Returned, and Let Down

Thank you for expanding. Name and shame the landlord!

PH disbanding has a lot to do with that graph imo, or the spike at the end. There is also a pseudo war going on between the larger blocks. so they are running on more asset based stuff than farming.

I live in mostly high sec though and really only see the event traffic atm.

the swarm and direct neighboring alliances.

then you are a fool.

As all it did was make people just look for something else to do. But continue to “call” for Scarcity to come back. As I’m sure you would just love a daily server pop of around 12K

Short-term metrics are meaningless. Over the long-term, scarcity would improve the game and attract players who are not carebears.

lol

you keep thinking that.

Yes, I do.

That’s the Darkfall fallacy. I don’t even know if that game still lives.

You gotta understand, for predators to exist, a larger base of prey must exist. And predators are the first to go when the equilibrium is lost.

Nature 101.

PS: I’m not addressing scarcity, just making a point there’s no logic trying to push carebears out. Or making their gameplay unfair (Darkfall reference).

1 Like

That’s a slippery slope fallacy. You are exaggerating, by falsely claiming that if the game becomes more challenging then all the carebears will quit. In fact, many of them will continue. Although some will quit, that will increase scarcity, leading to higher profits for those who stay.

Yeah, I edited to address I was not addressing scarcity. Just the psycho mentality of some multiboxers that think only killing ppl to harass them is gameplay.

All things need to exist in moderation.

2 Likes

Yes, and the moderate approach is to implement scarcity. What we have right now is over-abundance, which is not moderate.

CCP just need to make their mining NPCs to work harder. lol.

You’re not still ranting away because EVE is a massive $1.50 a month more than some other games ?

1 Like

The dude is not even paying 1 USD → 5 Local moneyz.

I told you, only elite play EVE, no poors…

I play those wow free servers, those people are savages, no thanks. Here is fine.

I’m paid to play EvE!

Well there’s always the elite and the pros… Not everybody can be a pro.

Now, about the scarcity, while you’re not wrong, you know CCP can’t take the heat right? They can’t bring another scarcity and tank the unsubs, even if temp unsubs.

We all know their situation. So I doubt they gonna pull another scarcity. They probably gonna pull some NPC shenanigans to masquerade it.

Using 22,5h a month for plexing my account isnt much effort at all. Hours get lower if i pay 3month or even 6month omega with plex. Every other time i play i can use for the fun stuff.

Scarcity didn’t do what it was supposed to last time. Why is it assumed that it will if implemented again?

In your opinion, what was Scarcity supposed to do?

Theres never a scarcity of flowers….they grow everywhere and anywhere….and they will always outnumber people. :slight_smile:

This is off topic, but my orchids are blooming:


On-topic: people are much more likely to undock and risk their ■■■■ when there is an abundance, not scarcity. I am steadfast against scarcity. You all saw what it did to cap fights. The effect is the exact same for subcaps, you just can’t detect it as easily because subcaps are considerably cheaper than caps. But it increases risk-aversion and decreases overall losses. Abundance is good for the game, as long as abundance is gated behind gameplay (i.e. hard work and time to obtain resources).

3 Likes