Right price to ask for kill rights?

Hi, I activated a kill right but I wonder if there’s a “right” price to ask. I want to see him dead, is it better to ask a low or a high price to be sure someone shoot at him?

If I want someone dead, I make the kill right free. Works pretty well.

1 Like

The problem with making it free is the target can clear them easily with an alt and disposable ship.

Therefore, I usually set a killright in the 5-20M range. It sort of depends who it is and what they fly, but something like that isn’t too much for a random passerby to take a shot at them, and if the target does choose to clear it, at least you got some compensation.

If the target is a criminal though, I wouldn’t bother. They are already a free target to shoot so no one is going to pay your for the privilege.

4 Likes

I racked up some kill rights a while back, lets just say undocking from jita 4-4 in an empty hauler got rid of them quickly. I think I did most of the free ones in a shuttle with an alt.

So <5mil they will probably just clear it on their own if they want it gone

5-20m you probably get your money as someone will take the shot.

more than that, well they probably aren’t flying anything big enough to make it worth it, and/or if they are people will probably think it’s a trap and not go for it.

my personal view is that kill rights aren’t a very useful mechanic. The whole be a space bounty hunter sounds pretty cool so they leave that kinda thing in game though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.