Rookie Griefing Policy was updated Monday

It is act of a group of cowards who should try a challenge.

7 Likes

Nope. Nothing have changed. Most likely this is one of those Zendesk features that constantly updates ā€œUpdated timeā€ after any minor change including addition of linked articles in other languages.

I have bookmarked couple of really outdated HC articles in Russian and they are also ā€œupdatedā€ this week, even though their content havenā€™t changed a bit for months.

2 Likes

Depends on the system. Career agent systems will have a bunch of sigs which resolve at 4-8AU and include the word ā€œtrainingā€.

I donā€™t recall any special sigs in Arnon or other SoE arc systems.

1 Like

CODE has never had targeting rookie systems as any part of their MO. They operate in every corner of highsec, but tend to focus more on ice mining systems and 0.5-0.7 systems with significant mining activity.

You are projecting here. You want to believe CODE targets newbies specifically based on your own groundless assumptions about them, rather than any actual evidence. In fact, they are best known for freighter ganks, and newbies do not fly freighters by definition.

It is true that their attitude about newbies tends to be that they donā€™t need to be bubble-wrapped and shielded from PvP, but rather that it is better to treat them the same as anyone else and blap their ventures when they mine in highsec without a permit. Thatā€™s not ā€œgriefingā€ rookies, itā€™s engaging them in player-generated content.

4 Likes

If you donā€™t think what they do is a challenge, maybe you can show us all how easy it is?

2 Likes

Ganking ? Old school , I used to pop pods before they showed implant. I moved on to pā€¦vā€¦p

2 Likes

Ganking is PVP.

Any competition between players is player-vs-player, aka PVP.

Competing for price with another player? Thatā€™s PVP.

Competing for resources? Thatā€™s PVP. Itā€™s also a good reason to gank miners, amongst many others, including just for fun.

Additionally, I canā€™t find a kb with your name on it, so either HTFU and post with your main, or stop lying. Either way, donā€™t sit their and call people cowards if you canā€™t demonstrate you have a pair yourself. kthxbai.

4 Likes

TL;DR go kill a noob in a venture please. Donā€™t waste our time.

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m so sorry for wasting your precious time explaining the realities of EVE.

You seem to think that if someone shoots at Ventures, itā€™s suddenly all they do. Iā€™ll tell you a secret - I shoot at everyone. Noobs in ventures, as well as veteran wormhole PVPā€™ers.

And there isnā€™t a ganker out there who isnā€™t willing to take a risk for a good fight, I guarantee it. If Iā€™m wrong, then Iā€™m right there with you on any individual example you can present, they are indeed cowards.

But to blanket-categorise all gankers as people who donā€™t look for challenges?

This is me.

Tell me to my face I canā€™t handle a challenge, mate.

6 Likes

Pic too big, didnā€™t look. Are you an angry miner in disguise?

2 Likes

Itā€™s not a pic, itā€™s a video, of me in a Navy Maulus fighting a Firetail and a Garmur and killing them with 18% structure left. Get on my level, nub.

Hell, get on any level, thatā€™d be a good start.

You wanna sit there on your soapbox and talk trash about people who are demonstrably better at this game than you, or are you going to get out there and actually do something about what you deem bad behaviour? Talk is cheap, doing is being.

4 Likes

Iā€™m alpha still, havenā€™t played since 2011-2012. Iā€™ve surpassed you many times already. This is not a proving ground for me.

3 Likes

I have no reason to believe that youā€™ve played at all until you prove it. Iā€™ve shown you what I can do. And anyone can look at my KB. Whereā€™s yours?

If itā€™s red itā€™s dead, as an old player-still-friend once said. I donā€™t enjoy griefing or will go out of my way to shoot ships that canā€™t return the favour.
Iā€™m gonna leave you now. God bless you.

4 Likes

Exactly what I expected. No evidence of your claim to veteranship whatsoever.

Ganking isnā€™t griefing. Neither is shooting new players. Especially if they go out of their way to get shot at.

2 Likes

I dont have any cool kill vids or awesome kb stats but I have received like over 5 temp bans MINIMUM for griefing rookies over the years on this account and another 3-5 temp bans for scamming and ganking and tricking and otherwise griefing rookies on separate account also.

Its been so long since I got a temp ban I may go back to just getting warnings again so prob gonna go shoot some noobs and then make a vid of it to post on here so you all SEE THE ELITE PVP I AM

If you actually watch the vid, you can see that the people I fought are no rookies. They are in fact members of a very good French PVP corp. Not scrubs at all. Or donā€™t watch it and just assume that all I do is shoot at nubs. Makes no difference to me. Iā€™ve literally never had even a warning for doing so.

1 Like

You just described something that is nothing like CODEā€™s MO.

Iā€™m assuming youā€™re completely unfamiliar with them, but someone told you theyā€™re a big old pack of meanies and that was enough to make you burst into e-tears.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s the spirit, Carrie!

Grief noobs every day. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it is too hard for a newbie to lose a venture, or even the first ā€œreal expensiveā€ freighter. Every new player who gets in contact to vets or reads forums knows after 2 minutes that youā€™re in peril every time after undocking, so these guys just proof that ā€œgolden ruleā€.
And to be honest, if you finish the first learning missions, youā€™ve got plenty to replace a venture + setup. Itā€™s a vital part of learning.
Additionally, you can make the next step and work together with ā€œneighboursā€ and get some gankers out of their pod. Thatā€™s a lesson about cooperation.
I donā€™t think many newbies quit just because of this experience.