Returning player, undocked in a Dread in a WH

Yep, if it’s a c5, chances are good eve scout can help. So log in a different character and ask for help that way. Good luck!

1 Like

please get off this forum. Seen several of your post just being rude to other people. Get a life. be happy

1 Like

I am very happy.

2 Likes

That’s pure gold! :smiley:

Can’t you just use an alt or something?

Not realistically if it isn’t in the same wormhole - the chances of ever finding your other character by scanning inward chains is like 1 in several million with the nature of wormhole space.

I’m pretty sure the odds are better than 1 in several million. Heh.

Depends on the situation - sure if you are logged off in say a C5 and have someone with a WH with a static C5 you can chain collapse your way in eventually at far lower odds - but if you start out in say highsec with an alt and try and find a chain back to your character in a wormhole the odds are very low.

1 Like

There are only 2498 wormhole systems. How could the odds of “ever finding” a wormhole be high? You already know the wormhole ID, so you know what it’s static connections are…you can narrow the search down from 1 in 2498 pretty quickly.

There are only 512 c5’s, so if he can get an alt into a C5 with a C5 static then the odds are already down to 1/511.

You need a wormhole chain that reaches the destination wormhole - either by repeatedly collapsing a wormhole of a type that leads to the class of WH system you are trying to get into or by repeatedly scanning from known space and there is no guarantee a chain even exists inwards that leads to your target wormhole at any one time. Wormhole space is hugely fragmented and if people aren’t active and scanning then connections don’t even always spawn.

You could just log on and scan daily in the hope of getting a hs hole. Once you get one, park your dread at a safe, quickly hop through the hole to see the hs, then back to your dread. Then you can bring in your alt to help. Just a thought.

This is a C5, so a HS hole is unlikely. He is also in a capital ship, so he needs a high-mass wormhole. The best he could ever hope for is a big LS wormhole to spawn that lets him get out and dock in an NPC station.

2 Likes

Yeah we’d get a direct high sec wormhole once a month living in a C5 and everyone would rush to use it to stock up on POS fuel, etc. etc.

EDIT: Thought I remembered the WH types but 5 years on from when I lasted played getting some of the memories of living in a C3 and C5 mixed up :s

Log into tripwire and add Eve scouts to your chains, you might find a way out that way, or join Eve scouts Chan and ask for zee help

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.