I remember dozens of threads with a lot of comments predicting that very thing happening due to scarcity and several people kept saying scarcity was a good thing.
I will never understand why ccp did it.
I remember dozens of threads with a lot of comments predicting that very thing happening due to scarcity and several people kept saying scarcity was a good thing.
I will never understand why ccp did it.
$19.99 - $15.00 does Not equal $1.50. I would suggest you use a calculator next time ![]()
Neither is $15 a fair comparison, if you compare it with World of Warcraft for example, because doing so means you’re ignoring the expansion cost, either by ignorance or to intentionally mislead:
very well. but even with the expansion cost we still talking twice as much as $1.50
so bottom line, eve still continues to be the highest priced MMO at this time.
I think the table shows that EVE is a fair bit cheaper than WoW, as the $2 a month extra cost for expansions for WoW assumes playing the game full time.
It’s significantly more than that if you’re not playing full time, and a single month of WoW to end-game is a full $50 plus a month of $15 making it $65 compared to EVE’s single month of $20.
The $2 monthly cost for WoW expansions is only if you play it full time, and nobody who plays either WoW or EVE full time is spending the single month cost on the game, but is buying 3+ months in bulk, if not by the year, which makes EVE cheaper than WoW for both long-term players and for short-term players.
It’s worth it.
ELITE.
Now, don’t forget some stuff:
Blizzard disconnects if you are afk;
The cash shop is way more aggressive;
You can’t trade your stuff with others for money, only wow token;
All in all, even if I keep joking around with the “elite”, it’s a matter of preference, I fail to see why one would direct compare pizza with barbecue. Maybe you like both, maybe you don’t eat meat or maybe you have diabetes…
It does not make much sense. ![]()
PS: Since I’m being fair, I forgot to mention the community, terrible attitude, the end game access may be subpar, with all that “reserved” attitude of pugs, getting into high performance guilds depends if you are good, have attendance and chose the right class to play.
Total incompatible comparison.
and, as explained several times: There are multiple occasions every year to get omega time at nice discounts, bringing the overall price well below 10 bucks a month for a longer EVE sub. I think I paid something like 8.50 on average during the last few years.
If someone can’t afford 10 bucks a month, he should either play something free, or solve other problems first before sinking dozens or hundreds of hours into an online videogame.
EVE is better in every way.
Both games roughly same age, give or take some months. EVE has a dedicated playerbase. WoW has a dedicated playerbase.
EVE runs people off that are afraid of anything that moves. WoW holds them tight and kisses them gently while demanding $60 for expansions that maybe 5 people like. Now they’ve moved to a system where it’s $180 for an expansion by cutting them into 3rds like this is lord of the rings.
Oh, plus wow has pay tiers for expansions and are now doing that early access hogwash.
blizzard puts a lot of money into ads and paying affiliates to promote actual garbage. Ask wow players about shadowlands. Ask them about mists of panda, which suddenly people like 10 year later but hated when it was current. Ask wow players about all the recycled content and power creep.
EVE also pays affiliates but not nearly as much and the ads are… hard to find unless you’re looking for them.
The two games are not the same.
wow has a linear storyline that locks you out of content unless you grind through quests. EVE is completely open from day one. No additional costs. Just subscription, which you dont even have to pay to play the full game.
Wow stops you at level 20, you cant talk to anyone, cant buy, cant trade, cant use various races blah blah blah.
I’m convinced they need to jack the price up a bit to keep the riffraff out.
I remember another member who isn’t very active at the moment (@Andlaust ) just advising people to skip one McDonald’s meal and they have the money to pay for EVE sub.
It might be that some guys play multiple games at once, and so the money spent on video games per month does end up being quite high. And when you then compare what other companies are charging for a monthly fee EVE might stick out. But I’d like to use this occasion to remind people that cheaper does not equal better in most cases. And maybe instead of trying to cram as many video games into your spare time, a walk out in the woods is a better use of one’s time (and it’s free).
Your argument is right, but it’s the argument we use to terminate the conversation.
I think these people do have the money, they just want to rant and exercise their right as customers. It’s not that the money is going to be missed, but they felt betrayed after paying for the game, the game came short in their expectation.
Sometimes they are wrong, in the OP case, totally wrong. He wanted to come back and have omega. He said he player a lot during 2000-2013, but yet he failed to keep some ISK reserve to buy PLEX.
I dunno, I try to help these people, but they are beyond help… what am I gonna do?
I remember talking to my officer once, while we were on high ground, I said: “look those noobs down there, should we be here looking down on them”.
He replied: “We must always look down on others”.
And that’s was the best wow stuff I ever had. I still remember his wise words.
Just as evil exists so that we can better understand good, left exists so we can understand what is right, we must look down upon the unwashed masses to know how far we have come. It is the way of life.
One day, we will be long gone and it will be their turn to look down and view how far they have come.
It is divine providence.
At that point I would stop playing the game. Not waste my time whining about it on the forums.
That’s rational, but people get frustrated, they want stuff to behave as they envisioned.
We can find 200 thread proving that statement above.
That’s why the best approach is to listen to them first… After that is free for all.
Sigh. I get my EVE for $16.50 a month. That’s the rate for a 3 month at a time subscription. So…have your calculator back as you’re the one that needs it.
It’s the cheapest, just $11 a month.
Sometimes you just have to ask yourself, is it even worth it?
It was never the cost for me, just the gameplay that is now gone.
What gameplay is gone?