Reward for winning a proving ground battle is underwhelming

Right now it isn’t. But this thread is about upping rewards is it not?

I’ve already offered a suggestion in my OP, so it wasn’t just a complaint. You fishin too?

Mkikaden isn’t fishing. He’s a very helpful member of these forum, I’d even say THE MOST helpful. Read all of his posts, they are FULL of good advice.

1 Like

You would have to increase the rewards a lot before it became farmable by a significant number of people. You have to fly a >90m ISK ship to get into the arena and most ships are >150m ISK. At the minute the loot averages 35m ISK.

Oh and you have to win.

Maybe PG would be better and more interesting if you would not lose ship and capsule when you lose, but suffer fixed ISK price.

It would stop to be “Proving Grounds” then. It wouldn’t be proving at all and there already isn’t any ground to speak of since it’s in space.

It shouldn’t be farmable for anyone.

IB4 AT ship class matches…

CCP does this to all content, in order to generate interest and get everybody to engage with the content, CCP will implement it with high rewards. Then after a little bit of time, CCP reduces the rewards and over time continues nerfing it until there’s hardly anybody running the content.

2 Likes

That’s my point, it is not farmable and increasing the rewards by a bit wouldn’t change that. In fact increasing the rewards might increase the competition and make it harder.

They haven’t changed the rewards since it started. The difference is that this time you need a T2 fit battle cruiser to stand a chance, while in previous rounds there was a t2 frigate or a meta 4 fit cruiser or 1 round was a team of corvettes.

That’s a different point though, the reward for the team events are the same as for the 1v1s too.

Also, there are loads of people taking part in this one, queue times have been very short.

The rewards may be the same but the content now requires more to engage with then it did in the past. Basically it’s a nerf.

Inflation, lol.

What you describe sounds like a con to me.

Exactly, which brings us back to what I originally said:

2 Likes

I agreed with it when I read it.

Which is why I don’t participate in anything of that sort. They’re just lures that play on people’s self-esteem. Even the name is indicative of that. “Proving Ground”. As if anyone needed to prove anything to anybody in a video game. But apparently there are people who do.

5 Likes

Heh, sounds like something a loser would say. :smirk:

I wouldn’t know since I’m not a loser. But you seem to have experience in losing.

Of course. You can’t know the sweet taste of victory without first having sampled the sharp tang of defeat.

But you? You simply have no palate. You are the video game equivalent of going to a fancy restaurant, and ordering chicken nuggets off the appetizer menu. :sunglasses:

:roll_eyes:

If other events like seasonal events were not rewarding enough, players would cease to participate them besides a select few… Proving grounds is a event. Each round offers different rules and hull restrictions, yet the reward for each one stays the same. This round happens to be a fairly expensive round especially when the total win reward averages around 50m including the losers wreck. This means it takes 3-5 wins to replace your ship/fit depending on what you fly.

It’s very strange how the toxic forum trolls come out in posts like these attacking players who submit feedback, while in this case is negative but with a suggestion, for an event they probably don’t even play in.

Why shouldn’t this event be rewarding? Why isn’t it rewarding enough? Why isn’t the reward scaled based on variables such as ship class/cost? Why do players have a problem with it be rewarding or even farmable? Aren’t all events farmable? Isn’t the incentive of the events is to farm the rewards?

My win ratio is above 1 and I continue to play because I like the instant action despite dumping 3 bill into it (I haven’t sold my winnings yet, but I might be at a loss by the end of the event), so the loss isn’t as severe for me as is for other players, but I know for sure is that if I had a win ratio well below 1, my interest would fade because it is an expensive event and the battles can be very paper rock scissors, and what fighter would you know in real life that would brawl for a buck 20?

Make the event more interesting by making it more than just for ‘glory’. Balance the risk with reward. 20m isk caches aren’t rewarding. Have the rewards scale by ship class and difficulty. The more rewarding the event is, the more players that play and different players, instead of it being the same olds by the end of the event and longer queues.

1 Like