Probably the same for me. After a certain point I feel this game becomes a kind of alternate reality. Not really a game. I don’t feel like it is a game, at least not in a sense other video games are ‘‘games’’. EVE feels more, and is more real.
As for the cost, I’m playing very casually at this period in my life, but I don’t feel I am being cheated out of my money (or PLEX, as it is). My skills still train, my blueprints research, my market orders and contracts are active. I can get on whenever I get a spare moment, and enjoy the full benefits of New Eden.
One thing you’re not considering, if you set a long skill queue to match your sub, then if say your PC goes down 6 months into you playing then the other 6 months your character will still continue to train the skills that were in your skill queue
Telling me to go play another MMO, is counter intuitive. Don’t you think? We should desire to have as many as we can as it’s healthy for the MMO.
Also, telling someone how they may be wrong(if that is the situation) would get you so much further than just telling them to “beat it”
But I will address your reply. I do not want to, I enjoy eve and the people in it. But just because I enjoy something, I will speak my mind on how things “May” be improved. But I can be wrong
Personally I see the subscription cost as a labor of love. I may not play all the time but when I do I enjoy it. I could go drop a few hundred on some other, less rewarding recreational activity once a year, but then I rob myself of the opportunity to meet new people that share similar interests!
I am not as long of a player as many others on these forums and i take frequent breaks from play but I know that when I do come back I will have trained a lot of skills that will only enhance my enjoyment.
We neither need nor want “as many as we can”. Quality is more important than quantity. A game with too many players is like a theme park with too many visitors.
So you’re saying Eve is different in a way that makes you prefer it over other MMOs, but you simultaneously don’t think that difference should be reflected in the pricing model?
If you say, “Well, WOW sub is cheaper…” but you’re not willing to go play WoW for its cheaper sub, then who the hell cares? That it’s cheaper is just a useless factoid at that point, and not something you, as a customer, are using to make a purchasing decision.
I’m sorry, but you either seem to not want to understand the fact that as a paying customer, I have every right, Just like you(if you are paying), to have an opinion. Do I think Eve is different that any other, yes. Do I pay the requirement, yes. Will I stay silenced and Just let the Developers think that a sub price which is higher than all the other MMO’s out here is Ok? Nope. Just as much as you have a right to say what you can say, I have Every right to speak my peace.
I wonder where and or when else I heard this. That’s right at the beginning of Scarcity! when all those hunters “LOVED” the idea of taking out local from Null sec. How well did that turn out for them. Or during that time we had a character pop. of around 12K.
Careful what you wish for. It just might come true.
Have you seen the economic report recently posted?
Nullbears have been slowly taking away income from their carebears while parading it as better for everyone. I speculate that null will continue to hemorraghe back into highsec and potentially see an even more pronounced flood out of null.
Init is ahead of the curve with AO and their attempt to take over highsec.
Metenox is replacing the throngs of carebear miners going to rent null space, while also closing off renting. It’s not unusual for isk flow to slow down between wars and expansions, but we’re currently at what is shown historically as the lowest amount of isk flow in a long time.
This is hardly the end of the world, so if you also keep an eye on alliance movements you’ll notice some dominos falling across the board. Either war is coming and people are saving up for it, or some recent choices nullbears are making is cutting pretty deep into the pockets of the workforce.
Slight edit to include that renting has not really gone away. They are just using different language. My corp leader, for example, was recently in a renter corp of fewer than 50 living people whining about their rent going up.