Returning player seeking direction, options and opportunities

I used to be a pod pilot like you until I took a laser burst to my neural interface.

Here’s the thing, I’ve returned to the game in the last week after having been away for over 3 years but my main was born over 11 years ago. Since 2006 I left and returned a few times but never left it as long as this time. The changes since 2014 have been significant to the point that I felt I had to create an alpha clone just to run through the (new) tutorial and career agents just to remind myself of how even the basics operate. Many of my ships have been substantially changed and I am in the process of trying to refit them. Some of them even seem hopelessly inappropriate now for the purposes I originally acquired them.

Back in the day I was in small corps where I ended up doing very little, just talking on comms. Industrial corps where you would mine for hours on end listening in on comms and reading a book. Huge RP corps where I discovered there are serously weird people in this world and even tried EVE Uni where I seemed to live in station all the time, forbidden to leave because of wardecs.

All of this ended up in frustration and my eventual protracted absence from the game.

Now I return and find an apparent buff to PVE, HiSec danger for miners and even NPCs with boosted AI. I feel I am at a crossroads. Do I drift back to the improved PVE and slowly lose my enthusiasm for the game again or do I give the game one last chance and try and seek out that holy grail I’ve been searching for since 2006, an active corp with a fantastic adult player community, ideally PVP based in low or null sec operating around the 17.00:22.00 UTC time frame although some days I’m available at any time.

Before I left last time I had skilled up for logistics in my Scimitar although god knows how far those skills are off these days even allowing for whether or not it is still a viable ship for roams.

At the end of the day the quality of the corp community is probably more important to me than what we end up doing.

Help an old vet give it one last shot?

2 Likes

Pookie, I’d like the throw my corp out there just to see if you’re interested in it. It sounds like we’d be a good fit, other than your play time is just a tad bit off. Most of our corp dealings are between 2400-0400 ( however, the alliance runs stuff 24/7 )

I understand if the time zone is a show stopper for you, but feel free to contact me if you’re interested!

1 Like

Hey dude!

Krypted Gaming is looking for quality, social pilots to join us on our space adventures. We are a community focused on quality over quantity, and look for pilots with great attitudes towards the game and fellow players. We live in the nullsec region of Deklein, and are proud members of SLYCE.

We aim to be,

• Tight Knit (~30-40 actual humans)
  • Highly active (87.5% of our members are online daily)
  • Top Contributors in PvP & Industry (top 3 for monthly alliance fleet participation)
  • Knowledgable & Approachable (tons of guides on our website)

Whether you are a new player or veteran, we are looking for team players who want to contribute to a community. All of our members are active, decent human beings (except our corporate Grandpa, Helltrek) with lives outside of the game. Given that, we also have plenty of memes!

Come chat with us in our Discord!

hello Pookie

I would like to invite you to check out and consider joining the 5th Rebel Corporation. We are based in null sec and there is always something to do. Check out our recruitment post at 5th Rebel Corporation-Recruitment

Don’t hesitate to message me with questons or concerns.

Ikki

Hello @Pookie_McPook Pookie McPook,

I get what you are saying about being in a LUL. The Sandbox has to be fed and I think if you tried WH space, all your apprehensions would subside. If you get a chance, take a closer look at what and who we are…

Hope to see ya in space,
o7

1 Like

Hey @Pookie_McPook if you’ve not already found a home give [.FRAG] a look, we’re a smaller, tight knit crew with lots of content! ~ [.FRAG] Fractured Glory wants you!

Almost same position youre in. Played since 2007 for years on and off. Never experienced the cool battles I saw recorded online. End up station spinning most of the time.

I think its hard because EVE tight knit requires lots and lots of trust.

1 Like

It varies on what type of gameplay you’re searching for. I was in a C4 wormhole with friends for a bit and I was bored out of my mind 90% of the time. We had 1-2 engagements PER DAY. Great guys and they love it but some of them seem to have excitement in their voices even when scanning. Lol. Just not my thing.
The best way to feel something out is to talk verbally to the people you’d be playing with. You’re welcome to join our alliance Teamspeak just to feel things out, if you want.
I found a good group of people in Providence, Nullsec. It’s not for everyone but PVP whenever you want it with active fleets and security all over for when you just want some PVE. But, all of it is a bit pointless without some decent conversations. I’m working alongside SLA and TSOE right now. I started my own little corp North Geopulse Exploration, but the guys around me generate half of the content that I engage in. Look forward to talking if you’re up for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.