Revisiting Highsec Wardecs

No it’s not, you just wish it was.

High sec is not a game in and of itself, it is a STARTING AREA for a game.

Grow a pair and leave the kiddie pool.

Fingers crossed.

If ninja mining is to become a thing, it would be better to have small volumes of very high yield (+50%) ores. ‘burst mining’…

So if you’re not on the ACL of the wardeccer, the wardeccer gets a limited engagement against anyone who mines ore from Athanor B?

Did i read that right?

I mean a corp being prepared to contest a moon belt by first having another structure up and paying 100mil isk for a dec, then put up their own athanor and then defend that as well are few.

Like baiting, structure bashing is done for the bashing. It’s much less common to see it done for the mining.

How many moon belts does PIRAT control for the purposes of mining?

k i’m curious . what ship or fit , could mine and fight . no suspect baiting anymore . and not doing it for free so you’d actually have to mine for profit . enlighten me please :slight_smile:
and what if the structure owner wants to open the field for free mining or hire someone ? using an acl removes the need to fight or be in the owning corp , which others see as a problem …
it seems to me you’re intentionally overlooking some circumstances involving other play-styles than your own …

Tough luck?
There has to be some downsides if suspect flagging was to happen. The inability to open your field up outside corp/alliance is a fair one, as it therefore forces your own miners to be targetable. or at least disruptable by wardecs.

There is no premise for a suspect flag for resource extraction. It just isn’t that way, nor should it be.
And still no mechanic that implicates ownership of rocks in space. Re-read Bronson’s comments.

This goes back to the Crimewatch updates of 2012.

Lastly, the limited engagement is between capsuleers, not corporations or alliances.

The proposals here are a big departure from the existing rules and mechanics.

1 Like

Bad idea. The structure is a viable thing only when anchored on behalf of a one-man alt corp then. Needless to say, that everyone will abuse it, throwing their goodies houses into the noname alt-corps’ posession.

There should be some quick way of driving away all the ninja miners, that mine down your ore, while being absolutely invincible to wardecs. This is just not fair. And its clearly not the EVE “risk-reward” philosophy. Suicide ganking just does NOT work in this case, so dont even tell me ■■■■ about it. Miners should be able to fight with each other, because ore safety - matters.

Suspect flag is a bad idea, but may be a limited engagement between the two corps is actually a good one.

That doesn’t work that way.

No, not capsuleers. Corps. If you mine down my ore, my corp will be able to attack all members of the offending corp(s) for some short period of time. Or the offenders only. (but corp vs corp is better, because it will create hell of a lot content) And if the offenders are in NPC corporation, then a suspect flag is good idea. Or a limited engagement between the owner corp and him, as a capsuleer.

It wont work in its current state. Because its not one guy who owns the ore, its the entire corporation, or the alliance. And if ninjas steal our ores, we all suffer, and all reship and ■■■■ em up. Or at least we should be able to do so.

That were already mentioned previously… and here was my answer.

Huh? I didnt get it.

Yes, there is.
Loot ownership. It’s considered yours before it’s in your hold. Just because you shot it.
Moon ores are made by shooting something, having assets at risk in space, and come with an unavoidable cost even unlike shooting something. And would require ships in space to shoot any suspects.
And the way we are proposing would also open the miners up to wardecs with a cost if they drop Corp.

You can argue that you don’t think it’s important, but there is a premise for it.

1 Like

No. Read the crimewatch info.
It doesn’t work that way for resource extraction.

A premise is a logical argument.
So there is a premise for a change.
And no duh it doesn’t work that way atm. That’s why this suggestion is being made.

Only because crimewatch atm is a raw mess. It doesnt work NOW but it should have worked that way FROM THE BEGINNING.

indicates a weapons timer…

If you want a change then consider ALL of the mechanics involved and subject to changes.
Also consider all of the different players who can/will be affected in all areas of space.

I think there is a way of writing it down without affecting everyone. Just a proper code - thats all it needs to work.

A convoluted mess is what will happen.
Right now moon extraction works pretty much the same everywhere.
Universal mechanics are more logical and easy to understand.

So suspect timer can be universal also.
It doesn’t have to be convoluted. You are just making bad excuses here. It’s not like each area of sec doesn’t already have different mechanics for some things

As an example of your excuses I mean. weapon timer, really? So the structure can’t dock for 60 seconds… uh huh…