex vault?

past that my best idea to to follow up on the ticket

1 Like

I’m assuming you didn’t give anyone your eve account info. If that’s the case, then your email could be compromised. Did you give your email address to anyone in the game?

Just FYI, I came back after a 9 year hiatus, and all my stuff that I hadn’t given away was still there.

1 Like

Maybe account hacking was rare back then and they just didn’t have the checks in place for it, just guesswork.

You are correct. I wouldn’t give my info to anyone, even my mother lol

1 Like

I’ll be Capt obvious here.

Are you checking the right character on that acct? Did you log into an acct with almost the same name that wasn’t the one you intended to? Is this whole thing a bad dream?

1 Like

I have 2 characters on the account. Checked them both of course.

1 Like

Did you check your contract logs and trade logs? If someone accessed your account and traded stuff away then there would be a log of the transactions somewhere.

I’ll have to look. I have no idea where to look, but I’ll poke around.

You can check your Wallet’s Journal and Transaction history. You can also check your Completed Contracts history.

You should also be able to log into your Account Management page and see the past account logins under “Account Activity” to see when they occurred and from what IP address.

1 Like

When CCP added contract history to the API I think they deleted or at least obscured old contract history. So it may not be possible. Also trade logs only go back 90 days I think

1 Like

Some contracts only disappear after one year or such at least based on my experience, public contracts (auctions and item exchanges) in my case but not sure if it applies to private contracts too. So if this happened a long time ago probably the logs won’t show it. Not sure about transaction logs but maybe those have some sort of time limit too, dunno.

1 Like

Same here came back in 2018 after leaving mid 2000’s, still had everything in account along with everything in the other two characters.

2 Likes