Returning Player immediately Put off playing

Buy a bunch of Home filaments to get in and Glorification filaments to get out, plus one Proximity filament (all cheap in Jita). Hop in a noob ship (or better cheap but fast and a bit tanky frigate, with MWD and cloak), and roll the dice. Eventually you will end up in Kino (make a safe spot). Dock in station, fill your freighter/Orca with as much as you can, fly to your safe spot, and jump out with the Proximity filament. Remind the timers. Repeat as you please.

This is not much effort, and maybe even fun gameplay.

CCP already made it absurdly easy to get in and out Povchen with ā€œmagic wandā€ filaments, donā€™t be lazy.

3 Likes

You have to filament out and in, and its random system. If you cant even dock up, and cant cloak, you are pretty much doomed to use trigs corps to grind good standings, then do what you want somewhere where you want it.

1 Like

BS ā€¦ everybody not having negative trig standing can dock in all stations. If you never shoot trigs in the events you are fine, and the OP is returning from older times. You can cloak everywhere in space. You donā€™t need the fitting service to fill up a freighter.

And those who have bad standings cant. And Alphas cant use cloak.

I am writing it considering returning players, not Omegas only, not those who were not doing anything considering Trigs.

1 Like

Donā€™t need a cloak when you can dock, and MWD. How should OP have gained negative standing? He is just returning to the game!

But you cant know what different moment they were leaving the game, and what kind of standings they had. People who will read that, not only OP. I am writing considering many options.

1 Like

I can, by reading the OPs post ā€¦

I am not only considering OP, how many times I have to write that. There will be different people reading this, not only OP.

Also the filament solo method is pretty wastefull. Its better to find a fleet that will do that sort of content. Less hassle.

2 Likes

Just pay someone to haul it out of Kino for you then, contact me in game if you want the stuff out

I have been in this game a long time and I think that CCP has been degrading the game for a long time.

The involuntary poverty and the Triglavian Luminality nonsense have pretty much killed it for me.

What is the point?

I guess that means I have won EVE.

4 Likes

lol what a noob, leaving all of his stuff in a high sec station and not predicting that CCP would go on a rampage burning spree and pour nothing but misery on carebears and returning players.

2 Likes

I thought players play EVE for the PvP, not to amass hundreds and hundreds of modules and other junkā€¦ Oh, ISK, forgot ISK.

The main reason for the hoarder syndrome is scarcity. If the stuff is hard to aquire, and even can be lost with a very big consequences, people will hoard. Paranoic fear of losing the stuff, and of ā€œunknownā€ when someone will not have that stuff, is also a reason for hoarding.

CCP wants everyone to start hoarding more. :thinking:

1 Like

How did you make the ISK to buy that Orca and Provi?

ā€¦

There is so much that could be said here, but it also kinda stands for itself

3 Likes

I understand perfectly and it makes perfect sense for people to hoard in time of scarcityā€¦ when itā€™s life or death situation, not a game! The rush for toilet paper in March is a good example of how F-ing stupid the majority of people are. I guess toilet paper is life or death eh ? :joy:
My point is: itā€™s pretty F-ing stupid to hoard modules, resources and ships when the WHOLE point of playing EVE involves heavy losses of anything one acquires in the game. And itā€™s not of much use to anyone sitting in a station, not even to the owner.
Hoarding is a respnse dictated by fear and only fear. How sad is it for someone to fear losing pixels THAT much that time and effort is spent everyday for the results to sit indefinitely in a station ? Pretty F-ing sad.

If winter wasnā€™t cold ā€¦
ā€¦ itā€™d be relatively warm.

My guess, which I rank as rather likely ā€¦
ā€¦ is that theyā€™ve learned to do so because theyā€™ve learned it from movies.

Where I live, people didnā€™t actually hoard Toilet Paper like it happened in the US.
Most places did, in fact, not do this, or weā€™d be knowing about it.

Likely because itā€™s pretty ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  dumb.

3 Likes

In game where everything can be a matter of losing, maybe not life, but stuff, logically the path for thinking is the same. Losing or not losing.

I imagine people dont want to die like bums with dirty butt and pants, but with a sight that would express their social status, honorably, with clean butt and pants.

The Ants & the Grasshopper

It is time to grind.

The devs can combat the hoarding, but I dont think CCP wants to do that. The game mechanisms make it so you have to hoard at this point, because ā€œthe hard times are comingā€. CCP hopes the game will be played more, that people will grind and hoard. If they say otherwise, marketing and PR is talking.

1 Like

What cleans better, a tissue or water and soap ?

Hard times in a game, oooh scary.
So people donā€™t play EvE for fun then, always in the fear of losing something ? And some people pay for THAT ?
No wonder thereā€™s so much salt in EVE forum.

There are problems with clean water already, and not only clean water but water in general. Its environmentally wise to use dry leaf, but the paper is nicerā€¦

Fear is omnipresent. It makes them feel something like success, when they can counteract and not lose to it, or not lose even when scared. Then it is fun.

Youā€™re completely ignoring all of those who will fight for resources ā€¦
ā€¦ who are exactly those CCP is trying to reach ā€¦
ā€¦ because fighting for resources equals content for PvPers.

Carebears, who hoard, will ultimately just quit.
Hoarding doesnā€™t actually increase survival.
In times of scarcity, when you have more than you need, others will come and take it away.

Just use the three shells?

5 Likes