Revised EVE Activities & Careers Chart Project - Work in Progress

. . . O P E N - B E T A - R E L E A S E . . .

I think I’ve now got the chart to a point where it’s ready for an open Beta release. It’s not quite finished yet, but it is at a point where it’s good enough for some mass feedback and testing by rank-and-file players.

So based on this, here are all the links that you need:

Download site one (Google Drive): https://bit.ly/EOCAC-GDD
Download site two (Dropbox): https://bit.ly/EOCAC-DBD

In the main download folder is a PDF file:

READ ME FIRST! - EVE Careers Chart - Version 2.0 Open Beta - Release Notes.pdf

At the risk of stating the bloody obvious please do read this PDF first because there are a bunch of notes that pertain to what variants of the chart are available as well as some feedback notes and so on which I really would like people to look at, first, please.

In addition to this file, there are three folders in the main download folder:

1. Printable Chart
  2. Interactive Chart Folder
  3. Chart Extracts

Although it might be pretty obvious to many, for the sake of clarity, here’s what’s in each folder:

1. Printable Chart
EVE Activities & Careers Chart - V2.0, Beta Release - March 2023 - Print.pdf

The printable version of the chart - 600mm H X 917mm W - completely with trim marks, registration targets and colour calibration strips. Designed for those who might want to print the chart out themselves and/or get it printed out at a poster size by the local print shop

2. Interactive Chart Folder
EVE Activities & Careers Chart - V2.0, Beta Release - March 2023 - Interactive.pdf
EVE Activities & Careers Chart - Hyperlink List.pdf

The interactive version of the chart. Designed for those who just want a version that exists on their computer, but one that offers embedded hyperlinks, allowing end users to pull up additional web-based information on activity genres, activity spines or specific activity cards.

The Hyperlink List file is a stripped down to basics version of the link information presented as a PDF (created from an RTF document to keep the file size down)

3. Chart Extracts
EVE Activities & Careers Chart - V2.0, Beta Release - March 2023 - Community Extract.pdf
EVE Activities & Careers Chart - V2.0, Beta Release - March 2023 - Corporations & Alliances Extract.pdf
EVE Activities & Careers Chart - V2.0, Beta Release - March 2023 - Industry Extract.pdf
EVE Activities & Careers Chart - V2.0, Beta Release - March 2023 - PvE Extract.pdf
EVE Activities & Careers Chart - V2.0, Beta Release - March 2023 - PvP Extract.pdf

Given the physical size of the chart I can easily envisage a scenario whereby you might want to have the benefits of the interactive chart but in a more compact form, and where you might be concentrating on one area of gameplay. The aim of the extracts is precisely this.

So there you have it.

Two years’ work, 5,273 different chart elements, 189 hyperlinks, blood, sweat and tears.

I’m hoping that lots of players will download it, use it and that it will be helpful to them as New Eden Pilots. I’ll be emailing a few people that I know with links and also to say a big thanks for the help and support that you’ve given me as I’ve worked on this project.

I would be really interested in any feedback that people have on the chart, but please read the release notes, and use the email address that is given there to give this, please. Managing all the feedback via the forums might be difficult and time consuming.

Once I’ve had a reasonable amount of feedback come back I will try to update that chart with anything that makes sense, is helpful, practical and doable. Following this I’ll upload the final version 2.0 release (and probably start thinking about version 3.0, but maybe after a holiday!).

The final release info will go into a new forum post. This (long’ish) thread has all been about the development of the project, so it makes sense to me to create a new post as the chart becomes a finished project and therefore more about tweaks than overall development.

:rocket:

7 Likes